Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Wow, that's like the old rap from Oakland and other hoods before they got all into all the bling-bling and that crap. Not bad at all.

Or in other words, this guy's not gonna make any money until he starts with the bling-bling and hos and all that crap. LOL

Christ was the original gangsta rapper.

He had a ho.
    He even had an entourage.
    As for the bling.....well, the wise men rigged him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    MK, where are you located?

I thought Georgia was the only state with this ridiculous law?
    us New Yawkers can't either. believe me i've tried.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

"I want to talk Martial Arts from now on...so I will restrict my posts
    To that Subject. Anything else...feel free to send me a Private Message"

I, for one, am surprised that you don't think a Kung-fu forum is a good place to discuss theology.

Seriously, youre right and I agree. JKD you don't owe anyone here any apology especially to people who mis-represent facts and spread lies to try to debunk your religion (where's their apology? where's the "I'm sorry for lying" from them). It's just the truth. Funny how they have no problem accepting your apology though.

"Again...sorry to have stirred up so much hostility and controversy...that was"

Don't kid yourself. The hostility was already there and you know it. The same people who bash Christianity wouldn't dare open their mouths about any other faith. I admire you for calming the thread down and realising that the debate is pointless.

"MK, where are you located?

I thought Georgia was the only state with this ridiculous law."

For those who cant wait til' afternoon to get drunk on a Sun I have a unique idea.....try buying youre booze on a Sat night. It's not like we don't live in the age of 24 hour stores on every corner. Or maybe a few days earlier. I don't think liquor is gonna go bad by Sun. morning if you buy it a week before. If you need any other help understanding that concept please let me know.
    Last edited by Anthony; 02-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    "I want to talk Martial Arts from now on...so I will restrict my posts
    To that Subject. Anything else...feel free to send me a Private Message"

I, for one, am surprised that you don't think a Kung-fu forum is a good place to discuss theology.

Seriously, youre right and I agree. JKD you don't owe anyone here any apology especially to people who mis-represent facts and spread lies to try to debunk your religion (where's their apology? where's the "I'm sorry for lying" from them). It's just the truth. Funny how they have no problem accepting your apology though.
    A) Who is lying ... B) He doesn't have to apologize ... that's throwing in the towel, bottom line.

I've done the same thing on other threads, "You win." It just means he got tired of arguing is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    For those who cant wait til' afternoon to get drunk on a Sun I have a unique idea.....try buying youre booze on a Sat night. It's not like we don't live in the age of 24 hour stores on every corner. Or maybe a few days earlier. I don't think liquor is gonna go bad by Sun. morning if you buy it a week before. If you need any other help understanding that concept please let me know.
    In Oklahoma,
    • You cannot buy wine or liquor after 9 PM.
    • You cannot buy beer after 2 am.
    • Bars cannot serve beer after 2 AM.
    • Bars must close before 4 AM.
    • Grocers and convenience stores can only sell 3.0% beer.
    • You cannot buy liquor on a Sunday, or legal holiday.

Hell, tattoo parlors were JUST LEGALIZED in November...tattoo parlors were legally considered "immoral."

The point is, in a free country, I should be free to buy liquor whenever I want, or cover my whole freakin body with tattoos of dolphins raping porcupines for that matter. But the X-Tian lobby thinks otherwise, and they have lots of money to spend...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

In Oklahoma,
    Not all of that is on moral grounds, though. Some of that is due to the fact that when people drink after a certain hour, there are more accidents. The same reason they have legal age of drinking laws.

Hell, tattoo parlors were JUST LEGALIZED in November...tattoo parlors were legally considered "immoral."
    Well, I for one don't think tattoos are immoral, but it is kindof sad seeing all the people around Seattle who have to cover up their tattoos at work because they are a huge distraction.

People are kindof going nutso these days with tattoos and piercings, and I've known enough people who needed surgery for scar revision due to elongated earlobes and other kinds of piercings, that it isn't such a bad idea to limit such things a bit, just to save people from themselves.

But yeah, banning it on so-called 'moral' grounds isn't so great. Humans underneath their clothes are just animals after all, and without sex there wouldn't be any people, so what's wrong with that? Nothing ... except religion made people think it's bad.

Although, given the state of a lot of people's bodies these days, it's better they keep some clothes on, especially as they get older, just so everybody else doesn't have to vomit all day.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Not all of that is on moral grounds, though. Some of that is due to the fact that when people drink after a certain hour, there are more accidents. The same reason they have legal age of drinking laws.
    I understand that, but nevertheless...If an 18 year old can die for his country, he should be able to buy a beer first.

I understand that, but nevertheless...If an 18 year old can die for his country, he should be able to buy a beer first.
    No, because you have to understand something. They've done studies that the brain's risk mechanism isn't fully developed at 18, in fact not until 21 or something, which accounts for the risk taking behavior before 21.

So that's very bad for people drinking and driving, because it causes a lot of accidents.

However, it is GREAT for soldiers because they won't be so worried about going and getting shot up or doing something stupid like signing a long term contract into the military.

So bottom line is ... 18 is fine for getting shot up. Not so fine for legal drinking.

"Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    In Oklahoma,
    You cannot buy wine or liquor after 9 PM.
    You cannot buy beer after 2 am.
    Bars cannot serve beer after 2 AM.
    Bars must close before 4 AM.
    Grocers and convenience stores can only sell 3.0% beer.
    You cannot buy liquor on a Sunday, or legal holiday."

The last part of my post was intended more as humor than political commentary (keep in mind I'm in NY and may not realise how bad it is elsewhere).

I would hate that myself. It's like you have to keep a schedule on when you can buy liquor. Point taken. Here you wouldn't think that there were any liquor laws in place at all. Anyone can buy it anytime. I ran into the supermarket (no liquor before noon) rule once. In all honesty I do think it's stupid. I was on my way to someones house and was annoyed as he.ll that I couldn't bring liquor as a gift......and it was almost noon as I remember. The sun. morning rule goes back to people showing up drunk to Church. Probably a few hundred years ago. Totally irrelevant today. There's nothing safer that I can see about not being able to buy alcolol on Sun morning as opposed to any other time of the week.

Cool

True that he need not apologize for having faith in his religion teachings.

Well, I think JDK spreads himself too thin arguing for his faith on 3 different threads. BTW, I don't believe his "apology" is sincere anyway. Beside why would he think people are upset with him on a public forum? I have always believe that there's nothing personal in debating on a public forum such as this one. I offered a rebuttal on his claim about the "unique" and divineness of Jesus and he bailed ( I think he burned out trying to get his bearings on 3 different threads). Good for him to take the easy route out.

Here's my rebuttal:

Quote:
    <<<Let it simply be said the we know more about the details of the hours immediately before and the actual death of Jesus, in and near Jerusalem, than we know about the death of any other one man in all the ancient world" (Page 360).>>>

The exact same "truth" (circumstances and all) can be said about General Guan/Kwan whom btw was reportedly saw both by his enemies and many common folks after he was executed by his enemy. So why is General Guan's worship is considered cult thing and the Jesus cult isn't? Why the GD double standard?

Everything that has been presented are no more than circumstantial evidence at best and pure speculations and conjectures in reality. But you have the right to have faith and believe whatever the heck you want. The only thing is that don't hold the GD holier than thou double standard attitude and claiming circumstantial evidences as proofs and facts. Becareful of what kind of water you are walking on, it can drown you just as quickly as it can float you.

Oh one more thing, to say that your God is the only true GOD means that you MUST acknowledge the existence of other Gods first. It's all relative - Yin Yang. Otherwise there is no need for that kind of a statement.

Mantis108
    BTW, the same can also be true for Taiwanese Dog temple. No offense to the Christian faith but People saw the loyal dog (supposedly resurrected) and help other people then they build temples for it. Now I wonder what the theology savvy folks can correct and enlighten me about the difference their faith holds? If there is a reasonable arguement of it, I will accept.

Personally, I have nothing again Christian theology but please don't be biased and apply double standard when arguing for your faith.

Anyhoo, I think looking out for one of your brothers is one thing but bending backward to back him up is another. If this is a debate on other faiths or cult (ie Falungung), the original poster would be teared to pieces by the Christian believers inside or outside this kind of forum. I just have no stomach for that kind of hypocracy (no offense just expressing my feelings).

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    well they only got that from ancient empires. Greece, Rome, Persia, China. they just filled the void afterwards.
    Actually it's a direct effect of the spread of the Christian church through the Roman empire. A large part of the success of the Roman empire was down to their smooth assimilation of conquered peoples. A large part of this was a slight restructuring of their faith and culture to fit within the roman model. Rather than sweeping away the old practices, they just made them Roman, so the classic British example is that the goddess Sulis became Sulis-Minerva.
    The Roman Church followed this successful example, rather than upsetting people and saying "no, you can't have a festival anymore", they said "here, have a slightly different festival at the same sort of time"
    It always makes me laugh when people go "Easter was a pagan festival" like it's some big secret or somehow significant. It's eminently practical, swap one festival of renewal for another.
    When it comes to absorbing folk beliefs into Christianity, yes there is some of it, but to be honest most of it has faded away now and only really survived in little festival idiosyncrasies and cultural superstitions (which most practising Christians frown upon anyway), whereas integrated folk beliefs are highly significant in some branches of Islam and Buddhism.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

In Oklahoma,

The point is, in a free country, I should be free to buy liquor whenever I want, or cover my whole freakin body with tattoos of dolphins raping porcupines for that matter. But the X-Tian lobby thinks otherwise, and they have lots of money to spend...

ineurope and some places here in the uk
    24 hour drinking is allowed from 18 and it is shown to cause less problems as people dont have to scramble to get drunk before last orders (11pm)
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Tell you what Fred, come and spend a Friday or Saturday night at work with me and learn the truth of that
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk