Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

buddha said: work out your own salvation with diligence
    jesus cannot "save" anyone--the individual has to initiate the "salvation" process
    i cannot erase anyone's karma, i can only work for my own benefit or harm
    all the preachers in the world cannot do anything to influence what happens to another human being after that human being passes from this life. the individual's own actions only will determine his or her fate.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    OMG. Is that a joke? From the video alone, I might've thought it was tongue in cheek, but the rest of the sight looks legit.

Oh boy a christian martial arts union. I have visions of Tent revivals where boys between 18-23 are breaking boards for tha lord. I also have visions of the "Power team", Remember those guys? They came to Austin once and i think they were laughed right out of town. They were these steroid hopped up junkie gym rats who would rip apart phone books and break ice over their head and other things and shout out things like " the power of the lord the power of the word, etc etc etc.
    To combine martial arts with christianity like it is some decent amalgamation is really quite suprising to me. Christianity has this message of "Turn the other cheek" and then goes to say " and eye for an eye"(great contradiction there dont ya think?) Jesus teaches love and basically loving your enemy and then John the baptist is all hell fire and brimstone.

There are many glaring contradictions to a persons religious life and their normal everday life and it seems to me that when you profess to be a good christian and wear that faith on your sleeve for everyone to see and THEN you mix in fighting arts to further your hypocracy,LOL,it just makes one look more like a fool and i have to sit back and chuckle at it all.
    Yes you have a right to start whatever organization you wish and go forth with it in any manner you choose. But please people lets throw some common sense in to the mix here and make the religious part of your life a private one and not wear it on your sleeve for all to see. I would think that if you are a hardcore martial artist and you profess to be a christian then i think you are cheating christianty. Of course who really follows their faith to a "T"? anyone anyone?

are you part of an organization of religion because you really have a deep level faith or are you just like most who blindly follow something because that is what everyone else follows, or maybe you had it shoved down your throat at an early age and you are imprisioned within the context of your own upbringing? Or maybe its the "Cool" thing to say that "Hey i love god and love Jesus". Who are you kidding?
    So can you really mix a faith and a religion such as christianity with that of chinese taoist or japanese zen fighting arts? seems to me that you are also cheating the art you study by only utilizing the parts in fighting that you like to suit yourself, just as you might utilize the parts of the religion you follow and discard everything else.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

"........if an impostor was crucified and the original was pardoned"

Well, now I know what the next movie will be.

"I dont have to agree with your views..but they dont anger or annoy me. Have you considered my earlier post asking WHY the mention of Jesus, the God of the Bible is so offensive, when tolerance is the battle cry of the day? Why is it OK to be anything...OTHER than a Christian ???? "

In general, in my experience, people who are not religious have some sort of vendetta against it. I mean, if I don't like ice cream, for instance, I don't necessarily hate it. For non-believers, religion is usually a conspiracy, mind control, evil, a hoax.....etc. But I agree with you that Christianity is picked on more than the other religions.

"There is no video tape of any of it, nothing but a written account that could easily have been fabricated or doctored especially since it has been shown historically to date many years after the supposed life of the person you are writing about."

I was taught that the Apostles did not write the gospels until they were in their old age probably because of the realization that the second coming was not going to happen anytime soon and therefore the "news" had to be recorded and passed down. And, I know for a fact that they didn't have video cameras back then

"I had to endure years of this hypocritical crap growing up."

Look, I wouldn't blame any religion based on the misrepresentation of it by men throughout history up until today. That's a superficial reason to me. Like judging Islam by a few terrorists. Men will corrupt organizations, parents can be hipocrites, priests can sin. I think you have to look past that.

Also, I wanna say thanx to those who responded to my questions above.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Look, I wouldn't blame any religion based on the misrepresentation of it by men throughout history up until today. That's a superficial reason to me. Like judging Islam by a few terrorists. Men will corrupt organizations, parents can be hipocrites, priests can sin. I think you have to look past that.
    Last I checked, nowhere in nature or the universe is there written a Bible. Religion is a complete and utter fabrication by men, for men, of men, used by men, etc.

So I'm sorry if I label people who claim to follow a religion hypocrites if they don't actually follow it, but that label fits pretty well. There is no 'pure' religion. It's a fabrication of people.

