Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Soccer

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    It hasn't even been released in the US yet.
    Cinema and DVD releases happened quiet a few months ago over here.
    Witty signature under construction.

Miramax

Miramax really dropped the ball on Shaolin Soccer.

Miramax, or MiramAXE as they a becoming known in the HK circles, bought the US rights to a huge archive of HK films, mostly following suite from Tarantino's example. Now they are just sitting on them. We have access to a lot of these movies in DVD, but it's illegal for us to sell them.

Shaolin Soccer was scheduled for release August 8th (originally planned for April 2003) then postponed to the following week, then postponed to September sometime, now it might not even have a theatrical release. This has angered HK stars like Stephen Chow, and apparently Columbia has picked up his new project scheduled for Spring 2004 - Kung Fu Hustle. Sammo Hung was the action director on that one, but he just got replaced by Yuen Woo Ping...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Is it illegal for you to give them away to forum members with in excess of 4000 posts?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

wha...give away?

I WANT ME ME ME ME!!!
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Free stuff.... did I hear the words 'Free' and 'Stuff'?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Hi.

The program has been watched and recorded.

Great flick, some good comedy in there.

What's that I hear about "FREE" and "STUFF", you gotta be kidding.
    Nothing for FREE in life.

BTQ, the Movie is in the original soundtrack.
    Witty signature under construction.

I like the Andy Lau movie song. The video is funny too
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Shaolin Soccer a popular download

check it out: shaolin soccer

Poor Miramax. They better cash in on Kill Bill.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Poor miramax my hairy white bunghole! If they'd actually released the movie, they'd have a cult hit. As it stands, they have a pirated phenom, because pirating is the only way to get it.

They lubed the d!ldo, handed it to the internet and then bent over with their pants down. If they want to whine about what happened next, they're crazy.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Man...
    Miramax would save and make soo much more money if they released all the movies Cantonese w/Eng subs...
    I mean d@mn they dont even need to edit it...
    Just freakin release them!!
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Miramax loses to Tri-Star

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Take That

What if they shelved the film in order to save us? What if those are our good friends at Miramax rather than the ne'er do wells you paint them to be?

It just good I found another spot to chime in on. I'm still working on my skil saw form.
    ~The table saw is my weapon of
    choice

it's all about Kill Bill

I can see their strategy now. If that hits, then they can open the floodgates. The buzz is pretty good so far, so it could prove to be the converse of CTHD. We can only hope.

CSN: I was being sarcastic. Please don't bring up your bunghole anymore.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

As it stands, they have a pirated phenom, because pirating is the only way to get it.
    Yes, if I were the type to download copyrighted material, Shaolin Soccer would have been at the top of my list. Incidentally, I hope those subtitles were just some guy's translation and not the "official" ones - they were terrible! "You're a real salt fish with no shoes..."
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

no shoes.... that's terrible