Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Christian Martial Arts Union

suppose it varies form pace to place

things have gotten quite a bit better up here

i'l give u the benefit of the doubt tho
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    well I like to believe that humans were genetically engineered by a race of aliens from sirius--just read chariots of the gods and you will see the light...

Reply]
    Agreed. Although, we may be an early colony of thiers, and not know it too. That would explain how early civilisations had such knowledge, and understanding of herbal medicine accupunture and accupressure.

I mean, how did a technically primitave society figure out accupunture anyway? It had to have been taught to them by a superior intelect, or a more advanced civalisation, someone with the advanced (even beyond our current) technology to plot and map the human nervious system, and also had the technical means to identify all the acupunture points and study their effects in a discaplined and scientific way to created a functional medicinal system.

Think about it. Back in ancient time, there was no mass comminucation, so the disvoveries of a point, and it's use could not be shared on a wide spread scale, yet somehow a really deep and inclusive system of accupuncture and herbal healing developed under those condititons?

Look what it takes to get a modern drug to the market, all the clinical testing and such, and the amount of science it takes to figure it all out. It's on a scale that is absolutly geometric compared to what the Chinese had 10,000 years ago.

i reckon accupuncture like most inventions
    probably cam out of early humans trying to figure out new ways of killing each other

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    ineurope and some places here in the uk
    24 hour drinking is allowed from 18 and it is shown to cause less problems as people dont have to scramble to get drunk before last orders (11pm)
    People don't drive as much in the UK and Europe as in the U.S. The distances between places also isn't as great and there's much better mass transit. Also I would venture people are taught to be a little more mature in Europe. Not in Britain of course where people still get into fistfights and stuff all the time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    People don't drive as much in the UK and Europe as in the U.S. The distances between places also isn't as great and there's much better mass transit. Also I would venture people are taught to be a little more mature in Europe. Not in Britain of course where people still get into fistfights and stuff all the time. LOL
    thats true people here in manchester are nice but really (and i mean really) violent

and u know the strange thing
    traditional wepons training is completely valid here as loads of people own katanas and broadswords and what not

By Mantis:

Well, I think JDK spreads himself too thin arguing for his faith on 3 different threads. ...........he bailed ( I think he burned out trying to get his bearings on 3 different threads). Good for him to take the easy route out.

In my opinion it was the intelligent way out. At what point do you realise that a debate is a waste of time-especially with people you don't know and who aren't exactly authorities on the subject. To me faith, by it's very nature, is not debatable.

By Mantis:

"Oh one more thing, to say that your God is the only true GOD means that you MUST acknowledge the existence of other Gods first. It's all relative - Yin Yang. Otherwise there is no need for that kind of a statement."

Wrong. It only means that you acknowledge that the belief in false gods exists. Like if youre worshiping a head of lettuce and I believe it's not a real god.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    "I want to talk Martial Arts from now on...so I will restrict my posts
    To that Subject. Anything else...feel free to send me a Private Message"

I, for one, am surprised that you don't think a Kung-fu forum is a good place to discuss theology.

Seriously, youre right and I agree. JKD you don't owe anyone here any apology especially to people who mis-represent facts and spread lies to try to debunk your religion (where's their apology? where's the "I'm sorry for lying" from them). It's just the truth. Funny how they have no problem accepting your apology though.

"Again...sorry to have stirred up so much hostility and controversy...that was"

Don't kid yourself. The hostility was already there and you know it. The same people who bash Christianity wouldn't dare open their mouths about any other faith. I admire you for calming the thread down and realising that the debate is pointless.

"MK, where are you located?

I thought Georgia was the only state with this ridiculous law."

For those who cant wait til' afternoon to get drunk on a Sun I have a unique idea.....try buying youre booze on a Sat night. It's not like we don't live in the age of 24 hour stores on every corner. Or maybe a few days earlier. I don't think liquor is gonna go bad by Sun. morning if you buy it a week before. If you need any other help understanding that concept please let me know.
    I don't drink....every couple of months I have a glass of wine. Alcohol can take your training down by weeks, even months, when you're in peak condition....plus, I think it turns people into animals. Sorry guys.... Tea is much, much better. But I dont' see why somebody shouldn't be able to buy it on Sunday if they can buy it every other day. Why not Sunday? Oh, Sunday is God's day......well, as for separation of church and state---there's a contradiction in LAW....AMERICAN LAW...or don't you think the constition should be upheld? Or, upheld only in benefit to Christian dogma?

I don't owe Christianity an apology, and it doesn't owe me one. But I have full right to kick its ****ing azz every time I encounter it. I didn't choose religion. My parents and their parents, and the church pushed me into it. Parents do have major sway over children, and the church knows it, so they condition children in Christian traditions, philosophy, and mores. I contended with these my entire life. they made me miserable and made me hate humanity. I still (eight years out of the church) have to deal with these issues (hence--it's not going overboard to call it brainwashing).

So **** Christianity. I'll berate it till I die. I don't hate Christians, but I do hate their M.O.---make everyone like us. Salvation is not one size fits all. And some of us don't believe in salvation. Enlightenment, more like it. And I do think Islam is a sham, as well as judiaism, as well as religious Buddhism (fanatical theolgoical buddhism), and religious Taoism (w/ a pantheon of gods and the focus on immortality). As for philosophical Buddhism and Taoism....I agree 100%. Like MA, relgion is best when stripped of superstition, gods, and all that ethereal bull****.

IF relgion were soooo true, it would be self-evident. But Christianity is not. it has to be taught. The essence of its philsophy is self-evident. but it's theology, morality, and history is not.

Hence, it is not true. Truths are self-evident. They are demonstrable. Christianity cannot be demonstrated. Kindness can. Charity can. But they're not exclusive to Christianity. I'm an atheist, and I'm kind, and I'm charitable. Religion made me miserable. Atheism stripped away those illusions and helped me become a better person.

