Thread: So what point do you measure?

So what point do you measure?

I got into a debate with a co-worker on what point to measure the upper arm at. It's s'posed to be the widest part of the bicep, right? Does it change position if you are flexing vs. relaxed? And waht about calves, quads, ect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

neck: across the adam's apple.

chest: across the nipple line.

waist : at the narrowist point of the waist, below the rib cage and just above the hip bone, if there is no narrowing of the waist , measure at the navel.

hips : at the widest part of the buttocks.

thighs : just below the buttocks or 10 inches above the pattella.

calf : at the maximal circumference between the ankle and the knee;.

upper arm: at the maximal circumference of the upper arm, with the arm extended , palm facing out ( anteriorly ).

you are correct.

Sweet! I never get to win debates.

He kept insisting the measurement for the upper arm was s'posed to be right below the sholder. His reasoning was that if you measured around the "main" bicep, the measurement would change between being flexed and being relaxed... Of course it would change. It would change for any muscle you measured. That's not a reason to measure the wrong part, though.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Even right below the shoulder it should change some, you would think...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Just tried it. Yes, it changed, but only by about 1/2". 'Course, I'm not exactly a modle of perfect form and fitness.

Flex Biceps.

Measure at the peak (highest part).

I don't know anyone who does unflexed biceps measurements. However, if you were going to, I hear the method is to flex, put your index finger on the peak (highest part), and then leave your finger there while you straighten your arm out, and measure there.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.