Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how popular are MA in the U.S ?

In north west Arkansas, there are about 4 schools within 35 miles of where I live. 2 are olympic TKD(taeguk), 1 is traditional TKD(Chang Hon), and a MMA school with heavy influences from Praying Mantis and Judo.

The traditional TKD school is the only non-Mcdojo school around.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    OK first off DONT EVER CALL IT SOCCER !!!

second why dont they riot at baseball then ?

footballs great to watch

the main reason i think that we have these stupid clashes is because its what we in europe have been doing for centuries
    its all about representing where u are from and weither "you're guys" are "harder"(see coming back to that concept again) than "their guys"
    wow, sounds familiar. however in north and south memphis, trying to be that hard will get you shot.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by jera View Post
    In north west Arkansas, there are about 4 schools within 35 miles of where I live. 2 are olympic TKD(taeguk), 1 is traditional TKD(Chang Hon), and a MMA school with heavy influences from Praying Mantis and Judo.

The traditional TKD school is the only non-Mcdojo school around.
    do you know if that mma school competes in the mma events in little rock and tupelo, or at the ffc in tunica?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

there are about 50 schools in my area, 4 of which have a mma / kickboxing focus and there are 5 judo clubs.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

if there is any difference, its that the game requires much more brain now than ever

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    That was before American football became all about the huge money, huge muscles, short-term contract and injury. The 49ers of that era IMHO were the best football team ever.

Now it's just brawn over brains. They get these huge muscular guys who tear out their ACLs just running down the field because they have too big of quads. It's more about who gets injured than actual play.

In other words, it's just a battle of attrition now. There's no athleticism or plays anymore.
    Nonsense. It was about money and getting the most out of athletes then (a very short time ago) as now. People negotiated to get the most money they could then, just like now. Injuries in a very physically brutal sport were common then as now, and Rice had a remarkably long career for those days just as a few players have remarkably long careers now. Don't make it seem like ages ago, because it wasn't, and don't make it seem like a different sport, because it isn't. I think you are just going for dramatic effect here, and it just seems weird.

our military is far and away the better trained

You keep telling yourself that Nigel, and we'll keep on guaranteeing your continued existence on this planet as we have been for the past 60 years or so.

our military is far and away the better trained
    that must be why i live in the united states of england....
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    that must be why i live in the united states of england....
    Everybody knows the Israeli military is the best.

So I talked to a couple of other schools today that said they are going under, but in different parts of the country.

Coincidentally, the instructors are teaching eclectic styles and are both very overweight. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    do you know if that mma school competes in the mma events in little rock and tupelo, or at the ffc in tunica?

Im not sure if they go all the way to little rock. When I joined the school the 3 months I was there the only competition that we went to was in Springdale. Its fairly new, gets 90% of its revenue from after school programs, along with a '1 year black belt program.' The school is called "The martial Arts Acadamy" and it is located in one of the small towns around Faetville, I beleave its Farmington.

But the Traditional TKD school has two proffesional exibitionists(sp?), Jordan (I cant remember her last name), and Collin Place. They both do open hand exibitions, along with a Team Kama Exibition.

"Oh look Nigel, I've gotten an abrasion!"
    Classic.

GA,
    You get stupider with every post.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

You keep telling yourself that Nigel, and we'll keep on guaranteeing your continued existence on this planet as we have been for the past 60 years or so
    D@mnit again......owned!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    wow, sounds familiar. however in north and south memphis, trying to be that hard will get you shot.

wow
    so guns stop soccer riots ?

LOL
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Oh No
    U Guys Made Me Say Soccer
    Nooooooooo!!!
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.