Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Not too sure about that. Oneday I taught Taiji An (double pushing) in my YWCA class, I used both palms to push on a girl's shoulders, she asked, "Do you suppose to push on my chest?" I didn't have the courage to push on her chest in front of others.
    Did you tell her to come to the private classes to learn the real techniques?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Did you tell her to come to the private classes to learn the real techniques?
    Are you kidding me? She might abuse me sexually.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-03-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Not so busted Martial Artists

These lads fight crime on the way to the title. Sweet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...?urn=mma-wp309
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

In Dubai...

Crazy story.
    Fight club fine sparks kung-fu beating
    Wednesday 23 Mar, 2011

A health and safety official has told how an enraged martial artist attacked him with traditional fighting weapons after he handed out a fine to a “dirty” sports club.

The attacker rained down blows on the 31-year-old Iraqi using his fighting skills, Dubai Court of First Instance heard.

The official had gone to the centre in the Rigga area of Deira for a follow-up inspection after finding previous violations at the club.

When he found new health and safety breaches, it enraged two Chinese men and a woman at the centre.

The inspector was subjected to a savage assault and claims he only escaped by throwing himself from a window, breaking his legs as he landed.

The victim testified: “I identified myself and, after checking the place, I issued an offence ticket about the cleaning standards as the place smelt. “They yelled at me and the female defendant ripped up the ticket and locked the door.”

The official said he was shocked when one of the men then lashed out at him using karate-style moves. He said: “He punched me in the face twice and knocked me down.”

The victim added: “The other man forced me into a chair and the first suspect came back carrying a big blue stick and hit me many times.

“I was afraid he would kill me.” The victim said he begged them to leave him alone - at which point one of the men produced nunchaku - a Japanese weapon consisting of two sticks conn*ected by a short chain.

“I tried to protect my head and then one of them began to strangle me,” he said. “There was blood all over my body and the female defendant was cleaning things up, laughing at me.”

The official said he noticed an open window and jumped out of it.

Medical reports showed he had broken his legs and arms and hurt his spine. He has been left 25 per cent disabled.

The two men, aged 26 and 46, and the woman, have all pleaded not guilty to illegal imprisonment. One of the men is also charged with assault leading to disability, which he denies.
    Inspector in escape from kung-fu attackers
    Jumps from window to escape Chinese who he fined over ‘dirty’ martial arts club
    By Eman Al Baik
    Published Wednesday, March 23, 2011
    Picture used for illustrative purposes only. (AGENCIES)

A health and safety official from Dubai Municipality has told how enraged martial artists, including a doctor and a woman, attacked him after he handed out a fine to a self-defence training centre and sports club for health and safety violations.

YS, 46, a doctor, KZ, 26, clerk and the 37-year old woman YY, all Chinese, were accused of confining Jasem Khaled, 31, Assistant Inspection Officer at Dubai Municipality against his will and while performing his duty.

The doctor, YS, was accused of physically assaulting Khaled and causing 25 per cent permanent disability according to a Dubai Police forensic report.

Khaled had to use his presence of mind and act with great courage and bravery to escape. He jumped – Jackie Chan-style from a window. On landing, however, he broke his legs.

Khaled testified before the Dubai Court of First Instance yesterday that on November 23, at around 11.45am he was directed to Al Riqqa area and specifically to Al Owais building, where the sports club for self-defence is located, under a weekly plan prepared by the municipality to inspect establishments to ensure compliance with health regulations.

“I inspected the club and issued them a warning regarding violations including smoking smell, bad smell of food from left overs and a low cleanliness level of bathrooms. The workers did not have health cards.

This enraged the two Chinese men and woman at the centre.

The inspector was subjected to a savage assault and claims he only escaped by jumping out of a window and breaking his legs as he landed.

The victim testified: “I identified myself and, after checking the place, I issued an offence ticket about the cleaning standards as the place smelt. “They yelled at me and the female defendant ripped up the ticket and locked the door.”

The official said he was shocked when one of the men then lashed out at him using karate-style moves. He said: “He punched me in the face twice and knocked me down.”

The victim added: “The other man forced me into a chair and the first suspect came back carrying a big blue stick and hit me many times.

“I was afraid he would kill me.” The victim said he begged them to leave him alone - at which point one of the men produced nunchaku - a Japanese weapon consisting of two sticks conn*ected by a short chain.

“I tried to protect my head and then one of them began to strangle me,” he said. “There was blood all over my body and the female defendant was cleaning things up, laughing at me.”

The official said he noticed an open window and jumped out of it.