And I've only met a couple of Christians who even seem to make an attempt at following the Gospels. Therefore, I think that the majority of Christians are hypocrites.

enabling of solid theologically conservative Christians to associate themselves with a truly Christ exalting martial arts organization without being yoked together with unbelievers and unbelieving philosophies.
    That's from GMAU.org, the website you first listed, JKD. Tell me, how is that not trying to act superior? Get this; the only purpose of the quoted sentence is so that other people view you as a christian right off the bat, and won't "yoke you together" with "unbelievers." Well, despite the total arrogance of this, why would any true Christian care what other people think? God knows you're a Christian, right? Or are you really just trying to prove your faith to other mortals...

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    That's from GMAU.org, the website you first listed, JKD. Tell me, how is that not trying to act superior? Get this; the only purpose of the quoted sentence is so that other people view you as a christian right off the bat, and won't "yoke you together" with "unbelievers." Well, despite the total arrogance of this, why would any true Christian care what other people think? God knows you're a Christian, right? Or are you really just trying to prove your faith to other mortals...
    He wants to feel 'special' and he's in the 'ministry' so he has to gain followers (that's what the ministry is, is trying to brainwash other people).

If he kept to himself he wouldn't be 'ministering'.

Lungushan, I don't have any problem with what you believe....you don't have to be sorry.

My only point was not to let superficial reasons cloud your (or anyone's) viewpoint because you'd be doing yourself a disservice. There are tons of A-holes in martial arts are there not.

"He wants to feel 'special' and he's in the 'ministry' so he has to gain followers (that's what the ministry is, is trying to brainwash other people)."

If this discussion doesn't stay civil then it will become pointless and you'll all be wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Lungushan, I don't have any problem with what you believe....you don't have to be sorry.

My only point was not to let superficial reasons cloud your (or anyone's) viewpoint because you'd be doing yourself a disservice. There are tons of A-holes in martial arts are there not.

"He wants to feel 'special' and he's in the 'ministry' so he has to gain followers (that's what the ministry is, is trying to brainwash other people)."

If this discussion doesn't stay civil then it will become pointless and you'll all be wasting your time.
    It's not superficial or being uncivil. Given the evidence, one can only assume that the reason JDK brought this discussion on here was to recruit others or somehow put down CMA. Otherwise he wouldn't have brought the stuff of 'the enemy', etc., up here.

Given the fact that he's in the 'ministry' as he put it, one can only assume that he is recruiting.

I'd say the same thing to people putting up pro military propaganda. In fact, there is a lot of evidence that rogue is likely a military recruiter but unfortunately there's not enough evidence to pin him to it yet -- unlike JDK he has not posted a website.

Christian Martial Arts Union is for ****s plain and simple.

"The Enemy" is a proper noun for Satan, Lucifer, the Devil, the fallen archangel of the worship angels who wants to bring about the destruction of mankind. For someone who doesn't believe in him, the whole notion is ridiculous.

For those who do believe that he exists, the conviction is deeply held and unshakable.

Even for those who despise Christians, to understand them, that other person must perceive that the Christian hates what Lucifer tries to do to them and to other people. A true Christian desires that others life a life free of the horrible things that Satan doess. It is a form of love.

It is good to understand the beliefs and motivations of those who disagree with us. This understanding can lead to a more productive dialogue.
    Figure Eight

Quote Originally Posted by qiphlow View Post
    buddha said: work out your own salvation with diligence
    jesus cannot "save" anyone--the individual has to initiate the "salvation" process
    i cannot erase anyone's karma, i can only work for my own benefit or harm
    all the preachers in the world cannot do anything to influence what happens to another human being after that human being passes from this life. the individual's own actions only will determine his or her fate.
    Technically, jesus does do the saving. the only initiation process is asking him to save you. Once that is done, you are forgiven for everything. Provided that you repent, you are also forgiven of all future deeds as well. The bible has several people who engaged in very sinful activity, yet the bible says they died as holy men. One of them was sleeping with his daughter, if I remember right.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Wink

I was hoping for vids of whip the money changers fu.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I can't remember, but I think I touched on this elsewhere. Christians are not supposed to put themselves in a position to associate with "worldy" people, particularly within marriage - "be ye not equally yoked in the spirit." I guess in a sense you can look at it as superiority complex, as christians are supposed to associate with fellow christians, and hopefully convert non-christians to christianity. It's not so much about caring what others think, but protection of the soul. If you are in pursuit of a holy life, living by the Word, what benefit do you get from hanging around atheists? None. They cannot help you live a more godly lifestyle. They may be more inclined to engage in activities that a christian should not. THAT is why there is a delineation.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter