Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we live where we do?

Why do we live where we do?

When we could like move to the Caymen's or some other such location and live in paradise year round?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    When we could like move to the Caymen's or some other such location and live in paradise year round?
    Because while 3rd world countries are nice to visit there is not alot of economic opportunity.

FD
    Fire Dragons's Current Ignore List :
    hskwarrior*chasincharpchui*k-no*buck sing gwoon yenhoi*fatherdog*water dragon*infrazreal*charn fu gerk*havick01*banditshaw*ironweasel*merryprankster * lkmdfc*sunfist*pork chop*mr punch*greencloudclf

There seems to be civilization in the Caymens. Who need lots of money, when you are in paradise anyway?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    family and jobs seem to be the biggest things i can think of.

Because I am a Catholic, gun toting, NRA member, moderate Republican. Nowhere better to live than TEXAS!!!
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Ahh, ok, so that explains you then.

What about everyone else?

Take me for instance. My daughter is 17 now. In a few years she will be off making her own path...why should I stay in Chicago and freeze all winter, when I can just move to the Caribbean and be in a warm, tropical paradise?

There are just about no taxes for an American living there, or owning a business there, the women are just about naked year round, there is TONES of some of the best hiking, and eco experiences in the world.

All I would have to do is build my trading account up enough to live off of it, and there would be no reason not to move there, and just about every reason for it.

I mean, with my track record with women these last few years, it's doubtful I'd meet someone worthy of staying for anyway.

If I go, I can have a yearly Kung Fu conference for everyone on the board. If I move to a smaller island...I could do my own Han's Island tournament every 3 years!!
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 09-22-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Take me for instance. My daughter is 17 now. In a few years she will be off making her own path...why should I stay in Chicago and freeze all winter, when I can just move to the Caribbean and be in a warm, tropical paradise?

There are just about no taxes for an American living there, or owning a business there, the women are just about naked year round, there is TONES of some of the best hiking, and eco experiences in the world.

All I would have to do is build my trading account up enough to live off of it, and there would be no reason not to move there, and just about every reason for it.

I mean, with my track record with women these last few years, it's doubtful I'd meet someone worthy of staying for anyway.

If I go, I can have a yearly Kung Fu conference for everyone on the board. If I move to a smaller island...I could do my own Han's Island tournament every 3 years!!
    What's stopping you?

FD
    Fire Dragons's Current Ignore List :
    hskwarrior*chasincharpchui*k-no*buck sing gwoon yenhoi*fatherdog*water dragon*infrazreal*charn fu gerk*havick01*banditshaw*ironweasel*merryprankster * lkmdfc*sunfist*pork chop*mr punch*greencloudclf

I would say most people stay where they are because of the social community they are a part of. Also, most people really do want the nice things associated with wealth and so figure where better to do it than where they are.
    Also, many people have very large debt-loads that will haunt them for some time to come and cannot make such a leap.

That said, anyone can follow their dreams and succedd if they have the inclination and the will.
    A unique snowflake

why do we live where we do?

What's stopping you?

Reply]
    Well, as soon as I am finished raising my daughter...nothing.

Talking

errrrr.... you do realize that the majority of the women (60-70%) look better or sexier with some kind of clothing on, right?

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

when I can just move to the Caribbean and be in a warm, tropical paradise?

Have you checked this out? Some countries have restrictions on foreigners working or owning businesses.

I had an opportunity come up in St. Maarten but they have some strange work laws there that might have prevented my ability to take the job.

What's stopping you?

Reply]
    Well, as soon as I am finished raising my daughter...nothing.
    So, you believe there's an end to raising children? Interesting concept. My 30 yo MARRIED daughter is moving back next month. And she's the independent one.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

To each his own.

I live where I do because I'm a native. This place is always in my heart. I lived in Hawaii for eight years because of the wealth of asian martial arts there. Lots of good people, but I never got used to the humidity. Central Alaska is my paradise.

My body temp is always higher than average and I prefer around 55 degree weather for when I'm my most comfortable. You should see my electricity usage for keeping cool. With pants and a long sleeve shirt, 55 in the external environment is enough to offset the excess heat I put off all the time. Plus, I like fall weather and snow, just not moving it with the snow blower.

With island places, people think that is what they need to revitalize a sinking relationship or whatever, but what's at the island is what they take with them, which screws everyone else over and ruins their time. But, living there full time can be fun, since it isn't an attempt at temporary escape.

errrrr.... you do realize that the majority of the women (60-70%) look better or sexier with some kind of clothing on, right?

Reply]
    I am not interested in the 60-70%, only the 30-40% that look best naked!