Thread: Martial arts in Anime

Hybrid View

md geist

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ever watch M. D. Geist?

not really martial arts, in the traditional sense, but definately some martial action with this Anime. Its another one that falls into the oldy but goody section.

something about a genetically engineered super human with the perfect reaction to nearly every combat situation imaginable that makes ya go, mmmmmm
    One of the classics M.D. Geist is. It gets a bad rap for the quality of animation and being dated. The sequel I remember watching...but the first one did leave an impact.

Cashan, Robot Hunter was one that I had watched long time ago.

The 8 Man After oVa was good except that the only one available now is a dubbed one.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Zebraman was pretty cool...

I also agree with the 1st thread:
    史上最強の弟子ケンイチ History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi was awesome!

Aside from those:

The obvious-

Bleach & Naruto are my favorites and the old school Dragon Ball Z but you can't really say those are purely martial arts anime's.

Ranma 1/2 is pretty cool.

Fist of the North Star

X

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Shura no toki

Grappler Baki

Saiyuki

Karas

The Chinese are bringing out some pretty cool anime's as well:

Storm Riders is definitely one of the best!

Just some of my fav's sorry if I posted a lot of the same series as others. (didn't check)
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

Hajime No Ippo is an incredible anime about boxing, which is of course a martial art. They go pretty in depth into techniques, strategies and training methods too. Great anime with a lot of heart.