Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fight Quest

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU MARK GERRY View Post
    Fight Quest's Jimmy Smith Vs. Human Weapon's Jason Chambers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whf2S...read.php?t=836
    Nice fight. The lock looked like it did some internal damage.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Looks just like human weapon. We'll see how they present it.

"Fight Quest" - China - Sanda - 12/28/07 7PM PST

"Thumper" (from Disney's "Bambi" (1942)):

"Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!
    Thumper: Yes, mama?
    Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?
    Thumper: [clears throat] If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.)l

After seeing the Wushu promo I can say I'm not impressed. They fight Sanda. Ok cool. But then they have them break bricks and do "stick" forms. And it's not a stick it's a staff. They should have spent more time on more effective training methods for Sanda. At least in human weapons they had breakdowns of moves. This just looks like a survey of Shaolin Wushu in a week and then they fight. The only thing I liked was during the last part where the 2 hosts did vagabond tricks breaking bricks. And even then it wasn't that impressive since anyone can break a brick and I've seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by jigahus View Post
    After seeing the Wushu promo I can say I'm not impressed. They fight Sanda. Ok cool. But then they have them break bricks and do "stick" forms. And it's not a stick it's a staff. They should have spent more time on more effective training methods for Sanda. At least in human weapons they had breakdowns of moves. This just looks like a survey of Shaolin Wushu in a week and then they fight. The only thing I liked was during the last part where the 2 hosts did vagabond tricks breaking bricks. And even then it wasn't that impressive since anyone can break a brick and I've seen it before.

Being stuck in Italy until New Year's, I couldn't watch it b/c it was a premium channel on the dish where I'm at...but it doesn't look like i missed anything exciting

Pretty much like Human Weapon, but they did a much better job with selecting what to show. The San Da level was much higher than what we saw on Human Weapon. The list of upcoming stuff is better too.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Boxing in Mexico City, with Nacho Berstein, one of the best boxing coaches of this era? That'll be bloody, lol.

Well they did train with Shi De Yang and Shi De Cheng. That was somewhat impressive.

This show shows some promise.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

China

Similar premise to Human Weapon. Although the two hosts this time seem complete opposites. One is polite and patient while the other is a bit rough around the edges with a seemingly bad attitude. Maybe he'll get better in the later episodes.

The episode was well balanced. I'm happy to see they incorporated the Internal principles of Kung Fu and didn't focus overly on the External principles.

The San Da training and matches were entertaining to look at. I think the monks were being too polite though when they announced "ties" for some of the matches. They should have just called it like it was.

The Demos on breaking were really intense. No BS martial arts there.

That episode is coming on again and I plan to review it.

The selection of fighting arts they have lined up for Fight Quest looks a little better than Human Weapon. Kajukenbo, Capoeira...etc. I really can't wait.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

So far, I'm underwhelmed and it's because baldy is a COMPLETE A$$hole!!! Actually, that's insulting to a$$holes. I apology for putting him on such a high tower.

Hopefully, he'll get his clock cleaned in the Kajukenbo episode.

China

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    So far, I'm underwhelmed and it's because baldy is a COMPLETE A$$hole!!! Actually, that's insulting to a$$holes. I apology for putting him on such a high tower.

Hopefully, he'll get his clock cleaned in the Kajukenbo episode.
    Hehe...I said it a little different but I guess the same sentiment is present. Not really what I would consider the mentality of a martial artist. His lack of respect at certain points was a bit daunting to myself. Then, during his last fight, he had commented that all his Qi Kung training went out the window and he just wanted to hurt his opponent...I just started shaking my head.

Kajukenbo...can't wait! I'm glad they are giving exposure to this style of fighting.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Philippines

It has been a couple of days since this episode aired but there has been no response.

One main difference I see in Fight Quest is that, unlike Human Weapon the show is all caught up in itself. No one takes the time to try and educate the viewers on specific techniques, as they did in HW. I was able to test some application using moves from HW but it is not so easy with FQ. The interactiveness comes only when either Anderson or Smith are talking to the camera about whatever they happen to be feeling at the moment.

The instructors are more sociable and their English (those who were able to speak it) was understandable. They made the effort to communicate to us, the viewers, and that says volumes about the kind of people they are.

Another main difference...it is only the second episode but it seems as if both fighters have an opportunity to show how much they have learned in five days. Since both have different attitudes, I think it is interesting to watch each individual and how they use their techniques.

There is definitely a lot of action and the training looks very hardcore, no BS or favoritism just because they are guests. I respect that and believe that the training is more worthwhile for the two competitors.

The training for kali was as rough as it looked. I think that Anderson and Smith were both prepared for their fights.

The ending fight was exciting. Each round showcased a different type of combat and you can tell each fighter put their effort into it (from what I gathered).

Just one person's opinion.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I agree on the last episode the training was pretty intense. (more bootcamp style for the one dude) No bull crap on that training it was hardcore stuff.

Overall not a bad show, could use some more educational aspects but it's TV were not suppose to be educated.

I thought it was funny that the big bald guy was complaining about learning staff. He said "once youve felt someones nose break it's hard being asked to swing a stick around" then in the next episode eskrima he is swinging a stick around and really enjoying it.

His bias towards particular styles doesn't show at all

Good show though. Anything martial art related on tv is a good sign
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Phillipines

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I agree on the last episode the training was pretty intense. (more bootcamp style for the one dude) No bull crap on that training it was hardcore stuff.

Overall not a bad show, could use some more educational aspects but it's TV were not suppose to be educated.
    Yes but it was Discovery Channel and educating is one of it's purposes...well, so I thought.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)