Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender

I want to say something so bad............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Come on Lokhopkuen, spill it.

We've been waiting to hear from you on this.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Wil-Hung View Post
    It seems as though the target audience will be a younger demographic over here. It will BOMB in Asia, but will probably be a big hit here with lots of Wire and CG. I HATE WIRE in MA movies. I'm upset about it, but being a 45 year old new Hung Ga student (started 3 yrs ago) I am NOT the targeted audience. My main problem with it is that's exactly what they did with David Carradine 30+ years ago with the tv show "Kung Fu". While it was a hit, picture for a minute how much more superior that show would have been if the original actor had played the role. For those that don't know, that would be Mr. Bruce Lee. If the setting is ancient China, I'm thinking the actual filming should be done there and maybe, just maybe, the leads should be indigenous to the setting. I know, I know... that's just crazy talk.
    you hate wires in kung fu movies? **** you must hate every martial arts film that has ever been made, cause they all use wires, every last one of them. yes even the tony jaa films.

anyhoo, im not gonna prejudge this film until i see it. however im very disapointed in M. night, seeing as how under represented asian are in film, he should have known better, and to golgo the reason why i said it was racist was because the kid was unknowingly talking about being in yellow face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I want to say something so bad............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .......................

Please do say something.

Also, what the frack is wrong with M. Night that he can't not shoot a film in Philly?

Hmm, Asian themed fantasy film... let's shoot in Philadelphia!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    We've been waiting to hear from you on this.
    Signed a non-disclosure but some of you are SO right & you don't even know
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

a non-disclosure

Oh bummer. Oh well, we understand that. We'll just have to get you lit sometime and dish in private.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

okay, I'm coming over!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Signed a non-disclosure but some of you are SO right & you don't even know
    **** those NDA's **** them to hell.

Man, there needs to be a smiley for smashing your head on the wall...

I really want a statement. ****ed non-disclosures...

i think i know who is in the top running for action choregrapher for this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i think i know who is in the top running for action choregrapher for this movie.
    I'm not involved with the project.
    I have a copy of the script.
    I've hung out with this dude,
    nice guy.

My new philosophy is "F U C K Hollywood"
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 01-22-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    just watched the two hour finally and i got to see awesome. the final showdown between and and the firlord wreaked of awesomeness. when ang spared him at the end it reminded me of challenge of the masters. the whole story was great. still some loose ends that will hopefully be tied up with the three one hour specials that are set to come out. and there's the live action version but i'm not really looking forward to it. because m.night shamalamadingdong is set to write and direct all three film.
    How'd you know about those?

Bad news though. Nope, nada, zilch.

Animated AVATAR IS OVER
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

How'd you know about those?

Bad news though. Nope, nada, zilch.

Animated AVATAR IS OVER
    because i'm doug maverick, if you read any of my post you'll find film info that nobody is suppose to know about but i know, cause nothing goes down without me, no cartoons, no features, nothing, if a short film is shooting in a park by an 8 year i want in. lol, ok i had my "king of new york" moment. but seriously they're not going to do them aw man that blows big time. see now im getting ****ed, so im gonna have to see this "yellow face" m.night shamalama film in order to get my avatar fix, which i should be jonzing for after i burn a whole in the dvd's i got.

The protest

Spearheading the protest on Airbender is Saving the World with Postage which is pushing for a letter-writing campaign.

A new casting call is being held tomorrow in at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA. If you're interested, contact lastairbendercasting@gmail.com 215-574-7878. Applicants are asked to "dress casually OR in the traditional costume of your family's ethnic background."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Spearheading the protest on Airbender is Saving the World with Postage which is pushing for a letter-writing campaign.

A new casting call is being held tomorrow in at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA. If you're interested, contact lastairbendercasting@gmail.com 215-574-7878. Applicants are asked to "dress casually OR in the traditional costume of your family's ethnic background."
    thats interesting, i have a feeling they might recast the entire film. if they not gonna make it all asian they should at least use different races. studios are like children sometimes you have to tell them right from wrong. sometimes you have to spank them. they honestly dont ****ing know. look at their so called analyst who have been way off the mark in film projections for the last three months. films that were slated to flop have been hits, for example tom cruise's valkyrie which was slated o open at like 15m but opened at 35m i think. i can go on an on. the reality is they are out of touch with the people and have no idea what the public wants. except warner bros. and maybe sony.