Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: merry christmas ppl, a few tips on buying the right turkey

There is plenty of room for all of gods creatures. Right next to the mash potatoes.

What golden arahat is putting out is not the standard vegetarian based diatribe but a radical PETA sickness, and yes I 110% believe PETA and those that follow this nonsense have some sort of mental illness. From a plain old physical standpoint, a veg diet is very often the cause of deficincies in b12, iron, methionine and Vitamin D. Any diet that you have to take supplements to support is very absurd.

This btw is a perfect example of what I mean by a mental illness:

well how is a happy meal different to what the nazi's did ? other than they didn't eat the jews ?
    Some people here know that I hunt, mostly game birds as that is what I enjoy, but I have also taken a crack at venison and a few other varmints on occasion. I love the taste of meat, fresh from the field or from whole foods or from the deli, its all good and supports life on this planet as we know it.

growing meat

I though this would be relevant. ever heard of growing meat?

http://www.tca.uwa.edu.au/index.html

http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com...ves/008722.php

still think getting the meat from killing isn't a issue though.
    I love the little leather suit they are growing.
    Last edited by monji112000; 12-16-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    animals treated worse than the jews.

thats a pretty scewed sense of things.

do you even know all that was done to those people during that war?

When is the last time you gang raped a cow?
    6 million jews

1939- 1945

70 billion animals (USA alone)

the holocaust was bad but to honbestly say its as bad as what we currently do today to hundreds of species every year is just a fallacy
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    I just figured out why he decided to start all this sh!t up. He's straightedge and has nothing better to do with his time. (For those of you that don't speak teenager, straigtedge means that the person refuses to drink or smoke anything and will not engage in promiscuous sex. One usually identifies oneself with an X on the back of each hand)

my beliefs about smoking drinking and promiscuous sex have nothign to do with this

i do alot with my time
    i dont spend it doing the above

i never see why alot of people always have a problem with me being sober

Raising and caring for cattle with the intent of eating them is totally the same as trying to exterminate an entire race of people
    its worse

because we raise an entire species of animals then exterminate them only to have more

its an ongoing cycle

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post

When we humans get really good at genetic manipulation, cloning, splicing, all that fancy stuff, perhaps we'll figure out how to make meat without making an animal to produce it. Kind of like just growing it in large vats. You'd have a vat of cloned tissue, with no sentient life to kill for it. Not only that, but you'd have cloned an extremely efficient source of protein and B-vitamins (Very very very rarely found in plant matter.)

i am tottally in support of this

in fact we have already made cloned meat before
    it doesnt taste of anything much (lack of bacteria in the meat etc)
    butwe are getting good at it

i'd eat it

"There is plenty of room for all of gods creatures. Right next to the mash potatoes."

Don't think that comment will lead to any productive discussion. But, it's an example of how extremism on one side usually leads to extremism on the other and hate.

Golden Arhat, that's the kind of response that your extremism will get you. Dont' know how making enemies and pis.sing people off will help your cause. Drop the whole Nazi comparrison thing-it doesn't work. Concentrate on the ethical treatment and killing of animals as a step toward your goal.

Black Jack, I'm not against hunting. Animals hunt, we hunt....seems natural to me. The animal dies quickly. I live in a suburb of NYC so I have to get my meat at a supermarket. I'd honestly rather live more in balance with nature and hunt and grow all of my food. But, it's impossible.

I'm sure as a hunter you love nature. Same as I do. I donate regularly to the WWF (no not the World Wrestling Federation) the World Wildlife Fund. And some other similar organizations that concentrate on preservation of the environment. A loosing cause I know.

As someone who has pets and as anyone who has pets knows, there's more to animals than meets the eye. They can surprise you with their emotions and intelligence, loyalty, etc.

At the same time, lets not overestimate the quality of the human creature. Our behavior throughout history does not exactly match our potential for morality and intelligence.

It's a war of us against the planet.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i am tottally in support of this

in fact we have already made cloned meat before
    it doesnt taste of anything much (lack of bacteria in the meat etc)
    butwe are getting good at it

i'd eat it
    Let's hope they work the whole bacteria thing out. Otherwise, one might as well eat tofu, which I avoid unless it has the words "Ma Bo" in front of it. Plus the technology would probably make the process more efficient and cost-effective once perfected.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

its worse

because we raise an entire species of animals then exterminate them only to have more

its an ongoing cycle
    Seriously, you just said that? the difference is there is no cow culture. if you take a cow from the American midwest and put it in India, the cow will not suddenly moo differently or create a new art form. The Jewish people, however, have culture and contribute to the world and without them, this would be a very different world. And if nothing else, it's different because it's our species. It's alot easier to kill something you know is vastly different from you. You have to be really phucked up to try and exterminate an entire culture of people who, for all purposes, are just like you.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Seriously, you just said that? the difference is there is no cow culture. if you take a cow from the American midwest and put it in India, the cow will not suddenly moo differently or create a new art form. The Jewish people, however, have culture and contribute to the world and without them, this would be a very different world. And if nothing else, it's different because it's our species. It's alot easier to kill something you know is vastly different from you. You have to be really phucked up to try and exterminate an entire culture of people who, for all purposes, are just like you.

well humans seem to be the most evil things about
    look at the jews

they almost get exterminated
    get their own country and start being racist to others in palestine

i'd rather 6 million humans die that an infinite amount of animals die

they feel fear
    they feel pain
    they have equal worth as far as i'm concerned

flame all you want people

i dont see humans as "better" than animals

"i dont see humans as "better" than animals"

Just for the record....neither do I. In fact, we're worse.

we can think

that makes us better because ?

a bird can fly

can you ?

does that make it better ?

I'm not agreeing with you on this, I'm just not going to post on this anymore but can you understand why people are so up in arms over you comparing animals to what people suffered in the holocaust?
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

well humans seem to be the most evil things about
    look at the jews
    they almost get exterminated
    get their own country and start being racist to others in palestine ...
    i dont see humans as "better" than animals
    yah ok why not graduate high school and start learning about what really goes on in the world before you make such strong views.If Israel is racist to the "Palestinians" (which as by definition includes all of Israel), then I would personally love to be discriminated. I have a college bill that needs being payed for.. I had thousands of dollars for of medical bills... let me know when someone wants to discriminate on me. wait you didn't know about the free medical care (one of the best in the world becouse of its network with Europe) or the free education? Go look up what the word Palestinian means, were it comes from , and the history of the middle east. It may take some time to read all the information...
    YAH
    lets compare something else like the Arminian holocaust or any other of the so many holocausts that have happened. Still waiting on the animal sex answer, if animals are so equal why not marry one? Does that go against the "straight edge" rule book?
    grow some balls, eat meat.. then maybe one day you will get laid.
    Last edited by monji112000; 12-16-2007 at 02:46 PM.