Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: video: Cung Le vs Tony Fryklund

Where and how can I download this? I'd love to make a study of how he uses his footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoXL View Post
    if you take a close look he did attempt to take cung le down several times it's just that cung le has a very good defense against take downs and force the other guy to stand up
    those attempts at taking him down were LAME i'm sorry but they were so half arsed he might aswell have not done them
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Heee, Hee I upgraded my VDOWNLOADER, and was able to save it to my D drive!!!

you know what i just watched it again; his takedowns weren't weak attempts they were legimitiment however, cung was just too strong... look at cung's other videos.. he's a monster after the 3rd attempt (2nd round) he gets punished heavy for it thus that other guy got scared
    Last edited by ChinoXL; 06-24-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I completely agree, Cung Le has some of the best takedown defense, I don't think (in sanshou or mma) I've ever seen Cung Le taken down. His wrestling background helps that out. Cung Le is such an exciting fighter to watch, I can't wait to see some of his fights as he climbs up the ladder.

Kudos to Cung! Always impressive.

naaah. in my opinion those were half hearted take down attempts.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

It can be difficult to make strong looking takedown attempts against a strong, well balanced puncher who uses well disciplined forward aggression. It's part of the reason MMA is getting more exciting and gaining in popularity, there are more first rate strikers, and they're learning how to make their stuff work. If you control the level, control the range and keep up steady pressure, they've got to find a way to get at you without eating solid punches, which isn't that easy. Obviously the very best grapplers will have ways of doing this, but as part of the evolution of the sport the rest will have to catch up.
    How many times have you seen someone on a forum complaining that they went to a sub-wrestling gym and all they did was groundwork? Clinching and standing wrestling skills are important, and as strikers become more grappling aware, will become more so. ESPECIALLY when Sanshou is gaining in popularity, and churning out a new generation of kickboxers who are not only grappling aware, but versed in clinching and standing wrestling.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Link is broken, sadly.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

They took it down, you can find it on youtube.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

if you want to see some more of his takedown and ground work watch his previous MMA fights as well.

wasnt he heavy into wrestling in highschool or college or something?

PLUS he has been training MMA/BJJ with a focus for quite some time now.

I think its a great strategy to stay on his feet as long as he can and only go ground if he's forced. Why not stay where you excell?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

thank you ben for supporting my point

Cung Le's wrestling credentials:

1992 All American - 4th Place Espior National Greco-Roman Wrestling Gainsville, FL

1992 State Wrestling Champion State Espior Free-Style And Greco Roman Santa Cruz, CA

1990-1991 Team Captain & State Champion All American Wrestling, West Valley College San Jose, CA

1989 National Wrestling Champion Triple Crown AAU Sambo, Greco-Roman Billings, MT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Cung Le's wrestling credentials:

1992 All American - 4th Place Espior National Greco-Roman Wrestling Gainsville, FL

1992 State Wrestling Champion State Espior Free-Style And Greco Roman Santa Cruz, CA

1990-1991 Team Captain & State Champion All American Wrestling, West Valley College San Jose, CA

1989 National Wrestling Champion Triple Crown AAU Sambo, Greco-Roman Billings, MT
    Was finally able to watch the fight. It was pretty entertaining. I always like watching Cung Le fight.

Those are some serious wrestling credentials.

I doubt they were half hearted attempts at a takedown, rather Cung Le knows what hes doing.

I like seeing all my kicks from kungfu thrown in his fights though....textbook.

especially using the sidekick to keep the long range....you just dont see anyone else using that kick very much in MMA.

And further more.....a kick to the body setting up the KO? talk about pimp skills.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!