Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Ireland Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Savi View Post
    A game… yeah sure. That explains a whole lot to me about you. Fighting isn’t a “fuhk”ing game, and you have no idea how long I am you presumptuous pompous @ss. Seriously, time don't mean a freakin' thing when it comes to comparing people's awareness of things. The only thing you are able to recognize is the one thing you’ve decidedly accepted from the kung fu world, and that is Technique level comprehension – nothing more. My fantasy world? The kung fu world does not belong to me. I am a part of it, and it’s a world you’ve so far FAILED – miserably - to understand. You’re the outsider, and you’ve never known how to handle being an outsider aside from criticizing people you think your self-worth is greater than. Very shallow, T.
    Fighting is a "game" -- go talk with pro fighters, that's what they call it. But, of course, you know more than they do.

"The deadly kung fu world"? ROFLOL! You really are into Dungeons & Dragons aren't you? I'm sure you are part of it. Clearly from your POV you are part of it. When you say things like "technique level comprehension" it shows your POV -- that it is all intellectual. This "levels of comprehension" stuff is more nonsense that theoretical nonfighters, and fantasy kung fu killers, talk about, as though it existed. It doesn't. Knowledge and understanding beyond a superficial level in any fighting method comes from fighting skill and fighting experience.

You clearly have NO CLUE the kind of people I’ve taught and trained with. “Fought teaching how to fight”??? WTF does that mean? You think that I’m just a “women’s only instructor”? That’s fine. That shows me that you only have the potential see what I allow you see. Judging by your last post, you have no clue about me, what I teach, how I teach, who I teach, who I’ve taught, how many people I’ve taught, what kind of people I’ve taught, and maybe I’ll just leave it that way. All in all, it’s really none of your (yes, I mean YOU) d@mn business – but I am enjoying seeing you make that hole your sitting in deeper and deeper with your lousy come-backs.
    Your views reveal that you don't fight and have never fought with anyone particularly skilled. If you had, you wouldn't be spewing such nonsense, you'd know better. But clearly you don't know better, and that comes from a lack of genuine quality experience and living in a fantasy world. The two go together btw -- genuine experience tends to deflate the fantasy.

Like I need a lesson from you, Captain Obvious.
    Most things are fairly obvious *given the right experience*.

Well, at least you know a little math… Zero = Zero. Wow. I’m impressed Teri. Yet truth be told, I’ve never seen anyone’s grandmother spar – apart from scolding someone. A GRANDMASTER, on the other hand – that’s a category you just don’t understand, and probably never will – who the hell are you to speak on their skill and experience??? Now, I’m not saying all grandmasters are the same – you are the one saying that with your ridiculous blanket statement.
    So now you call me "Teri" --is this the limit of your debating skills? Is this what you do when you can't use either evidence or reason to support your position? What a class act you are. Good to see your Ch'an training paying off.

Are you suggesting that some TCMA grandmothers do spar with quality opponents? OK, who? Can't name one? Hmmm. So despite any evidence that they do, you believe some do? Hmmm.

Who am I to speak of their skill and experience? Who the hell are they? Who put them up on a pedestal so that their qualifications, skills, experience, etc. can't be questioned? Who do I need to be? You've got people with little to no true martial skill going around taking money, calling themselves authorities, giving themselves titles, promoting nonsense, and then we have people like you saying "who are you to question them"!! That they give themselves titles doesn't give them immunity.

ROFLMAO! There you go, still on the bandwagon. No doubt there are groups that are only interested in commercialization and marketing and money. BUT your lips are so big they get in the way of you even noticing that there are other groups of martial artists that aren’t remotely interested in those things. You see the kung fu world just from one point of view and I have to agree that what you see ain’t pretty! Unfortunately for you, you’re too lazy to do any real hard leg work to see anything else. What, T? Do you think that TCMA’s started in the 70’s? D@mn, your perspective above is so deluded it’s actually disgusting.
    Oh, the TCMAs didn't start in the 70s -- they go way back. Delusion, greed, fakery, nonsense, etc. didn't start in the 70s after all.

There is no "kung fu world" except in your fantasy. People may like westerns, but the real west was nothing like books, the movies, the legends, etc. There was no "code of the West". Gunfights had more to do with shooting someone in the back than the quickdraw, etc. It's the same with the Gong Wu. It's been distorted and romatacized. And it ended, just like the Old West ended. Let it go.

