Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEVER BACK DOWN Karate Kid for the MMA crowd

Hybrid View

dude...look online. I got a side job writing movie trivia for a social trivia website - that's why I watch so many movies. I get about $600 a month, which isn't bad considering I have two other jobs...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Being unemployed I put in applications (by the way if someone has or knows of a job for a down on his Luck Kung-Fu person 9 30 a.m. to 4 30 p.m. weekdays...)

Spoiler

I went to a movie theater for a job because I had seen they were looking for help. At least they placed an ad. I had noticed a title that I associated with martial arts and recent. I had an application in and it was nearly movie time...watch it...watch it with these in mind, it was Five dollar Tuesday, I could still eat and travel if I spent the money, I had done at east some job hunting that day, and it's a martial arts related film, I might not get-ish this opportunity again.

I Saw a super beautiful conceptual ad for a Double star headed film- both high elevation in their field(if I use the names then it might be said I liked the first one more...therefore No_Knames). Classic conceptual Kung-Fu stuffs--ability and relationships--teacher-teacher, teacher-student).

I went in with glimpses of bare-top guys and thinkig fight tournament, mixed martial arts extreme, capoiera, gritty fight for your life something. The move started and there was no floral jungle...Where's the foliage of the jungle? Then there's more dressed people and cars. Woah!! I got this wrong and the martial arts film might have a similar name, But I missed it this time.

I settled in for a high school story. Then bAMmmm and bAMmmmm O.K. and typical nerd beat sort-of -thing. Well fruit-me TWIST. O.K. Got it only to find I didn't get it so much.

New guy who Loves his dead father and grieves constantly and can Whail--skilled at, What-did-you-say-to-me?-Take -it-back-or-I'll-make-you...and then makes you, covers in class for pretty gum-chewer-type gal--not wanting to break the unity of We're students-Hunh?--Did-you-say-something?-We-are-Stupid she paused and rolled eyes sortoof-thing. Seeming to be hoping to moove enough in silence that the teacher would pass her over (Silence like the Angle of Death stalking Pharoes Land that first plague sequence around Moses). Then up from the depths arises a champion. And I realizes he doesn't fight but is a student of strategy and war or aggression. Giving an insightful response to the teachers question about the peaceful symbolism of the "Illiad" thugh tauted for perhaps its praise of War.

Super-Cool And peeks my interest to search for the detail when I read older stories. But more for this movie (and not a thought until writing--hen-pecking this) the insight of the overt versus the actual--people see warriors they sum-it-up as War-thing. Then by association fighting and remove themselves further because they by association supposedly get-it, and assign supposedly popular judgement values of that's crass, how stupid it's just more violence, get a clue, get-over-yourself, there-should-bemore to life...politically correct (Attempts (wipe your nose-it's got some brown flecks and smears that don't need to be there).

Answering with a well thought-out response that addresses the question can put you in shunsville with classmates. But taking the heat off the pretty gal get you digits or an invite to a party...Not...not unless you can see by her heavily used book that she likely only plays stupid but is actually smart (And let us consider taht a person realizing that being stupid in a group of stupid is like Arnold S. in his roll in Predetor covering-up with mud to be not seen, also, the character Rambo (Sylvester S-actor). Someone seeing that you have value when you try to hide the fact is worth investing in. He gets an invite with the flirt to come because she would like to see him again.

His clothes are off and he answers questions teachers ask. Two Big marks against the new guy. Attracted by her smarts he goes to the party. And here is where I get an education and Get-it.

This talkie is good for pointing out social relations of the High school culture.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Best fight: Sean Faris vs Cam Gigandet - Never Back Down

I still haven't seen this. Waiting on the DVD.

MTV - TRANSFORMERS WINS BIG AT MTV MOVIE AWARDS

Transformers has taken the top prize at the 2008 MTV movie awards, after being named best movie of the year.

The Michael Bay actioner beat stiff competition from I Am Legend, Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End, Juno, Superbad and National Treasure: Book of Secrets to claim the trophy, which comes in the shape of a golden tub of popcorn.

The movie's leading lady Megan Fox, recently named sexiest woman in the world by the readers of FHM magazine, accepted the award on behalf of the film, the sequel to which begins shooting this year.

Teen comedy Superbad had been the favourite to sweep the board, having accrued five nominations, including for best movie.

The film's leading men, Michael Cera and Jonah Hill, were up for the best male performance gong as well as being nominated in the best newcomer category alongside their co-star Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

However, Will Smith claimed the male award for his performance as the last man, Robert Neville, in I Am Legend while High School Musical star claimed the breakthrough prize for his role as Link Larkin in Hairspray.

Briana Evigan and Robert Hoffman won the best kiss award for their clinch in Step Up 2 The Streets while the best fight gong was claimed by Never Back Down stars Sean Faris and Cam Gigandet for their mixed martial arts clash.

Johnny Depp was a surprise winner in the best comedic performance category and also took the best villain prize for his turn as the demon barber of Fleet Street in Sweeney Todd.

The winners of the MTV Movie awards are:
    Best movie
    Transformers

Best male performance
    Will Smith - I Am Legend

Best female performance
    Ellen Page - Juno

Best comedic performance
    Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End

Best villain
    Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd

Best breakthrough performance
    Zac Efron - Hairspray

Best kiss
    Briana Evigan and Robert Hoffman - Step Up 2 The Streets

Best fight
    Sean Faris vs Cam Gigandet - Never Back Down

Best summer movie so far
    Iron Man

Generation award
    Adam Sandler
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

don't waste your netflix que for the dvd gene. just download it, its a piece of crap i mean djimon honsou was a definite highlight of the film acting wise. that guy is flawless, but the rest was so text book karate kid it was just boring.

Queue

I don't understand how it could have one BEST FIGHT SCENE...but hey, it's MTV we're talking about.

Gene, I'm sure Dougie's advice is well-founded. My suggestion is that maybe you may want to hold off on purchasing it (I doubt you even considered that venue0 but I think you can spare one spot on your queue for this movie. You've already heard so much stuff about it (mostly negative things) but you should really watch it for yourself.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

The REAL effectiveness of Capoeria

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/12..._Totally_Owned

. Baba nah wayyyy baba na wayyyy baba na wayyy capuuweraa!!!

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Dude, that clip's from "Never Back Down". You've been hoaxed.

oops!!

SO it is. sheesh. But you know that must have been filmed by one of the extras using a hand held and it seemed like real fight footage, and since i dont watch those jock rock stupid films, i ASSumed it was real. Oh well.

I vote for a thread delete? Mods??

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I cant believe someone actually watched Never Back Down. That's what's so amazing to me!
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng

not only did I watch it...

I own it.

Yeah baby- right next to my bootleg of "Cool as Ice".

Seriously

I own it.

It had sweeeet choreography... and boobies.