Thread: Thor?

Hybrid View

Sounds interesting. As stated above, I hope there won't be too much artistic license applied.

This just in . . .

The rumors are flying about struggles between director Matthew Vaughn and Marvel about who should wield Mjolnir, with Marvel's alleged lead candidate Paul Levesque (popularly known as wrestler Triple H) being no good for Vaughn.

Then IESB claims that Vaughn's favorite for the part is "Rome" actor Kevin McKidd is the right guy for the pointy helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    The rumors are flying about struggles between director Matthew Vaughn and Marvel about who should wield Mjolnir, with Marvel's alleged lead candidate Paul Levesque (popularly known as wrestler Triple H) being no good for Vaughn.

Then IESB claims that Vaughn's favorite for the part is "Rome" actor Kevin McKidd is the right guy for the pointy helmet.
    That wouldn't be too bad. He at least is a good actor.
    However I hope they pay attention to the characters enough to not let them come across looking too hokey.
    I still shudder when I think of the Cap movie.

Does anyone remember the Shield/Nick Fury Tv pilot with David Hasslehoff?(priceless)

Also the Man Thing movie was so bad it became comedy just to see a man in a rubber suit.

Man, I would hope they wouldn't use Paul Levesque; he would either speak in a typical American accent or come off as more of a joke trying to do a Scandinavian accent.

I might get plastered for this, but at least appearance-wise, a young Dolph Lundgren would have been a better fit, though I can't say one way or another on his acting. I'm sure he could have suppressed his acquired American accent for the role.

But I think a European would be better for the part anyway. (and for Odin, Loki, etc.).

anyone watch that movie Pathfinder?

I liked the somewhat dark, melodic feel they gave the vikings.

Thor needs a tad smidgen of that dark, viking, deathseeking, vallhalla nut riding, die by the sword living berserker mind set.

if its all bright and marvely ill probably be upset.

it needs to have on evil SOB to play loki, and thor needs to be as hardcore as Hercules mixed with Conan and with a twist of batman.

I wonder what kind of story line they will go with. Hopefully they won't mess it up like they did Fantastic Four.

If they wanted to do CGI stuff they could do the Ragnarok kinda story line, with Syrtr (sp?), the midguard serpeant, frost giants, the Fenris wolf and the like. Or maybe even the death of Balder, and get some hottie to play the Enchantress.

How about the Thor storyline where he gets turned into a frog and roams Central Park?
    Or a Beta Ray Bill appearance?