Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Lama Sup Ji

cjurakpt Guest
    the clock ticks as the moderator approaches with lock and key...

the point is, this whole thing started with comments made regarding the "linguistic drift" of the Lama Sahp Jih as presented by one of Gus' students; the observation by Mike, Dave and myself was that there were marked discrepancies in the form relative to the way it was originally taught

the counter arguments by Gus (and echoed by his student) were that there were mistakes made by the performer, that certain things were changed for tournament use, and then later that Gus has consciously evolved the form on his own

I think the point is this: our critique of the form is based on what we know about Gus personally having studied alongside CTS with him, his "study habits", his attention to detail / capacity to remember things, all things that were issues in the past, and that, correctly, should not be aired publicly; I think that part of what rankles us is that his presently propagated public persona (how's THAT for alliterative!) is at odds with what we have known to be otherwise - being there, we know the cracks in the armor;

however, and here's the important part, when Gus came on the forum last year and started expressing himself, even though we took issue with what we knew to be misrepresentations, WE SAID NOTHING PUBLICLY TO CONTRADICT HIM; it was not until he accused Dave of being a "sell out" (basically to enhance his image as a traditional Sifu in front of his other on-line kung-fu buddies) that we presented evidence that contradicted his claims; so now, there is no deference to anything that comes out of his camp;

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    the clock ticks as the moderator approaches with lock and key...

the point is, this whole thing started with comments made regarding the "linguistic drift" of the Lama Sahp Jih as presented by one of Gus' students; the observation by Mike, Dave and myself was that there were marked discrepancies in the form relative to the way it was originally taught

the counter arguments by Gus (and echoed by his student) were that there were mistakes made by the performer, that certain things were changed for tournament use, and then later that Gus has consciously evolved the form on his own

I think the point is this: our critique of the form is based on what we know about Gus personally having studied alongside CTS with him, his "study habits", his attention to detail / capacity to remember things, all things that were issues in the past, and that, correctly, should not be aired publicly; I think that part of what rankles us is that his presently propagated public persona (how's THAT for alliterative!) is at odds with what we have known to be otherwise - being there, we know the cracks in the armor;

however, and here's the important part, when Gus came on the forum last year and started expressing himself, even though we took issue with what we knew to be misrepresentations, WE SAID NOTHING PUBLICLY TO CONTRADICT HIM; it was not until he accused Dave of being a "sell out" (basically to enhance his image as a traditional Sifu in front of his other on-line kung-fu buddies) that we presented evidence that contradicted his claims; so now, there is no deference to anything that comes out of his camp;
    VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF ABOVE POST
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

For what it's worth......even though the correct reading is "clear cloud", "green cloud" sounds way cooler. Better name. Down the road it will just be like one of those Taiji moves where the name changed because one of the lineage holders was somewhat illiterate and didn't know what character it was. Happens all the time. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    Dave that's not my web site It's Ivans and there are a lot of mistakes and hasn't been updated.

Now are we going to continue this rant??? Personaly Frank is right about airing dirty laundry and it's also unprofessional. Maybe we can discuss this in person face to face, Man to man since unlike you I have a life and can't spend the rest of my day like you sorting out my insecure issues on a publick forum.

And speaking of being a man if you continue to bash my name and rep on this forum yes legal issues will arise since it seems dealing with you face to face like a man is not possible with a boy like you.
    No one is insulting you or threatening you. No one is bashing your name or 'rep.' We are merely discussing verifyable facts. You have insulted Dave several times during these one post however; do you even realize the way you say things?

Gus, seriously, no one has insulted you. But look at what you keep writing here.

I wish you would just open your eyes a bit and look at this whole conversation from a different perspective.

And then you get off the forum, speak to one of us, or one of our students, and act like you never said these things or they don't really mean anything. How can you think like that?

These constant insults which you throw out...they push you further and further away from where you really want to be.
    Last edited by Lama Pai Sifu; 11-30-2007 at 09:55 AM.

We'll all be so much happier...

....when you guys learn to *ignore* each other.

Please, no more PMs from any of you. I'm already hip to the *ignore* trip. Settle this on another forum. It's old news here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart