Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iMartial web community

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Dude, this is not how I imagined you at all!

http://www.imartial.com/getpreview.a...=450&imgid=967

My whole world is melting!
    this is how i used to look:

http://a902.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...4ed3950185.jpg

... and now with satan and my huge buddy ryan

http://a683.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...b569ca637a.jpg
    where's my beer?

..... also ... oso is exactly how i imagined him.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    I'm having a hard time setting my default image for my profile. also if you are adding individual styles you should add eagle claw, hung gar, jow gar, praying mantis, norther shaolin.

Go to My Account> My Photos> browse for file. If the upload doesn't work, try sizing down the file and converting it to .gif or .jpg, preferably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I signed up, but I haven't set my page up yet.
    same here

10 needed lol
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Thanks & Praises PangQuan!

Ya know the reference, mon?

If for no other reason, the outing of GDA's real look has made this venture worthwhile....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Go to My Account> My Photos> browse for file. If the upload doesn't work, try sizing down the file and converting it to .gif or .jpg, preferably the latter.
    i can upload the photo's. but it takes the last one you took and sets it as your default. i dont want the last one i uploaded as my default.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

due to my lack of actual friends in actual life, ive deciede to live vicariously through iMartial.

im inviting you all
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    due to my lack of actual friends in actual life, ive deciede to live vicariously through iMartial.

im inviting you all

Hopefully you'll find real friends now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i can upload the photo's. but it takes the last one you took and sets it as your default. i dont want the last one i uploaded as my default.
    yes.

this makes me want to kick babies. good ones.
    where's my beer?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    ..... also ... oso is exactly how i imagined him.

lol...the outside is pretty much like the inside...

you know of course that this is a step in the wrong direction. i think a martial forum should propagate more face to face meetings than KFM actually has. yet another place to live vicariously through a monitor isn't necessarily a good thing.

but, quick easy uploading of pictures is a cool feature...anyone run in to a limit yet?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    you know those little boxes you click that have styles and such in them on your profile?

what are they for? you cannot view what you have clicked in your profile, at least i cannot. Nor can i view what anyone else has clicked in those little style boxes.
    it's used to search. You can search for people that train certain styles. the search uses the same checkbox interface that you use when you make your profile.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

The style function is also for tournament registration

One of the major functions of iMartial is tournament registration. Of course, what style you are is very important for open tournament registration. There's this whole admin side that's available to tournament promoters that allows them to collect registration for competitors, volunteers, judges, anyone participating in the tournament, and categorize it to their custom needs. There's even a function to print out badges for the specific events. It has potential to be quite powerful. One of the main reasons that we're cooperating with iMartial is for these registration functions. It's how some of our TCEC events are being registered. Take a look at the online registration for next weekend's RDK Internationals.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

cjurakpt Guest

Welcome to Jamrock !

style boxes:

that makes much more sense now. it would be kind of cool if you could see what people chose on thier profiles.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

niceness Pangquan

There are a few interface problems that I think need to be ironed out too. One function that bothers me is the 'friend invites'. I like that it keeps track of the friends that you have invited, but it bothers me that you have to delete them from that roster after they have been accepted. That should be automatic. Another thing that bothers me is that after you have read a received message, it still shows that you have a new message on your account. Once the message is read, that alert should be turned off. I think the only way to turn it off is to manually delete the message from your mailbox. That's bothersome if you want to save the message. You have to make this mental note of how many messages you have in your mailbox and constantly subtract that from what your new message alert reports on your account.

I'll remind the iMartial developer to keep an eye on this thread, although he's probably doing that already.

Some boy noy notice, dem only come around like tourist
    On the beach with a few club sodas
    Bedtime stories, and pose like dem name Chuck Norris
    And don't know the real hardcore
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips