Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Comming Economic collapse

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post

I also want a 54 foot sailing vessel named Delphis so I can sail around the Caribean and explore remote islands.

Of course, I would have to learn to sail first.....

Dude. go for it.

Seriously. I was raised by my father, but my mother spent her life sailing around the world. From the times I was able to spend with her on her boat....im already convinced its the way to live. All in due time....ill have my boat.

Funny thing is I almost dropped everything for a piecer I found in Trinidad once, but I decided against it for some reason.

What is a better ocupation than "adventurer"

edit: I remember now, it was the prospect of dying at sea due to a ****ty boat.
    Last edited by Lucas; 12-06-2007 at 12:29 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

This lady can collapse any economy, or drain it if you know what I mean
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I am actually thinking of moving to Costa Rica just west of Puerta Limon. It will have me right on the edge of untamed jungle, and a bustling port town where I could doc my boat.

As soon as my Futures trading account is the appropriate size, I am going.

One cool thing, in Cost Rica, if I make my money outside of the country, I owe NO taxes. Since my primary income will probably be trading the US Futures markets, I would enjoy tax free living.

LOL! the whole Caribbean sea/central America are is covered by satalite internet, so I could sail the sea and still Post!!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This lady can collapse any economy, or drain it if you know what I mean
    Reply]
    I need her on my boat with me!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I am actually thinking of moving to Costa Rica just west of Puerta Limon. It will have me right on the edge of untamed jungle, and a bustling port town where I could doc my boat.

As soon as my Futures trading account is the appropriate size, I am going.

One cool thing, in Cost Rica, if I make my money outside of the country, I owe NO taxes. Since my primary income will probably be trading the US Futures markets, I would enjoy tax free living.

LOL! the whole Caribbean sea/central America are is covered by satalite internet, so I could sail the sea and still Post!!
    BS, you're going cause of the calient latinas !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

No, no it's the weather and tax bennifits...really...it is!!

Isnt Ray Pina held up in Costa Rica ?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well the reset for the sub-prime mortgage gaff in the usa, but bottom out? i doubt it.

you have to realize though that you live in an apocalyptic believing society and hence the ease of alarmist bulletins.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'd enjoy sailing around in the Caribean (sp?). Then I could be a pirate and go around saying "arrrgghhh" all the time and walk around with a limp and an eye patch and no one would look at me funny like the way they do now.

Bob
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

If you have a Parrot on your shoulder, you can be my First mate!

Talking

Since my primary income will probably be trading the US Futures markets, I would enjoy tax free living.
    not true, you will be liable for income tax in the US, whether you live there or not. unless you renounce your citizenship.

unless you elect Ron Paul
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I just had to say it but RD that website you posted managed to succesfully **** me off. Lots of ignorance and racism.

*EDIT: Ron Paul's been sounding better and better lately.

Too bad he wont get the republican vote.

I was similarly ****ed off as well. It's a weird site, with some really cool stuff (Like the old school technologies DVDs), but much of it is really wacked out stuff.

Google Survival, Wilderness Survival, Survival Gear, Survival Skills etc... and you will find a bunch of weird sites like that.

All I'm looking for is books DVD's on Primitive living skills, not all this wacked out fringe sh1t.

An economy is what makes a little into a lot.

You manufacture, do the value added shuffle, i.e. make dirt into iron, iron into steel, steel into cars, etc.

You speculate, i.e. buy low, sell high. Labour, commodities, etc.

You invent, i.e. create something from nothing, i.e. software.

Economies are the property of the nation, they feed the people, provide lifestlye, and challenge the mind. You get reward based upon effort.

It may collapse for people who have an unfair advantage due to monopoly, collusion or other *******isation of the market (unfair influence in government, cronyism, etc), and lifestyles may suffer, but I don't see mankind going back to campfires, spears and caves...

Energy cartel fails, due to peak oil and peak consumer tollerance.

How many more millions of jobs come from re-fitting the homes of 250 million consumers. Talk about a redistribution of resources.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

not true, you will be liable for income tax in the US, whether you live there or not. unless you renounce your citizenship.

Reply]
    There are ways around that.