Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CLF or Bullshido?

CLF or Bullshido?

Hi Choy Lay Fut people~

is this a legit Choy Lay Fut Form??

I know there are MANY CLF forms over the 3 main branches so even "flavour" wise?

or is this obvious Bullshido?

Form is called "Ginger Fist"

Basically, the origin of the form was done in the Ginger Fields of China, and the form is actually based off the move where I drop down and throw the dirt or the mud at my opponent. The Actual Name of the Form in Chinese is NG Hum Ni. So, the actual form was named after one of the sifus saw a bird fling mud at a prey bird in a ginger field.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt=ECinv01.flv

Definitely can't call this a CLF form.

I don't have any idea what "style" this guy practices but from the looks of his form, there might be a chance this is from the Ed Parker Kenpo System or some offshoot? I'm just grasping at straws. I had read (I believe here) that Ed Parker had studied some CLF.

Either way, there is definitely no CLF flavor to this set at all so even if it was originally a CLF form it has been modified so much that it is no longer CLF.

Gingerfist as we practice it is not a form but is a type of fist. Shows up in our Bak Mo vs Crane 2 man set.

Quote Originally Posted by fawlung View Post
    Definitely can't call this a CLF form.

I don't have any idea what "style" this guy practices but from the looks of his form, there might be a chance this is from the Ed Parker Kenpo System or some offshoot? I'm just grasping at straws. I had read (I believe here) that Ed Parker had studied some CLF.

Either way, there is definitely no CLF flavor to this set at all so even if it was originally a CLF form it has been modified so much that it is no longer CLF.

Thanks for your opinion.. thats what i thought too.. but i'm not of CLF

BTW the performer is Paul White "Here is one [above form] that I
    took 1st place with at the East Coast invitational.

who is "Director of the the Molum Combat Arts Association. Director of the the MLCAA Honor Society, over 35 years in the Martial Arts. 8th Duan Molum Pai Kung Fu, 7th Dan Keisatsu Jujitsu."

Quote Originally Posted by 5thBrother View Post
    Hi Choy Lay Fut people~

is this a legit Choy Lay Fut Form??

I know there are MANY CLF forms over the 3 main branches so even "flavour" wise?

or is this obvious Bullshido?

Form is called "Ginger Fist"

Basically, the origin of the form was done in the Ginger Fields of China, and the form is actually based off the move where I drop down and throw the dirt or the mud at my opponent. The Actual Name of the Form in Chinese is NG Hum Ni. So, the actual form was named after one of the sifus saw a bird fling mud at a prey bird in a ginger field.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nt=ECinv01.flv
    sucks

Haooy New Year

wheres my manners...

Hands Diego and every one some festive seasons beers!

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5thBrother View Post

sounds like someone has been watching too many movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I found his stances to be lacking...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

"8th Duan Molum Pai" says it all.

Not CLF because it does not exhibit any of the "fist seeds" that define what CLF is

Poorly performed, and the karate gi, karate bowing, etc doesn't help our opinion of him

Content wise, looks like a short hand system, reminds me of some Lung Yihng (Dragon) I have seen in the past

NOT CLF
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    i tried to be open to the possiblity that possibly this guy may have had some "ELEMENTS" of choy lee fut, but if there ever was any, it was completely stripped bare of it.

However, it does look as if he started his form after the LONG salute of choy lee fut forms. the left and right movements are typical in clf sets.....

but again. outside of the panther fists he threw........there is NO choy lee fut in there at all.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Where does it say that the form was a CLF form??

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Where does it say that the form was a CLF form??
    I don't think it does...

"Ginger fist" is a hand-shape in hakka arts, like Chu Ka SPM... not sure it's a separate set.

The stuff shown does look like southern shorthand, but not sure I can comment on how skilled or unskilled it is.

However it's waaaay too short - that guy spends more time bowing than showing anything. I can't believe it got 1st place in anything.
    __
    "What is the sound of one hand clawing???" -- chanh buddhist proverb

fwiw

From what I could gather via google, it's a combination of systems, karate, and others including "Mo Lum Pai" kung-fu. Apparently Mo Lum Pai is something his teacher created after studying Preying Mantis, Jow Ga, Bak Mei and CLF.

On a side note... what is it with us Americans that we have to combine different cultures and act like it's natural!

"8th Duan Molum Pai".... wtf!

I realize the US is a "melting pot" and all that... but surely there's a better way.

For your viewing pleasure Molum Pai Website

Done with my rant now.

"Mo Lum Pai"!

I love it, so close to "no idea system"

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....