Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The What Did You Get for Christmas Thead

Money

3 gift cards(wal mart,local book store,applebees)

Crown Royal
    1 Sam. 16:7

My wife gave me:

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
    Dragon Quest Monsters (for the DS)
    A borders Gift Card
    Way too friggin much Minty Chocolate. Like, seriously. I didn't even know they MADE peppermint cherry cordials. Is that legal?
    "other things" (reciprocated!!)

Each of those mints will be worthy sacrifices to Deus Ellipticus (my pet name for the lonely elliptical trainer at the gym with a hellishly high resistance level.)

(If you must know, I got her a window-tinting for her Mazda3, a nice watch, a Teavana Tea Brewer, and some perfume... and some "other things.")
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Hmmm,

Signed copies of NightRunners by Joe R. Lansdale, signed copies of novels by Edward Lee, John Pelan and R. Patrick Gates.

Simon and Simon Season 1
    Magnum PI Season 4
    Gift Certificate to Deep Discounts.com store
    Gift Certificate to Graham Crackers comic shop
    Gift Certificate to Borders Books
    Ultraman Season 1
    Johnny Quest Season 1
    Thunder Cats Season 1
    Hammer House of Horror's collection
    A scattering of horror dvds, such as phantasm 3, Planet Terror, The Beast must Die, Demon's 1, Razorback, Monster Squad, the Brood, WestWorld, Of Uncertain Origin, some odd balls to my Bava collection.
    Chuck Norris-Force of One (oddly when I requested it-this was the wrong movie-I was looking for a movie where chuck norris fights this massive serial killer.)
    John Saxon the Glove. (freakin bad ass movie.)
    Some Psychobilly cd's.
    x-box 360's Jericho
    some clothes

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...rce=newsletter

Mitsuyo Maeda: The Toughest Man Who Ever Lived
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Magnum PI Season 4...
    Jesus! Some inhuman swine hates your guts!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Jesus! Some inhuman swine hates your guts!
    LMAO

If you can tell from part of that list, it was actually just a medium part of the list, that my tv taste runs a certain era.

Magnum PI for some reason or another, happens to be my favorite tv show of all time. Sometimes its not so much the show as when you were watching it, who with, the time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Hmmm,

Signed copies of NightRunners by Joe R. Lansdale, signed copies of novels by Edward Lee, John Pelan and R. Patrick Gates.

Simon and Simon Season 1
    Magnum PI Season 4
    Gift Certificate to Deep Discounts.com store
    Gift Certificate to Graham Crackers comic shop
    Gift Certificate to Borders Books
    Ultraman Season 1
    Johnny Quest Season 1
    Thunder Cats Season 1
    Hammer House of Horror's collection
    A scattering of horror dvds, such as phantasm 3, Planet Terror, The Beast must Die, Demon's 1, Razorback, Monster Squad, the Brood, WestWorld, Of Uncertain Origin, some odd balls to my Bava collection.
    Chuck Norris-Force of One (oddly when I requested it-this was the wrong movie-I was looking for a movie where chuck norris fights this massive serial killer.)
    John Saxon the Glove. (freakin bad ass movie.)
    Some Psychobilly cd's.
    x-box 360's Jericho
    some clothes
    Those are some good series, where do ya get the old cartoons? I'm looking for OG transformers, maybe some other stuff
    Bless you

Try Deep Discounts.com or Amazon I believe.

1. the 3rd seasong of kung fu from david carradine.

2. gift certificate.

3. a free session of massage.

--

Quote Originally Posted by jera View Post
    I got a 2004 les paul, slash standard, my entire family pitched together to buy it for me. I had a joygasm when I opened the box up.

http://www.guitargallery.com.sg/esto...0SLASH-web.jpg
    wow. I hate you!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Nice Axe Jera

I'll add my own X-mas Gift pic.
    Plays Nice with the Active pick up.
    Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

cjurakpt Guest
    a very cool tea set from my step-daughter:
    http://www.teavana.com/Tricolor+Teap...ProductDetails

from my wife, the entire Blackadder collection on DVD (lock up your sons and daughters!)

a Polo sweater and winter gloves (my mom just won't give up...)

Les Paul prices are insane (have been for a while now). I bought an 87' Custom Sunburst LP back in 89' right before the prices went sky high. Paid about a grand and change for it. Same guitar now is like 2,500 at lest. Last time I checked anyway. They've always been the most comfortable guitars to me.

I got my wife the Blackadder collection a few years back. We both love the BBC. Another great show is Brother Cadfiel. He's like a Medieval Monk/Detective.

This year I got my wife a diamond necklace. She got me one of those emergency radios that self charges and charges your cell phone, and does your laundry, etc. I've always said I wanted one. Can't be too prepared for a hurricane!

Not to stir up any sh.t but I find it odd that some people who profess that they're not religious are exchanging Christ-mas gifts. Maybe I'm ignorant but I always thought that gift giving originated with the wise men bringing gifts to Baby Jesus which would make the tradition a Religious one.

Expected response:

"YES you are ignorant you dumb sh..t, it actually originated with.....ancient.....people who......."
    Last edited by Anthony; 01-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Pretty much all cultures have some form of gift giving that includes pre and post and ignorant of Christian culture. That said, the Holiday is CHRISTMAS and we give CHRISTMAS presents, and Hanakah presents...so just call them that!
    I'm not religious in the slightest...but I still give Christmas presents...I'm not English but I still speak the language. I'm not Chinese but I do Kung Fu or Judo and I'm not Japanese.

That said, I got a 55pd kettlebell and an awesome office chair for my desk from my girlfriend!
    A unique snowflake

My lovely wife bought me a Fender FR50CE.