Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Shuai jiao Sparring Video

Better Shuai jiao Sparring Video

The last video I put up here I was getting throw around by my teacher like a little baby. I felt like I had to redeem myself, so I got some better fotage. This is me against big teen. I don't know his real name so I call him big teen because he's a big teen. 100 kg.

Also I mentioned on the Bagua fight video post that I had been using Bagua circle walking in my Shuai Jiao. At 400 and 426 minutes there are two Bagua circle waking throws in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3feWc79RwsE
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-14-2007 at 09:29 PM.

no video
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    no video
    yeah, wtf?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Nice Judo

Yea these chinese guys are tricking me. Teaching me Judo and telling me it's Shuai Jiao.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Yea these chinese guys are tricking me. Teaching me Judo and telling me it's Shuai Jiao.

Sneaky *******s.

yea and my Bagua's probably TKD.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post

Also I mentioned on the Bagua fight video post that I had been using Bagua circle walking in my Shuai Jiao. At 400 and 426 minutes there are two Bagua circle waking throws in this video.
    Compare what you were doing with the forms done in Bagua circle walking. Notice how many times they cross their legs (many) compared to how many times you and your opponent crossed your legs (zero).

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Compare what you were doing with the forms done in Bagua circle walking. Notice how many times they cross their legs (many) compared to how many times you and your opponent crossed your legs (zero).
    knifefighter, aren't you a dogbrothers guy? don't they cross thier legs when circling prior to engaging? pretty sure I've seen that on some of thier videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-iGAJhZ6c

right there at 00:24. first leg crossing step. i'm pretty sure some of those guys practice forms too. there's on featured on thier kalitudo videos.
    Last edited by specialed; 08-15-2007 at 01:31 PM.
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Specialed you do have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    knifefighter, aren't you a dogbrothers guy? don't they cross thier legs when circling prior to engaging? pretty sure I've seen that on some of thier videos?
    Yep, and the key difference is the fact that they have a weapon. Crossing your feet is no problem (and is used to set up angles) when you have the distance that the weapon creates... much different when unarmed.

FMA practitioners have some of their own types of antiquated training, but forms is definitely not one of them.

Yep, and the key difference is the fact that they have a weapon. Crossing your feet is no problem (and is used to set up angles) when you have the distance that the weapon creates... much different when unarmed.

FMA practitioners have some of their own types of antiquated training, but forms is definitely not one of them.
    b.s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd0ydU9sV0M

and i checked. dogbrothers kalitudo features a guy doing a silat form. it's pretty nice too. also, if it's ok for fma to cross feet with weapons to set up angles, why not anyone else for thier purposes?
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Specialed you do have a point there.

Chris no need to redeem yourself...all of your videos have been super cool and your doing a lot to spread the word of judo...i mean shuai chiao Seriously though, thanks for posting your videos and speading the word. Keep them coming!

Good Stuff! I still think you bend over too much though. **

** I used to do the same thing**
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

It was an interesting video. I'm sure you've posted this many times, but how long have you been training?