When you’re done blowing yourself - up, let me know when you have something of substance to share, cuz I’m interested in your opinion .
    A dazzling display of rhetoric.

OOOh… snappy comeback, genius. Like I said before, stop pretending you know a single thing about me. You’re F’ing clueless, TERENCE. You are trying to point the finger back at me, but you don't even know who it is you are pointing at. I'm the one in an illusion? Take a clean look at yourself if that's even possible.
    The only things I know about you are what you yourself say. You views pretty much reveal your lack of experience. It's like someone saying things like "all you need to do on the ground is poke the eyes and bite". As soon as any grappler hears that, they'll *know* that the speaker has no ground experience. Because anyone with ground experience will know better. Now, that might sound plausible to other nonfighters, but anyone with genuine quality experience will know. Just as anyone with quality fighting experience will know by your POV that you lack experience.
    Last edited by t_niehoff; 09-07-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Terence,
    You deliberately and shamefully denounce the seniors of the kung fu community by calling the grandmasters of the community “grandmothers” who “lack any real fighting skill and experience.” You are degrading and insulting; attacking the entire kung fu community by calling TCMA’s “crap” and the whole Kung Fu World – aka community a “dungeons & dragons – fantasy world”. You are an instigator and a coward, and I base this on your inflammatory and spiteful insults against the community. You’re a nobody and deserve no respect.

Now here you are, trying to trap me in this discussion by making false and BASELESS judgments about my experience. This; however, is the same old joke you’ve been parading around like a cheerleader with a broken record against the kung fu community’s grandmasters. Your tactics against me are far from new or original, and just as before lack any real degree of validity. You also tried to divert attention off of you by turning a part of our discussion about my teaching background into a challenge against my fighting experience as if that were the original emphasis. Do you want to talk about apples, or oranges?

Like I said Terence, in the kung fu community you’re just a cheerleader trying to get attention from real men. Do something better with your life, like minding your own business instead of acting like an expert on everyone else’s lives. You don’t know jack and you're certainly full of sh!t.

Do you think you’re someone special here? Do you think this is the way to earn your big break in the world, by p!ssing on everyone else? Do you think this is how people will respect or consider your views? If so, you don’t have a clue, man. If that's not why you're here, then I'd say there's other forums for people like you. Real skill on any stage (physical, verbal, psychological...) requires humility; not self-indulgence, as one of the ingredients.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Why dont you guys just cut the cr@p and organise a fight on ice.

Of course if Milton wants to be there youll have to find thick enough ice to support his gut. LOL

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Terence,
    You deliberately and shamefully denounce the seniors of the kung fu community by calling the grandmasters of the community “grandmothers” who “lack any real fighting skill and experience.” You are degrading and insulting; attacking the entire kung fu community by calling TCMA’s “crap” and the whole Kung Fu World – aka community a “dungeons & dragons – fantasy world”. You are an instigator and a coward, and I base this on your inflammatory and spiteful insults against the community. You’re a nobody and deserve no respect.
    Who give's a rat's ass about who is "senior" (all that means is they've spent more time than me wasting their time) or about somone who gives themselves titles? If you say these people have fighting skills, then tell me who've they fought? Simple enough question. They've fought no one. And certainly no one really good. And, since you only develop fightig skills by fighting, how can they have had any real skill?

This is an easy enough thing to iron out -- let's just see the masters and grandmasters fight. See what they can really do when hard-pressed. We both know that will never happen. Then the myth will be exposed.

This whole mentality of hero worship and deference to authority is part and parcel of the traditional mindset. And what makes it so silly, is that the heroes and the authorities have no proven skills!

Now here you are, trying to trap me in this discussion by making false and BASELESS judgments about my experience. This; however, is the same old joke you’ve been parading around like a cheerleader with a broken record against the kung fu community’s grandmasters. Your tactics against me are far from new or original, and just as before lack any real degree of validity. You also tried to divert attention off of you by turning a part of our discussion about my teaching background into a challenge against my fighting experience as if that were the original emphasis. Do you want to talk about apples, or oranges?
    Or maybe next time I am discussing Tony's silly-ass claims with Tony you'll stay out of it? But if you want to defend his claims, try using evidence and reason. You can't hide your lack of experience -- anyone with experience will pick up on it the minute you open your mouth. The only people who will buy into your views are people equally inexperienced.

