Thread: Monkey ground fighting

Monkey ground fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeFc0OPcmc

does anyone have clips other than this one? how prevalent is ground work in monkey?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I'm not tellin'.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    what I learned of monkey, and no doubt it's surely not the same source as Sifu Abel's, was completely about takedowns (scissors, single and double legs, knee bar) and ground 'n pound utilizing fists, palms and knees to strike with. there was some chin na but with no emphasis on submitting at all...the theory was to break stuff and run away.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

cjurakpt Guest
    I'd like to monkey around with the chick in the vid (well look, someone had to say it, and I guess Ross isn't watching his computer)

ya, she were cute...didn't even watch the clip...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

too bad she didn't end up with anything after the roll. That should have went into a knee bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeFc0OPcmc

does anyone have clips other than this one? how prevalent is ground work in monkey?
    In Nu Hou Quan, techniques should be practiced at all levels (aerial, standing and ground). Grappling incorporates pinning and locking techniques using: the hands, the legs and the hands/legs combined (among other things). These techniques fall under our "four hands theory" category. Pictures of a couple pinning techniques can be found on my blog at http://www.angrymonkeyfist.com Keep in mind that the pictures were taken at one of my Jujutsu seminars in Texas.
    We do not put videos on the net, but I would be glad to demonstrate a few techniques to anyone who cares to drop by one of our schools.

Richard A. Tolson
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 05-22-2007 at 01:47 PM.

curious, the form I was taught was 'mu hou san'...or at least that's what it sounded like...no one ever wrote it down anywhere....