Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you spend too much time on the KFM forum when...

Red face You know you spend too much time on the KFM forum when...

It shows up in your bleedin' dream...

Gene had made a topic trying to sell Wing Lam's Double Gen DVD, and he said that we should all buy it even though it sucked. He also appologised for it being so bad, and the enitre thread became a fight over whether it was a real kung fu set or just Wing Lam trying to make money and use for Sais... There was also arguing about lineage and stuff...

Pretty much the usual at KFM! (Just to note, I have no idea whether or not that video sucked, its just what Gene said in the dream!)

LOL! that's funny... I can honestly say I have never dreamt about KFO. KF, yes, but not FKO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

u know u are spending too much time on kfm

when u practise you're iron finger skills on the keyboard
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    It shows up in your bleedin' dream...

Gene had made a topic trying to sell Wing Lam's Double Gen DVD, and he said that we should all buy it even though it sucked. He also appologised for it being so bad, and the enitre thread became a fight over whether it was a real kung fu set or just Wing Lam trying to make money and use for Sais... There was also arguing about lineage and stuff...

Pretty much the usual at KFM! (Just to note, I have no idea whether or not that video sucked, its just what Gene said in the dream!)
    I'm sorry, what video? Because Wing Lam has never altered his KF sets for money, or to make use of materials. In fact, he's never invented a set as to my knowlege. But if he did, I bet it would kick ass.

http://www.wle.com/products/VHG32D.html <--- That one.

And it was just a dream. I don't think he's ever made stuff up or anything like that, but I have heard people accuse him of that, which is why it showed up in my dream.

You know you spend too much time on KFO when...

When you actually have to back-read a thread to make sure you aren't posting a responce to last year's forms flame thread...

When you know who the Doll Lady is...

You know who Blooming Ego is...

You know why people attribute supernatural powers to flan...
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I'm sorry, what video? Because Wing Lam has never altered his KF sets for money, or to make use of materials. In fact, he's never invented a set as to my knowlege. But if he did, I bet it would kick ass.
    Sifu Lam has done much to spread Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi Chuan and Ha Say Fu. He has been a great example to all of us and I have a lot of respect for him.
    However, he does put "markers" in the sets on his videotapes. It is a common practice. Those who know the forms recognize the markers.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Sifu Lam has done much to spread Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi Chuan and Ha Say Fu. He has been a great example to all of us and I have a lot of respect for him.
    However, he does put "markers" in the sets on his videotapes. It is a common practice. Those who know the forms recognize the markers.
    True, but isolated foibles don't translate into the creation of new sets, which is all I wanted to clarify.

When you know who the Doll Lady is...

Reply]
    When THIS is where you come when you have dating problems

markers

For the record, we didn't put any intentional markers in the WLE videos. We made some mistakes and those became the markers. I can almost always tell the video students because they never get past the videos. They just repeat the mistakes. Some of the younger generation people might have claimed there were markers to save face. But it was more accidental that intentional.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm comfortable appearing in SaintSage's dream as selling something that sucks. I suppose it's better than appearing in SaintSage's dream in a teddy with a whip, but we shouldn't dwell on that too much now or I'll enter all of your dreams.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

You know you are on KFM too much when you have your primary profile, AND an alias, and everyone knows the Alias is you...

BTW, when IS my primary profile going to be fixed? My post count is permanently discombobulated!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    For the record, we didn't put any intentional markers in the WLE videos. We made some mistakes and those became the markers. I can almost always tell the video students because they never get past the videos. They just repeat the mistakes. Some of the younger generation people might have claimed there were markers to save face. But it was more accidental that intentional. [/COLOR].

Bah! Thanks for telling everyone, I thought we were trying to keep that under wraps!
    =O

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    You know you are on KFM too much when you have your primary profile, AND an alias, and everyone knows the Alias is you...

BTW, when IS my primary profile going to be fixed? My post count is permanently discombobulated!!
    S'not that hard, you alias is RD's Alias...

I was going to say you know you've been on LFO too much when you understand Gene's thing with naco cheese and ninjettes, but I don't think even Gene understands that one... :O
    Last edited by Becca; 06-14-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Excuse me?

when you understand Gene's think with naco cheese and ninjettes
    You've been here too long when you can make sense of that sentence. Do not sully my nacho ninjettes with your bad grammar.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

You know you spend too much time on the KFM forum when...

Mega-Tool actually starts making sense to you.....