Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush Hour 3

I went to see the movie while my car's tires are being changed.

I was a little confused about who is the villain. (spoilers alert!!!)

1. the girl with 13 or 15 names tatooed on the back of her head. If she "volunteered" for the job or not. If she did, then why she would run away and give the info to consul Han?

2. Japanese brother would kill JC no matter what. Or he only had to protect the secrets of 500 years triad. (actually triad history is a lot shorter than that) JC would save him no matter what b/c they grew up together in the orphanage?

3. Su Young is the daughter of an official. no need to teach in a kung fu school in chinatown?

--

????

well if you are into actions/stunts, some humors, it is a fun ride.

I like the ending that the taxi/cab driver turned up and saved the day.

"The case is closed". or not?

Last edited by SPJ; 08-27-2007 at 10:24 PM.

this movie gets 2 thumbs down from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

my bro said it was a train wreck of low/no class humors.

I said I just watched the actions and not paying attention to anything else.

what action? that must have been a pretty short film for u

I am biased. I like JC movies in the 70's. He "fought" from the beginning to the end of the film. not so much saying words or actually developing a story line.

I like the "snake shape and cat hand" and "drunkard boxing".

as far as hollywood made movies.

I like "medallion" and "around the world in 80 days". I like the story. however, they do not do well in the ticket sale/box office.

"Rush hours 1 and 2" made more money.

sometimes, good movies do not sell well. or the ones I like.

Last edited by SPJ; 09-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEXbS...elated&search=

another JC classic I like from the 70's.

Rush Hour 3

I am a big fan of the franchise. Regardless if people didn't think that Chan and Tucker are considered incompatible, they both made me laugh!
    I liked the first one and my personal favorite would probably be part 2. So many things happening in HK and LA...plus the on screen appearances of Ziyi Zhang and Roslyn Sanchez.

Regarding the part 3, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed. Maybe it was because it took place in France? They pulled it off in "Kiss of the Dragon." But more so than that, I felt the last movie lacked the "heart" and commitment that was present in the first two. It seemed like this one was put together rather quickly. Those were my first impressions when I first saw it during it's opening month. I plan to review the movie again...I am a fan of the franchise.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

incompatible

i totally wouldn't say that the two have lots of chemistry. it's just rush hour three sucked. i'm glad they gonna put a bullet in it and do something else. they can be the new bing crosby and bob hope. i always thought about how come they don;t have those comedy duo's anymore.

Enough...

Nothing is really ever 100% when you have a comedy duo like Jackie and Chris.

Like I said before, they were able to make me laugh...and I don't doubt a lot of other people as well. Part three was my least favorite but the overall impression that Chan and Tucker left was that they work well together. They play off of each other's shortcomings and strengths and the lasting effect is that people will always remember that these two made them laugh.

Well, they usually stop at the third installment when it comes to sequels. Comedy duos have their place...anyone a fan of Harold and Kumar?
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura