Thread: Help Mixing Martial Arts

Talking Help Mixing Martial Arts

I been do ing do wing chung for some time now and a little drunken boxing on the side and was think about doing drunken wing chung. But some of my friends say it wont work. So I'm asay if there is any out there at can tell me if or if not and why it will or will not work.

Because the intent of any Drunken form is to teach relaxation of the hips. That's about it- it's also used to show off at your friend's houses but don't try to impress chicks with it because they will think you're stupid.

Hi KKM!

(obligatory filler in order to post a response, please ignore this)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

BaKu,

Stop drinking, it's bad for your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Ignore this man, for he knows not what he says !!
    Drink man !!
    Drink like there is no tomorrow !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    BaKu,

amen brother
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by BaKu View Post
    I been do ing do wing chung for some time now and a little drunken boxing on the side and was think about doing drunken wing chung. But some of my friends say it wont work. So I'm asay if there is any out there at can tell me if or if not and why it will or will not work.
    First, you are doing Wing Chun. Not Chung.

Second, I would suggest trying a few styles of Kung-Fu out and then stick to one for a length of time. Wing Chun is effective, however the drunken boxing is - to my knowledge - just one collection of movements placed in a form.

Could you combine the two? You can combine anything, but you would need extensive training in both martial arts for years to come.

Start training first.

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

You make the style, the style doesn't make you. make it your own. fighting is fighting.
    5th Five Tigers Kung Fu Championship 2008
    http://www.fivetigerschampionship.com/
    http://www.jowtigers.com

i agree with the last post, u can always mix, blending into and out of styles to make your own style, but you must spend time learning both , first
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Learn one style thoroughly...Learn one to understand them all...

Why would it not work you asked...WCseemed to require solid stance to effect its techniques. The stance gives power to use of the hands~. Drunkard is a flavoring, though techniques are set throughout different forms, it is balanced but as abstract art. and almost not ever symetrical as Wing Chun might supposed to be.

To mix I might put to weave with drunk , break or end drunk postures with Wing chun moves. Paying strictest attention to snap!--ending in solidness to Wing Chun posture.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DkYF2MfHKzw

Maybe some wing chun is what drunken boxing needs.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    At least the second guy was waiting to use techniques for catching/blocoking then attacking for a kick. His drunken manner allowed him to get hit good but still be fairly functional perhaps. The first guy did other than commit to atacks, and slowed to attack or waited for a place /moment to attack and got locked on-to in that delay.

It would be like leaving warp to fire but get right back into warp after shot launch--this might should be effective Drunkard Boxing applied...

I No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 11-13-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: . to /
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

It would be like leaving warp to fire but get right back into warp after shot launch
    What the F*uck did you just say? Are you drunk?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Blog Entries
    Is that drunk combined successfully with WC?
    I said move fluidly with quick directional shifts onlty to pause momentarily and begin again moving. Yet while paused strike or finish the strike begun while in shifting motion.-ish

No_Know