Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the mystic art of aikido?

Blog Entries
    Once when i was conversing with James Lew-whose been in many of his movies-told me that in the movies seagal doesn't play. when you see him clothesline some guy, he's really clothedline that guy.

said seagal doesn't hold back in the movies.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Anyone here know who seagal's teacher is and/or heard about his rep?
    I believe he had a few teachers. You could be referring to Koichi Tohei, who founded the Ki Society and would be 87 now. My understanding is that he is *extremely* highly thought of in aikido circles.

Although one of the kids already said it, I feel that I have to as well:

Unless he can do it in the cage on PPV or against a top-notch olympic caliber wrestler, fifth-dan BJJ BB, or Skeletor, it doesn't prove a thing!
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    to do what? get disqualified for breaking someones arm. cage matches don't show real skill. no won't say that i should say they onlyshow steroid freak skills.
    you do it then, mr skillful
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I dont know anything really about Steven Seagal. Nor do I care to know much, because frankly, I dont give a ****.

But:

I highly doubt Steven Seagal has been training his life to enter a MMA match.

Just like football, baseball, long distance running, etc.

you have to train for the specific event in which you intend to compete.

its a sport, with requirements, that if you dont train around the specifics involved, you will not do well.

that is simply the case. you could take a really great fighter, who has never trained a system, but has fought more times in REAL fights than you ever will, throw him in UFC and watch him get worked.

Why?

he didnt train for the sport, same reason he would lose long distance running, pole vaulting, or water polo.

simply didnt train for that specific sport.

granted, a Martial Artist would be expected to at least hold their own, to an extent. But we also know that your training will determine how well you do in a controlled invironment.

I have seen some beasts in real life that would probably make most guys **** their pants, just due to their sheer size, aggresiveness, brutal temper and reputation for actually hurting people.

But they would still lose in UFC.

its just a matter of circumstances, though most people over look this simply FACT
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.