Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

JDK,
    I was going to support your views until your linked to Chick Publications. You're on your own.

PS Guys, The Christians didn't have a corner on mass murder over the last 2 thousands years, and it looks like the Muslim world is currently going for the record.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Matthew Chapter 7

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Jesus tells us the fate of these kind of "Christians". He calls us to a life of love and service. Anyone who stands before Him at the White Throne Judgement and claims they couldn't accept the sacrifice of Jesus because of hypocrits, will have that argument rejected.

When we look at people, we will be angry and disappointed. When we look to Jesus we will see what holiness is all about.
    Figure Eight

OH for FUK SAKE People lets keep the Holy Rolling quoting of scripture out of the discussion.

It always sends waves of nausea over me when there is a discussion,ANY discussion, and then there is the typical "Well, JESUS says........"

im reminded of the EF Hutton insurance commercials where there is a superficial discussion going on and then out of the blue the other guy says "Well E. F. Hutton says" and then the whole resteraunt stops what they are doing to listen "when EF Hutton Talks, People Listen".

Maybe GENE can set some rules about religious prosalitizing here on the forum???

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Christains & Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    OH for FUK SAKE People lets keep the Holy Rolling quoting of scripture out of the discussion.

It always sends waves of nausea over me when there is a discussion,ANY discussion, and then there is the typical "Well, JESUS says........"

im reminded of the EF Hutton insurance commercials where there is a superficial discussion going on and then out of the blue the other guy says "Well E. F. Hutton says" and then the whole resteraunt stops what they are doing to listen "when EF Hutton Talks, People Listen".

Maybe GENE can set some rules about religious prosalitizing here on the forum???

Peace,TWS
    Again..it OK to quote Buddah, Confusious,Lao.....but the name of Jesus is reacted to with anger and a request to ban it ????? Why?
    I am not prosalitizing ANYONE on this site.
    I am trying to figure things out becaue of a conflict in my mind concerning something I love and the God I serve.

Why do you feel nausea at the mention of "Jesus Says".... no one is forcing you to believe or adhere to His teachings.

Most Oriental Priests, Monks, and Masters agree that Jesus was at least a great teacher.

Maybe look within to find WHY this name bothers you so much...and IF you feel like it...lets have a rational . brief discussion on what has caused you to feel this way. THEN we can get back to Talking Martial Arts!

Thats why I am here~

Sincerely JDK
    Seeker Of Truth.......................
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Christains & Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    JDK,
    I was going to support your views until your linked to Chick Publications. You're on your own.

PS Guys, The Christians didn't have a corner on mass murder over the last 2 thousands years, and it looks like the Muslim world is currently going for the record.
    I am sorry rogue that you disagree with Jack Chick.
    His is just one opinion, from his perspective.

My main point in my threads was to make sure to point out a difference between the first Century Disciples...and the coming to power of the Roman Catholic Church in about 325 AD.

Christianity as a State Religion ordered by Constintine...had little in common with the teachings and practices of Jesus, the 12 Disciples after his ressurection and the First Century Church

Most Catholics I know are good people...who up until 1957 were NEVER encouraged to read the Bilbe for themselves...and had MASS recited to them in Latin while the Priest Turned his back to them.

[b]I lay the blame at the Vatican's Door....not the millions of catholics who are only doing what they are taught. The Pope's and Vatican have mislead their followers in my opinion..and are as much a Political Force as a Relgion.

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION...which combined with 75 cents...will get you a cup if Coffee.

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Why do you feel nausea at the mention of "Jesus Says".... no one is forcing you to believe or adhere to His teachings.
    I have an issue with ANY religion that pontificates and prosalitizes its rhetoric in a self riteous indignant way. It gets shoved right in your face in this country and i am sick and fuking tired of it(as im sure many others are as well). Plus when ever i hear the "well Jesus says..." comment in discussions it makes me think that the person saying it has no real thought of his/her own. Its like they are allowing scripture to do the thinking for them, just like FASCISM and COMMUNISM and even CAPITLIST idealism has done the thinking for many in the past and present.

I am trying to figure things out becaue of a conflict in my mind concerning something I love and the God I serve.
    Well then why bring the religious rantings HERE where you are going to get the perverbial smackdown because we are all tired of hearing it. why not just seek counsel from your minister since it is he/she that would be able to better give advice. Just seems like it is another feeble attempt at the religious rite to "spread the BS...uhh excuse me WORD".

Most Oriental Priests, Monks, and Masters agree that Jesus was at least a great teacher.
    And they say that to get the christians off their BACKS. They acknowledge in a humble way that yes yes Jesus was a great teacher, they acknowledge the influence the teachings has had on people(positive AND Negative mind you) and then they Move on.

Maybe look within to find WHY this name bothers you so much...and IF you feel like it...lets have a rational . brief discussion on what has caused you to feel this way. THEN we can get back to Talking Martial Arts!

Thats why I am here~
    It is Obvious that the Thread you started was a Bait tactic for you to start spouting and touting,and you got a couple of others here to join the bandwagon. Its like you could not just start a thread on religion because they have started in these forums before and the dialogue winds up the same everytime(like the SD threads). This thread isnt any different. If you want to get back to talking MARTIAL ARTS then Talk Martial ARTS. Leave the religion out of it.
    There are connected philosophical issues regarding martial arts that DO NOT encroach the boundaries of ones own personal spiritual views and ideals and we discuss them here and in other sections of this website.
    Look i got no truck with what a man believes in his heart regarding matters of the spirit, SO AS LONG AS I DONT HAVE TO HAVE IT PUSHED IN MY FACE. I keep my spirituality very PRIVATE and WITHIN(where i feel it needs to be, because THAT is where it has the most benefit to MYSELF AND OTHERS). There you have it.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Wow, if that is not the perfect example of what the far left is all about. You don't like what you read, it may offend someone, so you want the big government to step in and protect your eyes.

Don't worry Jesus loves you.

Its called seperation of church and state. Deal with it BJ. TWS

why? if it's relevant to the discussion, it should be here, and perhaps you shouldn't be.

see above response about relevance.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

It is Obvious that the Thread you started was a Bait tactic for you to start spouting and touting,and you got a couple of others here to join the bandwagon. Its like you could not just start a thread on religion because they have started in these forums before and the dialogue winds up the same everytime(like the SD threads). This thread isnt any different. If you want to get back to talking MARTIAL ARTS then Talk Martial ARTS. Leave the religion out of it.
    it this thread was indeed bait, you sure as h3ll took it, hook, line and sinker...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Maybe look within to find WHY this name bothers you so much...and IF you feel like it...lets have a rational .
    1. Your God's name is all over my money.
    2. I have to mention your God when I recite the pledge of allegiance to my country.
    3. I have to spend 6 weeks every year (between X-Mas, Easter, Good Friday, Lint, Ash Wednesday) observing your God.
    4. Every time I attend a school function, they force a prayer to your God (even though A) that violates separation of Church and State and B) I'm allowed to pray quietly to my own God if I choose )
    5. My tax money funds exclusionary programs like Fellowship of Xtian Athletes.
    6. Lawsuits have to be continually filed to keep your God's presence minimized in publically-funded schools and court houses
    7. I can't buy liquor on Sundays or holidays because you think no one should be allowed to drink on your God's rest day
    8. Stores open late and close early on Sunday because that's your God's day of rest.

That's a partial list, and I didn't even mention firebombing abortion clinics.

I can continue if you'd like.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-31-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Actually, Paul pretty much says Christians shouldn't get married at all, unless they can't control themselves, in which case it is better to be married than fornicate.

http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/1c...rinthians7.htm

This quote is one of the best in the entire Bible, IMHO:

"Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek a separation. Are you free of a wife? Then do not look for a wife. If you marry, however, you do not sin, nor does an unmarried woman sin if she marries; but such people will experience affliction in their earthly life, and I would like to spare you that."

I used to use it every time my parents bothered me about getting married.

He's not saying don't marry. He's saying that you shouldn't marry if you know you aren't ready for it. Also, christians are told not to seek a partner. God will send one to you. seeking one is may be the reason divorce rate is so high.

the bible also says that he who finds a good woman has found a joyous thing. In addition, the 7th and 10th commandments pertain to marriage.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    1. Your God's name is all over my money.
    2. I have to mention your God when I recite the pledge of allegiance to my country.
    3. I have to spend 6 weeks every year (between X-Mas, Easter, Good Friday, Lint, Ash Wednesday) observing your God.
    4. Every time I attend a school function, they force a prayer to your God (even though A) that violates separation of Church and State and B) I'm allowed to pray quietly to my own God if I choose )
    5. Lawsuits have to be continually filed to keep your God's presence minimized in publically-funded schools and court houses
    6. I can't buy liquor on Sundays or holidays because you think no one should be allowed to drink on your God's rest day
    7. Stores open late and close early on Sunday because that's your God's day of rest.

That's a partial list, and I didn't even mention firebombing abortion clinics.

I can continue if you'd like.
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. Not too much more to say here, other than:

0wn3d!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I defy this notion on the grounds that it is completely immoral and stagnant.
    I understand what you're saying here, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate - immoral to whom? Here you have a group of people with a common goal - making it to their heaven. If talking you you is counterproductive to that, as you are a satanist, then why should they associate with you? Prejudice can be considered immoral, but they do have a reason for this "immorality"

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

if this thread was indeed bait, you sure as h3ll took it, hook, line and sinker...
    Well the big fish that they think they are reeling in is just another Tire at the bottom of the lake that will eventually break their line.

Peace,TWS