Thread: Jon Funk Videos?

Jon Funk Videos?

Anybody have some input on them? I don't have a mantis school in my area, so I'm looking at instructional vids. Any other training vids anyone would recommend?

Look for yushan on the forum here. He runs a good school in TN. Mantis is hard to learn from a video. Lots of hidden suttleties.
    [

naja

You must be in the most eastern part of the state if it takes 4 hours to get to Nashville. Come over some weekend and give it a go. We can get a lot of training in, spend the night, train some more and then you can go home and practice. How close are you to Asheville NC? I have a comrade who teaches Mantis Boxing there, name is Matt Melton (Oso). Asheville Martial Arts. I have to take airplanes to see my teacher, but it is well worth the effort. A four hour drive isnt too much, you would take home some nice treasures.

Thanks Radplaiddude for the props, SemperFi!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Thanks for the info yu shan. Asheville is only about 90 mins away from me, so it's a better possibility. Perhaps once I get some more exp under my belt I can come down to Nashville and visit. The drive wouldn't be too bad every once in a while, but I'd like to be able to meet up and train about once a month at this point. I've only been into kung fu for about 4 months now and would like to try mantis, so I'll try and get in touch with Oso once the holiday hectics die down.

Thanks again!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    go to www.plumflowermantisboxing.com if you are interested in Pong Lai...buy Shifu Kevin Braziers Babu Lian Hua DVD and you will get a look at the beginnings of our program. It is a good DVD, one of the best out there.
    Last edited by Oso; 12-26-2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: bad link
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i think that, if your budget allows, you should also get a jon funk video or two for comparison's sake. : )

neil

Since Oso brought it up...

Here is a link showing the contents of the video

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BeNYtIYi3Zs&feature=user

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaboy View Post
    i think that, if your budget allows, you should also get a jon funk video or two for comparison's sake. : )

neil
    ninjaboy, are you by any chance Josh Schafer's Sihing? if not then I apologize for the mistake
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Hi naja,
    This is contact info for a very good Wah Lum teacher not so far from you.

LEROY KAUTZ
    108 Carr St
    Knoxville, TN 37919
    (865) 558-8555

Good Luck

John Funk's videos aren't bad, but I'd also recommend getting a hold of some of Wong Hun Fun's books too.