Like I said Terence, in the kung fu community you’re just a cheerleader trying to get attention from real men. Do something better with your life, like minding your own business instead of acting like an expert on everyone else’s lives. You don’t know jack and you're certainly full of sh!t.
    Here you go with the "cheerleading" and talk of being "real men" -- from someone with no real fighting skill. OK -- that just stings me to the core.

Do you think you’re someone special here? Do you think this is the way to earn your big break in the world, by p!ssing on everyone else? Do you think this is how people will respect or consider your views? If so, you don’t have a clue, man. If that's not why you're here, then I'd say there's other forums for people like you. Real skill on any stage (physical, verbal, psychological...) requires humility; not self-indulgence, as one of the ingredients.
    Dude, I don't think of myself as anyone special -- that's why I don't give myself a title like the grandmothers do or take money to teach something that I can't really do like you. You see, people who live in a fantasy world, the kung fu world, are the ones who believe they are special. And in a sense they are, I guess -- in a small yellow schoolbus kind of way.

First all of, good news and congratulations to all you who went to any of those seminars... I love hearing about occasions when top people get to go to places they've never been before and share what they know with people of other countries! Unfortunately we don't get much of that over here...

Quote Originally Posted by canglong View Post
    Hello Tom,
    Sorry I don't have any definitive answer for you but I really don't know.Those types are of little concern to me but again my advice would be try the local San Jose buzz and see what you get.
    Milton is all about standing his ground face to face. Man to Man. Like Tony said, if you’re that terrified and overreacting about an announcement, just give his local gym a call to ease your shakey nerves. Pay him a visit, big man. He’s never lost a match and never backed down from a challenge. More silly and unfounded claims? Get a d@mn life, T. You’re just a nobody who likes to jump on bandwagon after bandwagon. That’s all you’ve ever done. I heard Milton with my own ears, and yes he will be fighting in the UFC.
    This is presumably the San Jose buzz...? So, Mr Buzz, could you tell us a bit more about the bolded bit please? What matches? What's his record (you say it's X-0-0? Or has he ever drawn a match? That would be X-0-X - I'm intrigued )? Who were his opponents? Where? You obviously know... how many have you seen? It can't be that big of a secret if Dana White's got enough wind of him to put him in a UFC...!

Upon our return we were greeted with the news that long time hfy practitioner Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight. Milton has been training very hard for this ...
    That's funny - I didn't think you needed so much training to wipe down a ring...! J/k

It is funny how here and at Bullshido some of the HFY people have gone out of their way to disown Wallace though, and now he may be getting a big fight he's 'long time HFY practitioner'! Anyway, I wish him the best of luck. I think he's going to need it.

This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.
    That does also sound odd... why wouldn't he move to a city known for high-level competition fighting? Or if he's really interested in 'real fighting' maybe Mosul, Basra or Bagdad would make a better kwoon location.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    It is funny how here and at Bullshido some of the HFY people have gone out of their way to disown Wallace though, and now he may be getting a big fight he's 'long time HFY practitioner'!
    I had thought the same exact thing... i was specifically told on this forum that he wasnt an example of a HFY practitioner when i enquired about a youtube vid he featured in.

Anyway - UFC is Broadcast all over the world, so if these claims are true, ill even be able to see him in action here in New Zealand.

I also think in victory or defeat he should look sharp and dangerous, im mean for a man with 500 street fights LOL

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Originally posted by t_niehoff
    What did that have to do with the Ireland seminar? Nothing. You put those things in because you believed they sounded impressive. Well, it backfired. They didn't sound impressive, they sounded silly and were clearly nonsense. And when people make silly and nonsensical claims, they're asking to get called on them.
    Just as I stated it is merely information received after the trip. Terence, without the ability to read minds you have no idea why others do what they do and no matter how much belief you place in your own opinion it still remains just that opinion not fact. Backfired? lmao I think you might actually believe that statement and if so you really are placing to much focus on yourself and your opinions.
    That's hardly a gradiose claim -- that I could beat someone who has never fought or trained to fight a day in their life! Hey, I could beat loads of grandmothers too. (In the TCMAs, grandmaster=grandmother, for the most part).
    It's not only grandiose but it's also hypocritical because it proves you were never taken out of context just a long winded lawyer with too much time on his hands that could care less about proving his own claims.
    Dude, your making the claims, I'm just pointing out that they are silly and nonsensical claims. Rant and rage all you like -- all that tells me is that you have nothing to back up your claims, so all you can do is rant and rage about what a pr1ck I am. OK. But whatever I am has nothing to do with how silly and nonsensical your claims are.
    Terence,
    Your personal attacks and fervent desire to one up everyone has blurred your ability to reason. There are no claims in my post! My post contains information shared with the public as I understand it. No need to be so paranoid reading things into my post that just aren't there.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

You guys rise to the bait too easily. Sorry, I said "you guys", but basically it IS applicable here.

No one takes Terence's public self negation and self loathing which he projects out onto this forum with any seriousness any more. Arguing with him is a waste of time. Cut off his oxygen, put him on the ignore list like several of us have and move on.

It's one thing to be "training for the UFC" and another to be invited. Generally you have to do well in a succession of smaller shows to get invited. Some of the early enlisters to the forum may remember that Rick Spain and Joe Sayah were rejected by the UFC bureaucracy in the mid 90's, as well as the abortive efforts to set up matches between Emin Boztepe and the Gracies. Basically, until Milton appears on the card, nothing's happening.

I trained with two UFC veterans last year, and switched schools this year to train with the guys that first taught them BJJ back in the 90's - for logistical rather than quality reasons, FWIW. It's not hard to find people who have fought in the UFC.

I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

You'll forgive me, I hope if I don't regard the head of a WC substyle's visit to Ireland as not quite deserving the same breathless prose. Your mileage obviously varies, but the hyperbole does grate a little.

Anyway, well done. Hope things continue to grow in your little patch.

This being the case at the request of some of his older long time students Sifu Gee is currently contemplating moving his classes to a more well known location of the city were organized but less publicised streets fights occur on a more frequent basis.
    Great He'll need good medical and public liability insurance, and a good lawyer on retainer. Maybe .... Terence?
    Last edited by anerlich; 09-08-2007 at 01:01 AM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Great He'll need good medical and public liability insurance, and a good lawyer on retainer. Maybe .... Terence?
    ROFLOL...

No doubt he'd use a brilliant new defense strategy based on the fact that "theoretical fighters" can only inflict "theoretical injuries" which naturally should be settled with "theoretical compensation"..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China.
    I don't think it sounded like that. I thought it was just the usual enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    ROFLOL...

No doubt he'd use a brilliant new defense strategy based on the fact that "theoretical fighters" can only inflict "theoretical injuries" which naturally should be settled with "theoretical compensation"..
    Hhahhahahhahahahhahha! LOL

That is ****ing funny!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Just as I stated it is merely information received after the trip.
    I understand that. However, you should take the time to stop and think about any "information" before you post it. After all, you are posting it for a reason (not just to inform) -- in this case to promote HFY (Milton is training for the UFC, the school is moving nearer to the "underground fights"). So if you post some "information" that turns out to be nonsense, it doesn't help your cause (the promotion of HFY) but does just the opposite.

Terence, without the ability to read minds you have no idea why others do what they do and no matter how much belief you place in your own opinion it still remains just that opinion not fact. Backfired? lmao I think you might actually believe that statement and if so you really are placing to much focus on yourself and your opinions.
    No one needs the ability to "read minds" to figure out why you posted these things. Do you believe anyone bought into them?

It's not only grandiose but it's also hypocritical because it proves you were never taken out of context just a long winded lawyer with too much time on his hands that could care less about proving his own claims.
    It's only grandiose because you believe they hype, the stories, the nonsense that these grandmothers hide behind and use to make money off of the gullible. As I said to Savi, do *you* know of any grandmasters that can be shown (proved) to have fought anyone with good skills? Hmmm? Anyone? I guess that just about proves my claim.

Terence,
    Your personal attacks and fervent desire to one up everyone has blurred your ability to reason. There are no claims in my post! My post contains information shared with the public as I understand it. No need to be so paranoid reading things into my post that just aren't there.
    You decide what "information" to share and how to present it. And you do both so as to promote HFY. Not all information is factual or true. Certainly not the stuff about Milton and the UFC or moving the school to be closer to underground fighting. Those are claims -- you are, by presenting it in the manner you did, holding it out as though it were true.

You guys rise to the bait too easily. Sorry, I said "you guys", but basically it IS applicable here.

No one takes Terence's public self negation and self loathing which he projects out onto this forum with any seriousness any more. Arguing with him is a waste of time. Cut off his oxygen, put him on the ignore list like several of us have and move on.
    Oh, it's not self-negation and self-loathing -- it is rather the negation and loathing of the fraudulant aspects of TCMAs. I understand why many don't like either my POV (as they have bought into the traditional mindset like a pseudo-religion) or my expression of it. And I understand why some people like to use the "ignore list" -- that way they don't have to hear anything they don't want to hear. Yes, God forbid they hear anything that might disturb their "traditional world view." And, of course, if they don't hear it, then they have an excuse for not being able to defend their view with either evidence or reason. A convenient way to preserve face.

It's one thing to be "training for the UFC" and another to be invited. Generally you have to do well in a succession of smaller shows to get invited. Some of the early enlisters to the forum may remember that Rick Spain and Joe Sayah were rejected by the UFC bureaucracy in the mid 90's, as well as the abortive efforts to set up matches between Emin Boztepe and the Gracies. Basically, until Milton appears on the card, nothing's happening.
    No one is "training for the UFC" unless and until they've been invited. Training with the hopes of one day being invited is not "training for the UFC". If that were the case, I'm training for Wimbledon.

I guess you brought up the rejection of Spain and Sayah as some indication that "good" people can be rejected by the UFC. I think the point is that the UFC wants proven good fighters, people that as you point out "have done well in a succession of smaller shows". Spain and Sayah don't fit in that category.

I trained with two UFC veterans last year, and switched schools this year to train with the guys that first taught them BJJ back in the 90's - for logistical rather than quality reasons, FWIW. It's not hard to find people who have fought in the UFC.
    No, they are not difficult to find at all.

I'm glad the seminar went well. You guys (there I go again) do tend to invite some derision when you talk about GG's trip as if it had about the same importance as Bodhidharma going from India to China. At present, the Presidents of America, Russia and China are all in my city, and next week we have Rigan Machado here for a number of seminars.

You'll forgive me, I hope if I don't regard the head of a WC substyle's visit to Ireland as not quite deserving the same breathless prose. Your mileage obviously varies, but the hyperbole does grate a little.
    Hey I thought I was doing well not getting into it with our resident underground WC lawyer chess master debater dude. I just don't have the rhetoric skillz any more or maybe the interest.

I've been to a few of GG's seminars, and one of Rigan's. Although I'm not really good at the breathless prose, I got a lot out of all of the above. Anything hands on like that you can get a better picture of the live energies involved, which is always a good thing.

However, who are these "Presidents of America, Russia, and China"? Do they have a fight record? Seminars? Can they fight better than grandmothers?

Anyway I was glad to hear about the Ireland trip. That sounded like a lot of fun, and some good personal time training. I would have tagged along except for time and cash flow constraints.

anerlich,
    Yes no one could agree with this more than me and I must say putting him on ignore makes sense because answering the same question up to 100 pages because Terence feels offended is getting really old.
    originally posted by t_niehoff
    I understand that. However, you should take the time to stop and think about any "information" before you post it.
    If you mean take your feelings into consideration before posting that's not happening anytime soon.
    No one needs the ability to "read minds" to figure out why you posted these things. Do you believe anyone bought into them?
    No need to read minds as long as you have got your opinion and with that no matter how many times I tell you you're wrong about me you will in your mind continue to be right. You sound bitter because people aren't buying what you are selling. Truth is it has more to do with the messenger than the message.
    You decide what "information" to share and how to present it. And you do both so as to promote HFY. Not all information is factual or true. Certainly not the stuff about Milton and the UFC or moving the school to be closer to underground fighting. Those are claims -- you are, by presenting it in the manner you did, holding it out as though it were true.
    Applying your moderating efforts to an individual or select group is the definition of troll. There is a difference between absolute truth and relative truth you are arguing relative truths showcasing your willingness to delve into the realm of idiotic. You would do well to understand those differences before taking up any position of forum police officer in the future.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Sifu Milton Wallace is scheduled to participate in an upcoming UFC fight
    There are no claims in my post!