Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ouch

thast true, but you do have a prickly personality.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe View Post
    This is golden! That really made me laugh out loud.
    You'd lick the devils bum if it suited you.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    thast true, but you do have a prickly personality.
    I just got attacked too many times on forums. I didn't start out like this.

In fact, when I first started posting on MA forums back in like 2002 or something, I tried to be reasonable with people.

But the people I ran into were not reasonable. They would do anything to further their agenda, if it was sparring, or getting students, or whatever it was -- they resorted to personal attacks and irrational arguments.

Therefore, I don't try to be reasonable anymore. F*CK YOU and MORON works a lot better. People seem to understand that.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 02-09-2007 at 06:22 PM.

It is just me, or have you guys gotten even more infantile than usual?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    It is just me, or have you guys gotten even more infantile than usual?
    Why not be infantile? You're infantile. In fact whenever I think of you now, I imagine an old guy in astronaut diapers.

ATTENTION THIS MIGHT BE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR AUDIENCE WITH WEAK HEARTS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHZwtE9op_g

No kicks for me. O_O

OWCH!

take your calcium and focus on that conditioning training kids....

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinCyborg View Post
    OWCH!

take your calcium and focus on that conditioning training kids....
    That's an old video. Obviously the guy still sanding was a Sanda guy. They're the absolute best, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    No, like YOU ... he who can't train.
    YOU have publicly declared your REFUSAL to train...

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post

But of course you said it was racist and banned me. I didn't even know Osiris was black or it's considered an insult to blacks.

Don't lie. You are a proven racist.

LOL... just when I think kung fu guys can't get any stupider.

Someone who can take out an opponent in 10 seconds or less captures the imaginations of the audience and become hugely popular- i.e. Vitor Belfort's 5 second KO of Vanderlei Silva, Tank Abbott's brutal 3 second KO of Matua, Kid Yamamoto's 3 second flying knee knockout, Igor Zinovief slamming and breaking the clavicle of the wing chun fighter, and many, many more over the years.

Here are a few examples for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4n0QTGkKM

LOL @ thinking MMA promotors specifically trying to find guys who take a long time to finish a fight.
    yes i admit there are guys who knock out people fast. but how many are there? not too many. you have to remember its a business and in that business people want to see them fight.
    that was a nice clip. i wish mroe cma guys who are properly trained would go out and fight in the ring. but they don't. like soemone said in another thread, a lot of people take cma for reasons other then fighting.

LOL @ thinking elbowing to the back will stop someone from taking you down.
    um if you look at the rules you can't do it. im not saying it will stop someone you moron. why dont you have someone elbow you in the back repeatedly trying to hurt you and tell me how it feels.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 02-09-2007 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Why not be infantile? You're infantile.
    KF when you respond to this vicious attack from lunghushan, can you please respond with 'am not, you are' it would make my day.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    yes i admit there are guys who knock out people fast. but how many are there? not too many.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that they are fighting other equally skilled opponents whom they cannot easily KO at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    um if you look at the rules you can't do it. im not saying it will stop someone you moron. why dont you have someone elbow you in the back repeatedly trying to hurt you and tell me how it feels.
    I've been in that position several times with elbows (and the butt-end of sticks) coming down that way. Of course it is not comfortable, but then fighting is not really comfortable in the first place. There are lots of efficient ways to shut down leg attack takedowns, but that is not one of them.

The problem is two-fold. The first is that the back of the head, neck and upper back are relatively hard to damage with blows (much harder than the front of the body, which is why a person's natural response to being struck on the ground is to go into a turtle or fetal position, protecting the front of the body while giving up the back of the head, neck and back). One can take a tremendous amount of force to the backside of the body.

The second is, it is hard to get enough power to generate much damage from there. To get power into elbow shots requires one to raise up, which is the opposite of what should happen when defending a leg attack. By raising up in an attempt to get power, one gives up the legs to the attacker, who can then finish the takedown.

The old "elbows to the back of the head, neck and back" is something that people without grappling experience have "developed" to deal with takedowns, but most of the time, that approach just gives the attacker better leverage to finish the takedown.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 02-10-2007 at 12:06 PM.

question to KF - re elbows back of head

in what circumstance would dropping elbows to the back of the head work after successfully nullifying the shoot.

Could it be used after a sprawl or a head snapdown from clinch?

Is it just a low % move in your books or is there place for it where the move is nicely set?

not arguin, but asking

Quote Originally Posted by namron View Post
    in what circumstance would dropping elbows to the back of the head work after successfully nullifying the shoot.

Could it be used after a sprawl or a head snapdown from clinch?

Is it just a low % move in your books or is there place for it where the move is nicely set?

not arguin, but asking

actually i dont think spiking elbows to the back of the head would be wise. the skull is hard so arent your elbows. you are just as likely to hurt your elbow as you are their skull. to the back it depends, kidneys if you can reach them. i have seen a lot of "kung fu experts" do defense against takedowns and forget the basic stance work we practice; mabu, gong bu, etc. which helps sometimes to create a base.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 02-10-2007 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.