Darin James, 27, a British manager who lives in the same building testified before the prosecution that at around 1.40pm he heard a sound of on the street. “I rushed to the balcony and saw a man covered blood screaming of pain. I rushed down and by that time many people gathered around him. It seemed to me that he had been beaten up as there were bruises and blood on his face and left eye and on his shirt. He asked me not to leave him saying that the Chinese will kill him and told me that he jumped from the mezzanine floor to escape. Police were called and he was rushed to the hospital.”

The Court adjourned the case for verdict until April 5.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Tell me this wasn't one of you

I saw the headline 'kung fool' and thought instantly of our fine upstanding membership here at the KFM forum.
    Kung fu fool practices moves on elderly man near Fisherman’s Wharf
    By: Mike Aldax 05/03/11 9:26 AM

Call this kid Karate Coward.

San Francisco police say an apparent lunatic practicing karate on a Fisherman’s Wharf sidewalk Monday attacked and injured an 85-year-old man trying to walk past him.

Witnesses told cops the 45-year-old San Francisco man was doing some martial arts moves before the alleged attack at Jefferson and Mason streets around 4:40 p.m.

As the elderly man walked passed him, the deranged sensei “grabbed him around the neck from behind and threw him to the ground,” police said.

The two men appear to be complete strangers, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.

Disgusted witnesses flagged down cops.

The elderly man, also a San Francisco resident, was transported to the California Pacific Medical Center. His condition Tuesday was not immediately known.

The suspect, whose name has yet to be released, was arrested without incident. He was booked on felony charges of aggravated assault and elder abuse, Esparza said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    where are the Guardian Angels when you really need them huh?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Guardian Angels on Fisherman's Wharf?

If they were there, they'd be eating Dungeness crab and buying Alcatraz key chains with the rest of the tourists.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

odd story

Dad banned from teaching martial arts
    Shelley Hadfield
    May 12, 2011 12:00AM

A DAD has been ordered not to teach his three-year-old daughter martial arts moves.

The Federal Magistrates' Court was told the little girl was returning from visits with her dad demonstrating karate moves, mimicking strengthening exercises and hanging off doorknobs.

She had also become uncharacteristically aggressive with her mum after contact visits, the court heard.

In the judgment, the court said a psychiatrist suspected the father was encouraging the little girl to defend herself and that was at least partly to blame for her aggressive outbursts.

The mother claimed the child had returned from her dad demonstrating how she could deal with people with a broom, saying: "For bad people, I go whack."

The court heard the father claimed he had developed martial arts skills "so that he could take on 20-30 people at once.

The mother complained that during their relationship he was obsessed with self-protection and kept an iron bar by the front door and by his side of the bed.

"She says he was constantly practising self defence moves with this bar, spinning it around, doing roundhouse kicks, telling the mother she was weak and pathetic and that his daughter would not be weak and pathetic like her," the judgment said.

The father was restrained from discussing, demonstrating or participating in self-defence training or techniques with his daughter following a hearing in Sydney.

The father told the court he was eccentric.
    "For bad people, I go whack" would make a good T-shirt logo.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I do not see the harm is learning to defend yourself. This must be Australia and UK where they think self defense should not be in the hand of their serfs. First they ban guns now martial arts. F'in pathetic.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    I do not see the harm is learning to defend yourself. This must be Australia and UK where they think self defense should not be in the hand of their serfs. First they ban guns now martial arts. F'in pathetic.
    Martial arts is not banned or stifled here at all. In fact your probably more likely to cop a vintage style bashing on the street here (and the U.K for that matter) than many other developed countries, precisely because of the lack of guns.

This story makes me sick

Published 03:56 13.06.11
    Latest update 03:56 13.06.11
    Child-killer Ronny Ron blames martial arts for death blow that killed Rose
    Ronny Ron asks to submit new evidence on his expertise in martial arts to Petah Tikva District Court the day before he is due to be sentenced for the murder of his 4-year old granddaughter.
    By Ofra Edelman

On the eve of his sentencing hearing for the murder of his 4-year-old granddaughter, convicted killer Ronny Ron asked the Petah Tikva District Court yesterday to hear new evidence in the case - about his expertise in martial arts.

Ron asserted that this expertise is what turned the slap he claims to have given his granddaughter, Rose Pizem, into a fatal blow, and evidence of it could thus strengthen his claim that he didn't kill her intentionally.

But the judges seem unlikely to give much weight to this assertion, as their verdict rejected Ron's entire account of the fatal blow as "unreasonable and not credible."

Last week, Ron's new defense attorney, Benyamin Nahari, told the court he had just learned something from Ron that might affect his sentence, and asked for time to investigate it. At the time, he didn't specify what he had learned, but it now turns out the new fact was Ron's martial arts experience.

In a letter sent to the court yesterday, Nahari wrote that Ron was an expert in several martial arts, including Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and even spent several years training elite army units in these methods, "whose emphasis is on quickly neutralizing the target via a single, precisely-aimed, fatal blow.

"Someone who trained for years in these techniques and then, "in the heat of the moment, struck a young girl in the face could certainly cause her death through pure haste, unintentionally," the letter argued.

But in the verdict that convicted both Ron and Marie-Charlotte Renault - who is Rose's mother, Ron's daughter-in-law and also his live-in lover - the judges stressed that the pair's behavior after Rose's death belied the claim that her death was unintentional. For instance, instead of taking her to the hospital, Ron dumped her body in a suitcase and threw it in the river.
    This is wrong on so many levels.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

In Singapore

12 cane strokes seems minor compared to 11 years.
    Jul 5, 2011
    Martial arts instructor gets jail for sex with girl, 13
    By Selina Lum
    A martial arts instructor, 46, who had sex with his then 13-year-old student was sentenced to 11 years' jail and 12 strokes of the cane on Monday. -- ST PHOTO: JOYCE FANG

A MARTIAL arts instructor, 46, who had sex with his then 13-year-old student was sentenced to 11 years' jail and 12 strokes of the cane on Monday.

In sentencing, Justice Lee Seiu Kin said he took into account that the girl was a willing party and that the accused was a much older man who was placed in a position of trust.

The married father of two, who cannot be named to protect the girl's identity, was convicted in May of three counts of statutory rape and four counts of sexual exploitation.

Although no violence was used, the man had abused his position and exploited the girl, said the judge in handing down a jail term of 10 years as well as four strokes of the cane on each of the statutory rape charges. On the four charges of sexual exploitation, Justice Lee handed down between six months to two years' jail.

He ordered the jail term for one charge of statutory rape to run consecutively with a one-year term for sexual exploitation, making a total of 11 years in jail.

The man has filed an appeal against his conviction and is out on bail pending the appeal hearing.

Background:

The man was 41 years old when he asked her to be his girlfriend; they became intimate and had sex in his car. They called each other lao gong (husband in Mandarin) and lao po (wife) in their text messages and online chats. The sexual offences, which took place between February and May 2007, came to light when the girl was questioned by school officials about their relationship. Her mother went to the police.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cleared

I couldn't quite wrap my head around the original article on this. Looks like the judge couldn't either.

Judge clears Kung fu movie beauty in kidnap conviction of 4-year-old daughter
    BY John Marzulli
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 4:00 AM

Vietnamese movie actress Ly Huong, outside Federal Court in Brooklyn where a judge overturned her conviction of parental kidnapping on a technicality.

A Brooklyn judge Friday kicked out the conviction of a beautiful martial arts movie star who fled the country with her young daughter after a storybook marriage turned sour.

Ly Huong was found guilty last year of bolting to Vietnam in 2005 with her 4-year-old daughter, Princess, claiming she was running away from a physically abusive husband, a Chinatown restaurateur known as the "King of Canal Street."

During deliberations, the jury was unsure if Huong's claim of domestic violence could be a valid defense. Judge Sterling Johnson told them the statute was unclear and advised them to use common sense.

Johnson threw out the conviction, ruling the vagueness deprived her of a defense.

"It wasn't your fault," Johnson told the prosecutor in Brooklyn Federal Court, blaming it on the way Congress wrote the statute.

Huong, whose father is considered Vietnam's Bruce Lee, gave up her career acting in martial arts and action flicks to marry businessman Tony Lam, who owns the Bun restaurant on Grand St.

Their fairy tale wedding was attended by 600 guests, including the president of Vietnam and mayor of Ho Chi Minh City. But Huong soon soured on life in a Canal St. apartment she described as a "rat hole."

"Every day I have to climb up three flights of stairs ... and we had to hold our nose because people coming in there ... pee on the stairs and I have to clean up every day," Huong testified at her trial.

Lam denied the accusations of abuse and has sole custody of their daughter.

"I miss my daughter very much," Huong, 43, told the Daily News yesterday through an interpreter.

Federal prosecutors can retry Huong, offer her a plea deal or walk away from the case, said defense lawyer Edward Kratt.

"We're hopeful this will be the end of her ordeal so she can be reunited with her daughter," Kratt said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blank DVD costs martial arts instructor his job

This seems a bit harsh to be honest. This guy ran a seminar at his day job and got positive reviews from the participants. But it appears management was on the lookout for an excuse to get rid of him.

Looks like a totally OK self-defense-oriented New Zealand school:
    http://www.imbcacademy.co.nz/contact.php
    Last edited by rett; 08-13-2011 at 04:53 AM.