Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WTI videos

Just some general observations

ALL WCK has good and bad practitioners.I have seen some very good WT, that Iwas pleasantly able to learn something from, and i have seen horrible WT. Same for VT, TWC, and many differant Mainland Branchs.

I am reluctant to accept the terms of Master and Sifu, from most. As the obvious lack of skill is apparent, when these so called masters are seen via Demo mode, and is more of a financial deal that anything else , with their "Master". Now a demo is only a demo, so i think we can take it for what it is, in general. But a Demo also shows if someone breaks the most basic WCK principles or concepts.

I have been unhappy with the quality of WCK i see coming out of countries that are newer to the WCK system. There is an apparent degradation in skill level, to the stringent levels, held in places where WCK has settled and developed for a period of time

I personaly think that anyone training any part of WCK, without it being trained for "Fighting"/combat , is misunderstanding what we are doing. So many on the internet, attempt to teach others a "Fighting" method, and yet have never been in a fight. So many," know it all", WCKers, have never seen first hand, the things that happen in real combat, or felt all the strange things that happen to the body chemicaly. This is something TN has been kind to point out for awile. Most wont get it until they get into that first fight, and completly crumble.

The MYJ is another tool for training differant skills. The jong form, comprises a....summary of the 3 hand forms, used as 1 unit. The traditional Wooden Jong, is also used in full Jing/Ging manefestation, as you cant do that on a training partner, thus help engraining and reinforcing the 'whole body methods". It works obvious things like training the body to respond to certain positions, but also has its limits, and can never be ones only training partner!~

My personal opinion on the original clips posted, in particular the jong form, lacks any Ging expression into the jong. It seems like its "All Hands" and no body use. The structures used are to my standard, sloppy. The level of the Jong isnt set properly in relation to the body of the practitioner, which than reinforces improper relationships. We have to train in the middle ground, so than we can raise or lower what we do. If we always train high, reaching up, when we have to lower, we will have some issues. I have witnessed practitioners experiance this during compitition.
    It also looks differant to WT, as i see characteristics of other H.K WCK branchs mixed in, such as TWC.
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Good advice to my paisano

Dovreste ottenere una lama e un bushel ed andare cogliere chicory anziché ala Wing Chun, ed andare fanno un'insalata, (o il vino).

Rough Translation: Instead of practicing Wing Chun, you guys should get a knife and a bushel and go pick chicory and go make a salad (or some wine).

Zio Antonio
    Last edited by A Soave; 05-31-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: misspelling

What???

Not even close to TWC. Where have you ever seen hands (or body movement) in any TWC?