Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTI videos

I don't post much but every so often......

The late GM Yip Man must be turning in his grave

Dude, you are embarrasing yourself with this stuff.

I do not know who gave you the title of Master, but I strongly suggest that you find him and either ask for a refund or shoot him

Quote Originally Posted by TomasWTUK View Post
    The late GM Yip Man must be turning in his grave

Dude, you are embarrasing yourself with this stuff.

I do not know who gave you the title of Master, but I strongly suggest that you find him and either ask for a refund or shoot him

Thanks for I compliment. But you see you I only can say that if asserts these things you do not understand null of wing chun

I actually don't think it looks any better or worse then the typical WT demo.

I chose 1 at random, the middle one of you on the jong.......wow just wow, can i please make a suggestion that you get another jong, have it at home, and learn how to play it properly.
    When you then know what it is you should be doing re film it and someone might be able to appreciate what you are doing instead of just laughing at you,
    Im honestly not trying to troll but to tell you what is wrong with that would just take too long and go over your head anyway as the skill i see from yourself is realistically some low level stuff and in all honesty to think for one second you deserve the title 'master' implies you have mastered something whereas it would seem you are a master at fraudulently taking money from students for something that barely resembles wing chun.
    imho

compare this one which is done slowly and accurately with an eye for the details within while demonstrating for students http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0d3bf16mT8

with this which is yours,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WL1kg8c14
    then honestly compare the two

Quote Originally Posted by KimWingChun View Post
    I actually don't think it looks any better or worse then the typical WT demo.
    ....or WC or VT or whatever!

Good and bad throughout the WHOLE family.

As a WT student, I personally think these particular demos ARE a poor representation of the art and Geppy, simply having lots of pics on your site of you with other Masters (GM Leung Ting, GM Kernspecht et al) and banging out a few vids does not make you a master. Hell, I have had my pic taken with GMKK at a grading! Yee haw .....doesn't mean Jack!

Personally, I have seen some stunning WT demos and trained with some really excellent teachers who can apply their stuff.

Believe me, there are Masters out there who have every right to the title but I am still not remotely convinced that the vids I have seen so far show any degree of mastery.

Soz

Quote Originally Posted by forever young View Post
    compare this one which is done slowly and accurately with an eye for the details within while demonstrating for students http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0d3bf16mT8

with this which is yours,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WL1kg8c14
    then honestly compare the two

Since Mook Jong work has nothing to do with fighting in the first place, it really doesn't matter how someone does it.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 04-27-2007 at 02:29 PM.

After reading the responses on this thread, it becomes obvious that none but a fool would post video of his MA practice or matches for viewing on the internet.

It might be pearls before swine, or gravel before swine.

But the swine are a constant.

Knifefighter, I had the alliancemartialarts death match link in my .sig before you. You wouldn't want anyone to think you have like minded thoughts with any of us clueless theoreticians, would you?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Geppy View Post
    Hello to all these are of my video. Some creed already you know them others not creed.
    www.wingchunteam.it
    Geppy - some have just been plain honest which is a little harsh - but really this is how lots of VT is practiced all over the world (not all) and it just aint realistic IMO.

Here's some contructive criticism - just one mans Point of View -

1st Vid - VT is full of elbows, its my favorite and heviest action in my tool box.
    But in this drill you are teaching yourselves to lean back and have bad posture to gain space, Why ? Lack of horse movement. You lean for elbow space you do not step or turn for it.

2nd Vid - Again any action to be considered complete in fighting must have the addition of your horse - turning and/ or stepping - in this vid your all arms.
    NO HORSE NO KUNG FU.

3rd Vid - Your hands and body are not working together, co ordination is needed for Yu Ma Lik.

4th Vid - Even to watch it yourself you must admit its pre arranged and co- operative, fine if you always know what your opponent is going to throw at you.
    His timing is slow to let you apply your actions.

5th Vid - get your partner to throw more than one action and with more force, this again is very co operative. In reality youll never get your 20 moves out to your opponents 1

I notice in each of your vids you happen to use punching as your finishing move/s even when your opponent is on the ground....what about the old foot stomp ?
    You risk getting into a ground game if you kneel down with your opponent and by the look of your arm bar its not your strong point, try the good old foot stomp it works wonders

Keep training mate
    DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

WTI videos

They are content that my video all have triggered these negative critics,ma é normal the video make in order to have critics not praises if and competent of the art you do not make excuses yourselves to me if I allow myself but they are a person who speaks in face. Just in order to get rid itself, they are a master and practical from 20 years and I teach from 14, I belong to the lineage of Leung Ting and have studied with Kernspecht and all its assistants, where I have caught up the 2 master degree, then subsequently I have studied with Smart and Prosenica also they direct students of the Leung tIng where I have caught up 5 master degree. Currently I have one my association in Italia(Napoli) the Wingchun Italy
    Team where they are the President.

Hello

Master Geppy

Geppy must be a language thing - my post was being sarcastic.... awesome videos mate well impressed
    Keep up the work.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Since Mook Jong work has nothing to do with fighting in the first place, it really doesn't matter how someone does it.
    i never said it was anything to do with fighting, if it WAS i would recommend using an axe instead of punching!!!!!!! as a tool for measurement it serves its purpose, as a tool for developing timing, footwork, non telegraphing, body unity, correct structure etc it sufices and finally as a weapon its great (i regularly swing mine around like a toothpick and whack dudes with it ) oh and it is also good as a hatstand/coat hook .

good lord how ignorant you are.
    After showing how clueless you were with the Eddie Bravo fake video, I'm surprised you are still trolling around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Quote Originally Posted by Geppy View Post
    I belong to the lineage of Leung Ting and have studied with Kernspecht and all its assistants, where I have caught up the 2 master degree, then subsequently I have studied with Smart and Prosenica also they direct students of the Leung tIng where I have caught up 5 master degree. Currently I have one my association in Italia(Napoli) the Wingchun Italy
    Team where they are the President.

Hello

Master Geppy
    I am sure i read on another forum that you only recieved 1st technican grade with leung tings wingtsun and nic smart only awarded you 2nd grade.
    You should at least be honest about your grades,if they are part of your self-promotion, your performance in those videos is pretty slack and i doubt anyone who have awarded you master status.

Found forum link-
    http://www.freenfo.net/usenet/arti-m...-reloaded.html
    Last edited by leung jam; 04-28-2007 at 04:24 AM.