Thread: Do the Shaolin Monks still tour?

Hybrid View

Do the Shaolin Monks still tour?

Does anyone know if the Shaolin Monk performance team still does tours in the US? If not, how about the Beijing Wushu team? If the monks still tour, how does one find information about their performances or go about booking a show?

Thanks in advance,

The B.

On that 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' show they went to see them perform. So I would guess they still do. I'm not into CMA at all, but they did some cool things.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

well i am going to one in november at the university of amherst in massachusetts. are they monks? i dont know, i', just gonna go watch them perform their usual stuff and probably be bored with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

While I was in Henan this summer, I ate out a few times with their lead coach, he is a friend of a friend. He is a fantastic sanshou fighter, and he seems to expect all those under him to be the same, so regardless of what one thinks of their forms, I'd think twice before messing with his guys.

Actually, I never once met a martial artist under fifty there who didn't do sanshou.

Shaolin monks still tour....

...both officially and unofficially. See our Shaolin Shows near SF thread for more details. As for the BWT, they tour too when they can find sponsors. I think the last time they were in our area was the Flint Center show in Cupertino, November 2005. See Beijing Wushu Team 2005 Photo by Kevin Ho in our 2006 March/April issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

sopposely some tour group is coming to houston end of october too so yeah i guess they do...
    Teo Chew Association: Unicorn Dragon and Lion Dance Team
    潮州會館 麒麟龍獅團
    http://www.facebook.com/TctLionDance

United States Dragon & Lion Dance Federation
    usdldf.org

No Limit Arts & Gifts
    http://www.facebook.com/NoLagX