Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Ireland Workshop

"And stop trying to rewrite history. I told Victor on this forum that I didn't want to go to Cleveland simply to 'touch hands' with a bunch of WCK people. He didn't want to bring in good nonWCK fighters to the event and make sparring mandatory but wanted a wing chun friendship thingy -- that's cool, but it doesn't interest me." (Terence)

***TOTALLY MISLEADING LAWYER SPIN. It was made crystal clear long in advance that this wasn't going to be a nice little "let's do some drills and friendly chi sao get together" in Cleveland...and that I was coming to spar and would encourage other people to do the same - but that no one would be forced or embarrassed into sparring if they didn't want to. TERENCE KNEW ALL OF THIS - and said he was coming MANY TIMES on the threads leading up to the event...and then was inexplicably a no-show. And furthermore, there was never any "disputes" on any of the threads about bringing in nonWCK fighters to the event. It was mentioned once or twice, rejected in favor of a wing chun only sparring get together - and no one (including Terence) ever made a big thing about it.

HOWEVER, TONY... this whole thing about this Milton guy is a joke. He's clearly a fraud and a nutcase. His claims are completely indefensible - and his name should be dropped from the HFY vocabulary as quickly as "you guys" can do it. It only adds to HFY's already long list of questionable and unverifiable claims.

Why dig the hole any deeper?

Just get out there and make your system work - and perhaps someday one of your guys might go on to some sort of legit MMA venue and do well.

As Anerlich put it so well earlier in this thread:

"I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

You'll forgive me, I hope if I don't regard the head of a WC substyle's visit to Ireland as not quite deserving the same breathless prose. Your mileage obviously varies, but the hyperbole does grate a little.

Anyway, well done. Hope things continue to grow in your little patch."
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 09-10-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Originally posted by t_niehoff
    -- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).
    Nick,
    There is a difference between the information in my post as opposed to the hypocritical claims made by Terence yet you seem to be focused on the wrong one. Terence is not persuing an exchange between himself and Chen Xiao Wong has no idea of CXW's fighting history nor does he seem anxious to post his condescending post on a tia chi forum. Vilifying someone that is actually trying to fight seems to be misplaced cyncism considering you have no first hand experience with Milton.
    Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    HOWEVER, TONY... this whole thing about this Milton guy is a joke. He's clearly a fraud and a nutcase. His claims are completely indefensible - and his name should be dropped from the HFY vocabulary as quickly as "you guys" can do it. It only adds to HFY's already long list of questionable and unverifiable claims.
    Victor,
    You are entitled to your opinion just don't be surprised or offended when someone else doesn't share the same opinion. Doubt that it's a big stretch that you disagreed with more than one of the comments on the Keith Mazza youtube posting but you probably know Keith better than most of those posting.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum