Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tim Allen tops Mamet's 'Redbelt'

Quote Originally Posted by yutyeesam View Post
    My question is why did it last in the theaters for such a short time, borderline a direct to DVD movie.

I wonder why it didn't connect with an audience? I mean surely, all the BJJ/MMA practitioners would have gone to see it, no?
    because it wasn't looking for a bjj/mma audience, it was looking for all the people who watched karate kid.

It wasn't really that good of a movie. really a stretch with the plausability in a few places.

fairly formulaic and kinda tired in it's storytelling.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

just got around to seeing this, via instant stream netflix, glad i didnt really pay for it.

the best this movie has to offer is decent acting.

the thing that irks me most, is why does he get the gold belt, then he also gets the red belt. wtf the japanese fighter was going to give the belt to the gaijin if he could possibly defeat him, meaning he didnt think he could lose (whether he was in on the fix or not, im assuming not since he gave it up) then some other gaijin beats that gaijin he didnt think would beat him so he gives him his $250k family heirloom...makes no sense what so ever. i cant stand writers that dont look past their own nose.

so many holes in the plot its like a moth riddled closet full of 1970s corduroy and denim....

Last edited by Lucas; 07-23-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.