Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I fell down an elevator shaft and coulda died this weekend...

So I fell down an elevator shaft and coulda died this weekend...

It started out as a REALLY easy night at the club. My floor had about 400 people on it, but none were causing any major problem and the ones we had to put out went without resistance (unusual where I work). Around 3am, stuff started happening and we were putting people out back to back. We had a guy get into it with a bartender, so one of the bouncers went to ut him out. He was pushing the guy backward down my aisle, toward the elevator. The guy was still resisting, so in my normal fashion, I wrap my arms around the guys neck, so I could RNC if he tried to resist too much. I'm dragging him to the elevator and right when we get to the door (which was shut) he raises his hand like he's gonna hit the bouncer in front of us. The bouncer shoved him, knocking us both into the elevator door. Our momentum and weight knocked the door down and we both fell down the elevator shaft.

we were rotating as we got pushed, and rotated 180 degress, so I landed on top of him, and he landed face first on the elevator door. It took me a minute to realize what happened. It was pitch black and I'm like, "wtf? we're in the elevator shaft!" The guy was groggy and didn't try anything, even after the grogginess cleared - I don't think he wanted to say much, as were in a small space and he had nowhere to run. I shined my light upward to make sure the elevator wasn't above us - I didn't want it coming down and crushing us. Luckily, it was on the first floor and we landed on top of it. The elevator door is what seperated us from landing on the I beams on top of the elevator which woulda severely injured us both. Also, since the elevator was on the first floor, we didn't fall far - maybe 20 feet or so. While we were in the shaft, about 5 of the guys friends got into it with the bouncers, as they realized their buddy got put out, so they were fighting upstairs while I was stuck in the shaft. After they got them downstairs, I had some guys throw one of the bar chairs down and i stood on it, jumped and two guys (one on each arm) pulled me out. They pulled the other guy out as well and I was gonna let him stay in the club considering what had just happened. But as soon as he had room to run and a lot of spectators to fuel his ego (people were gathered around the elevator to see what had happened and who was down there) He started talking smack.

I dragged him down the steps and through the doors, slamming him into a wall so I could get immobilize him and get his wristband, which he refused to give me before I took him down the steps (they can't come in the club with no wristband) his buddies were all outside the door and started yelling at me when they saw me shove their friend into the wall. they rushed toward me and I flung their buddy into them and pulled out my freeze spray. I sprayed the closest guy to me, and he stopped cold. One of the bartenders brught out his spray and sprayed EVERYBODY...my spray is more precision - it streams - so I only hit the one I aim at. His fogs, so it affects everyone in the way of the cloud. the guys backed off, people everywhere are coughing (it didn't seem to bother me, which I find weird. I coughed a litlle, but not nearly as much as everyone else and it didn't burn at all, which is what FOX is known for.) One of the guys then tried to jump the balcony rail and come at us, but we ran and met him at the balcony, shoving him to the ground.

It was a VERY interesting night. I found out later that while I was in the shaft, several of the bouncers were fighting with the guys outside of the club. The cops normally have a pretty good response time, as this is beale street of all places, but after 2am, 90% of the cops on duty get off, and the other 10% in the area are assigned to areas around downtown and outside of it, not to beale street specifically. At the end of the night, I pulled my car around to the front of the club to pick up a coworker - this was around 7am - 4 HOURS LATER - and a cop was pulling up in front of me. He got out of his car, came to my window and asked me about an incident that happened in the club...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

What a boring life.

All that action nonsense.

I taught three classes of first-year kids English today. One or two of them may remember it. Then I dozed off in front of some work on the computer and went home late. At least I got to do some fu then.

What's FOX spray/freeze spray (I mean, I think I can guess but...)?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

BTW, 20 ft is still a long way to fall, so I'm glad you had a soft landing!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Frat .
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

just be glad it wasnt an escalator. imagine falling down an up escalator. it would take forever to get to the bottom.

but seriously, glad to here you weren't seriously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    What's FOX spray/freeze spray (I mean, I think I can guess but...)?

different types of OC spray. FOX is such a concentrated pepper spray that it gives the skin a burning sensation, so it affects a person, even if you miss their eyes, nose and mouth. Freeze+p is a mixture of pepper spray and tear gas.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

20' is 2 stories if my math is correct. Daaayuuuuummm!!! Glad you're OK.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

so the guy landed on his face and you landed on top of him cuz another bouncer pushed ya? daaayuuuum.

truthfully, i would be ****ed too.

but glad your ok.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Initially I was p!ssed. the first thing I yelled was "When I get outta here, I'm gonna kick his fat ass!" But so much other stuff happened that night, that I let that go. Accidents happen - such is life.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

That's nothing, My son's 6th birthday was this weekend so I had a house full of kindergartners on Saturday.

Then I painted the ceiling in my livingroom on Sunday.

PWNED!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Oh yeah.........

Sat i tried to move my punching bag from one side of the basement to the other, more room there, and someone decided to put the recycling bins in the way. Needless to say tripped and fell, had a soft landing but bit my lip and bled on the bag.

Lesson learned - make sure path is clear when moving big bulky stuff.

Good to hear you weren't seriously hurt. How was the guy you landed on?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    just be glad it wasnt an escalator. imagine falling down an up escalator. it would take forever to get to the bottom.

but seriously, glad to here you weren't seriously injured.
    I sat on an escalator once on a dare. To heck with getting to the bottom. You gonna get pinched there instead.

But better that than to fall down an elevator shaft. Adds a whole new defenition to "the Descent"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Obviously my plan failed. Need to check what floor the elevator is on first. AND it squashed my Ninjas before you fell in. You won't escape us next time...

Seize Him! Industries
    PO BOX 1
    Hollowed Out Volcano X
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Seize Him! Industries
    PO BOX 1
    Hollowed Out Volcano X

Reply]
    Not to be a nit picky jerk or anything, but isn't that a bit redundant?
    I mean, the very fact that it *IS* a Volcano means it's hollow, right?

(RD runs and hides from soon to be attacking Ninja's with Lazers on thier heads )
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

glad you're alright 7
    had a pretty crazy weekend too
    broke cardinal rule #1:
    don't go drinking with my brother, ESPECIALLY not when he's with his friends
    surprised i even made it home
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting