Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    If I may ask FuXnDajenariht, Shaolin Wookie,golden arhat ,
    and Royal Dragon ...what is your opinion on how we as human beings came to be?

I of course dont mean our parents..I am talking about the Creation of Earth, The Universe and human life...with all our uniqueness. How did "nothing" become "somethong" no matter how long ago it happened.

In short....who is the Creator of all things?

Earth is exactley the right distance from the Sun for our bodies living conditions.

Man is a thinking, rational, emotional, spiritual being,capable of much good &evil

Compared to ever other Planet our High Powered Telescopes are able to see and send probes to.....Earth is a Blue, Living Water covered Planet teaming with Life!

Opinions ?

JDK
    As they said in that ****ty Desert Storm movie:

"Welcome to the Suck."

1.) The question isn't necessarily "Who created the earth?" It may very well be "What created the earth?"

The answer to that question is myriad: 1. Big bang....rock accretion due to gravitation (since mass=gravity more or less). 2. Quantum wave fluctuations 3. Many universes 4. String Theory...fluctuating branes touching, causing transfers of energy needed to push that cosmic atom from its infinitude into the Big Bang....after which it's simply sublimation, formations of small molecules, to crystals, to rocks, to whatever--and we can actually do these experiments ourselves. Under given conditions, gases can become solid. These conditions are available in outer space. It just takes time and pressure....something a humanless universe has plenty of without us...or a god. The answer to your question is: We don't know for sure. We can only say what happened in the millionths of seconds after the Big Bang. Before that it's all theory. But then, I bet you can't tell how God created the earth either. And if I asked how you knew he created it then, you'd say faith. If I asked how you knew faith was true, you'd just say because you believe it. You reason from a fantasy down to facts. We reason from facts (things we experience towards things more likely to be factual). Not the same at all.

There isn't any consensus as to the trigger.....but we're all pretty sure it's not a big invisible guy who said "Let there be light!", especially when we consider that we made up our languages, and he couldn't have said "Let there be light!" in Hebrew if the Hebrews did not exist first. Plus....the Bible pits teh creation of the universe at 4500 B.C.......wheras the earth itself is 4.5 billion years old, and the universe perhaps more like 14.6 billion years........

2.) Human life......but not our parents? You're jumping the gun.

Lets see, I am the product of two people. Those two people were the product of four people. Those four people were the product of eight people, with variations in numbers depending on how many people cheated on their spouses.

We are all products of our parents (except for that dude who only had one which brings up the question.....did Christ have DNA? Maybe that H. in Jesus H. Christ stands for ****zygous? We all have DNA....it's a record of our genes....one-half of which is directly copied from one parent, the other half from the other parent...combined with mixed results---and Voila!!! That's evolution, in very simplistic terms (so don't quote me on this ridiculous simplification...I could go into particulars, as this is one of my fields of expertise). If you believe in DNA, like it or not, you believe in evolution. In the US we will put someone to death for DNA evidence....G.W. can attest to that, as he's done it plenty......but as for his thoughts on evolution? ).

Life begins with a sperm and ovum. There are millions of sperm in your daddy's sack. There is one egg in your mother's womb. Chance dictates which sperm gets in. The stronger ones have the best chance at getting in. The one's with damaged tails can't swim enough. The weaker ones get killed by the acids near the mouth of the vagina. Survival of the fittest, right from the start. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, the clarion call of evolution...... . But unlike godly creation , there are aberrations. Three copies of a certain chromosome 21 (trisomy 21).....Down Syndrome. Nothing wrong with that....it's just the process of evolution at work.

The problem is...you look at life, human life, as a human being. A finished product. Just like kung fu, life begins not with a finished product (a flawlessly executed form). It starts with punches and kicks (sperm/ovum). These are not remarkably complex organisms. When they combine and fuse, cells start to ball up. These cells replicate at exponential rates, and become a human being. You've witnessed this miracle firsthand. You were once, at once, a sperm in your daddy's sack with a million or more brothers and sisters, and, at once, an egg in your mother's ovary. So it goes with every human being, and most other animals as well.

3.) "Earth is exactley the right distance from the Sun for our bodies living conditions."

Yes, I agree 65%.....but how does this imply godly creation? The fact that there are seven other planets (I don't count Pluto.... likely a comet from the Oort cloud), none of which host any life, should tell you that in our solar system we had a 1:8 chance of coming to being. Strangely enough, the Earth wasn't created de facto. After accretion (formation of rock base) and the gravitational pull due to that mass pulled in molecules in certain quantities to begin the formation of the atmosphere, the Earth experienced drastic climates (before life was here). There was a period of "Snowball Earth" in which the entire planet was covered in ice and snow the likes of which even Antarctica would shiver at. The earth was not teeming with life, as you like to say. It had no life. But, as the ice receded, the climate mellowed out....after a billion years or so...no biggie.....and the greenhouse effect was, well, in effect, conditions were ripe for life. Now was the chance for life, if ever there was one. Simple organisms like bacteria formed (some espouse Panspermia, whereby a meteor from Mars carrying bacteria hit the earth and thereby sparked life....but that implies life on Mars.....which would blow your 1 perfect planet theory out of the water). Bacteria can cause reactions. Bacteria help fluff up your bread, create fungi, and the like. It wasn't Voila!!! Humanity!!!!!!!

Natura non facit stultum......

(Life doesn't make sudden leaps)....we'll ignore punctuated equilibrium for now....

Your quote, again: "Earth is exactley the right distance from the Sun for our bodies living conditions."

Let's take a nudist vacation down to Antarctica and test this theory out. Human survival is dependent on 1.) Adaptation to the environment (via shelter, clothing, weaponry) 2.) Geographic location 3.) Resource availability (food, etc.)

Hence, we don't live in the polar ice caps unless we have 20th century technology which allows us to get supplies in an orderly fashion (via plane) and heated compounds. Nor do we live nextdoor to lions' dens. We tend to shy away from those things....there goes the neighborhood. Nor do we live in the desert. With little water and food, it's a hard living. Sure, nomads can do it...if it's the right desert, of course. But throw me in the desert and I'm a dead man--I just don't have the know-how. Plus, nomads know the lay of the land.....and the stars.......those dumb, dull stars surrounded by dumb, dead planets. And....they keep their numbers small. Large civilizations would drain the resources too quickly.

One of the biggest kilers of human beings is what? Bacteria. Viruses. Tiny microscopic organisms not unlike the organisms we began as. One of the biggest saviors of human beings is what? Bacteria. Viruses (via innoculation/immunization). The bacterium we've adapeted to become our best friends.

4. "human life...with all our uniqueness"

We share 99% of our uniqueness with chimpanzees, dude. They might not have tackled Neoplatonic metaphysics, but I can't rip an human's arms off of his torso. I can say "Goethe" with the proper Germanic inflection. BUt I still can't bark and growl like a chimp like he can. Give and take. We survived due to our ingenuity and adaptability (hence, that's our genetic and evolutionary advantage). Some species required a little less. I.E.: try debating string theory with a half-starved hyena. The results might be interesting. And he won't be interested in the ethics of pacifism as he devours your intestines. Our ethics are human-to-human methods of survival and adaptation. But sometimes they do extend to animals.....in regions where vegetarianism is a viable option. But if you lived in the wild with poisonous plants and many animals about...you'd probably be a carnivore.

Dolphins are pretty smart, too, dude.

5. "Man is a thinking, rational, emotional, spiritual being,capable of much good &evil"

What about crazy people, retarded individuals, atheists, and kids on Ritalin? They don't apply to all of your criterion. As for good & evil, I bet we have differing opinions on that, don't we?

It's best not to define humanity using a line from Superman.......

6.) "In short....who is the Creator of all things?"

Three words: Chance, Time, Patience.

7. The only person able to create something out of nothing was MacGuyver.....no debate necessary.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-18-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    religion and its prescribed dogma or set of beliefs is the entire foundation and reason for faiths existence, so by your own logic faith is questionable.
    my point was that you cannot debate what the definition of faith is. you can debate the concepts of various religions, however
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    my point was that you cannot debate what the definition of faith is. you can debate the concepts of various religions, however
    I'll have to take that one on faith.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-18-2007 at 12:28 PM.

Saw this on the news last night. Disturbing as hell......

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/mia...her/index.html

They had those really strange masses like an evangelical church, where they jump around, do faith healings and such.....it was on CNN, or something.....and then they were getting tattoos of 666.

But they were doing it with demonic possession etc. and the people had wild looks in their eyes.

I find these people, the exponents of the Dark Side, just as disturbing as their Obi Wan counterparts.

We're all supposed to "find Jesus", right?

Well, they got tired of the 2000 year search and figured a "De Jesus" was close enough.........

Anyways....speaking of the dark side and Obi Wan.....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...ion/index.html
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 03-04-2007 at 07:33 AM.

These guys are gettin' paid.........

Scientology,
    Mr. Miranda,
    Heaven's Gate,
    Christianity,
    Farrakhan.....

Just out of curiousity, have there ever been Buddhists or Taoists that started money-making emprises that capitalized on donations of massive wealth?

Hey....I know what you're thinking......leave Shao-lin out of it, man....

Well, it's not fair to really say they're Buddhists, because Sri Rajneesh's people started out calling themselves Hindus. After the whole biological terrorism and attempted coup in Oregon's state senate (yes this REALLY happened), they started practicing "Zen", and Rajneesh claimed to be an enlightened monk. Rajneesh changed his name to "Osho", which means "priest" in Japanese. He claimed this had nothing to do with reworking his image to put distance between himself and his reputation as a known terrorist. It is a fact that he had never been trained in Zen, nor received transmission from a recognized priest, however.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Well, it's not fair to really say they're Buddhists, because Sri Rajneesh's people started out calling themselves Hindus. After the whole biological terrorism and attempted coup in Oregon's state senate (yes this REALLY happened), they started practicing "Zen", and Rajneesh claimed to be an enlightened monk. Rajneesh changed his name to "Osho", which means "priest" in Japanese. He claimed this had nothing to do with reworking his image to put distance between himself and his reputation as a known terrorist. It is a fact that he had never been trained in Zen, nor received transmission from a recognized priest, however.
    A great book about the "glory years" of Rajneesh is "Bhagwan: The God That Failed", by Hugh Milne (A Scottish osteopath who I took a cranialsacral course with back in '98); very interesting read as Milne was one of Rajneesh's in-the-door disciples and personal bodyguard to boot...

oh, BTW, in general, this one should make both the Bible and TCMA folks happy...
    http://www.martialdevelopment.com/bl...movie-trailer/