Funny how that works. People are people now, not possible converts, or ****ed for eternity heathens.

Wookie.........Youre entitled to your opinion, that's all I can say. So Good Luck with all that.

If I had all the free time in the world I wouldn't debate it extensively. There are better things to do. Like I said above.....

"In my opinion it was the intelligent way out. At what point do you realise that a debate is a waste of time-especially with people you don't know and who aren't exactly authorities on the subject. To me faith, by it's very nature, is not debatable. "

True......but sometimes talking about our own religious experiences is therapeutic for ourselves, as well. I think I derive the most benefit from my needless ranting (oh, and I know I'm out of line half the time ) . I never get the opportunity to talk constructively with people. My family is uber-religoius, with two pastors in it, my girlfriend's catholic......whenever I want to talk religion, people just roll their eyes....like, oh man, here come's the bull.... Here, on a web-board, it's less personal.

And since this is the thread where we're airing out our religious grievances....

What's everyone's take on this?

http://www.leftbehindgames.com/

I saw that part while I was in Best Buy:

"Conduct physical & spiritual warfare : using the power of prayer to strengthen your troops in combat and wield modern military weaponry throughout the game world. "

WTF????!!!!

I thought it was hilarious. The whole "Left Behind" phenomenon is extraordinarily popular in the religious community (the pastors in my family read them vigorously...but my attempts to get them to read Twain's "Captain Stormfield's visit to Heaven" were met with....I don't know what you might call it...maybe...amusement). To be honest though, I've never read the Left Behind books. My cousins forced me to watch the movie (They actually tackled me and held me down [and some of them are rather weighty, if you get my drift] when I tried to turn it off three times or so.) It was baaaaaad. Really bad.

That Left Behind crap supernaturalizes religion worse than anything. It, more than any other production, seems to take religion into the realm of evangelical malarkey than any other.....

But it would be cool to use prayer to slay the Demon Horde, utilizing modern military weaponry when it didn't do anything to stop the Demons from spreading their evil germ, that is......

"Conduct warfare using the power of PRAYER and WORSHIP as more powerful weapons than guns." (But not more powerful than my kung fu, beeyatch!!!)

"Control more than 30 units types - from Prayer Warrior and Worship Leaders to Spies, Special Forces and Battle Tanks!"

"Play multiplayer games with the Tribulation Forces or the AntiChrist's Global Community Peacekeepers with up to eight players via LAN or over the Internet!"

Hell, I'd pick the AntiChrist's Global Comm. Peacekeepers (sounds more likeable than Tribulation Forces anyways, plus I'm sure they have cooler abilities and powers, and cooler demon summoning) just to **** with these kids.

I feel sorry for these kids. They can't play cooler online games? Parents lament the needless violence in shooters/RPG's......but isn't this spiritually-engendered violence in video games even worse? Violence with a message? The only game I ever learned anything from a game was Metal Gear Solid: sons of liberty....and it was after I broke 50,000 necks as a government spook. It made a strange leap into metaphysics that got me thinking about Descartes. At least it didn't tell me I was breaking necks to forward the cause for Christ....

If we're going to give kids something cool to play with, why not a Salem Sims: World of Witchcraft? Hell, they could join the NeoInquisition and "extrapolate" information from witches and the Demonic forces of the Enemy by means of "prayer"....or modern military weaponry.....whichever does the deed?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-17-2007 at 08:15 AM.

Post Christianty & The Martial Arts

Shaolin Wookie..oyu asked for opinions.....

And since this is the thread where we're airing out our religious grievances....

What's everyone's take on this?

http://www.leftbehindgames.com/

There are 3 main schools of thought and interpretation on the Second Coming of Jesus.

1)Intpretation #1 and most popular The Lord will supernaturally take away all true born-again christians from the planet...just prior to a seven year Period the Bible calls The Great Trbulation
    This intepretaton states that Jesus comes invisbley in the air and his children are
    taken up to Heaven. 1 Thessalonians 4 is the most popular "proof text for this position
    [i]4:13
    But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are dead, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

4:14
    For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

4:15
    For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are dead.

4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

4:18
    Wherefore comfort one another with these words

2)Intepretation #2, less popular The true believers will have to go through the first 3/12 years of the Tribulation..THEN be raptured ( taken to Heaven suddenly)

Re 11:7
    And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Re 13:7
    And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

3) Intepretation # 3...waaaaay less Popular.. True Believers go through the entire seven year Great Tribulation Period under the Global Dominance of the Anti-Christ ( called the Beast in the Bible) and most are killed for their refusal to recant their faith in Christ.

Daniel 7:25
    And he( the AntiChrist) shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 13:3
    And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered (5681) after the beast.

13:4
    And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

13:5
    And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

13:6
    And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

13:7
    And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

13:8
    And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

http://www.eternalforces.com/characters.aspx

1st guy: "Do NOT alienate them – and for heaven’s sake – do not attack them. Things will likely get crazy on the streets really fast – be careful, and mindful of your goal. " HAHAHA....sounds like this forum.

Special Abilities: None

That's friggin' cold, dude. No special abilities? How about the power of disbelief? Can't even fart and light it on fire?

"Doctor (Level 3 Healer)

Special Abilities: Pray, Heal, Emergency, Cure Disease

Doctors are superb medical experts, ready to heal any physical injuries and cure disease caused by a lack of food. "

They've got all these spiritual warriors....WTF do they need a doctor for????!!!

"Influencer (Level 2 Recruiter)

Special Abilities: Swear, Recruit, Super Sight, Set Rally

The Influencer can call upon limited, local GC resources to provide details on the neighborhood – finding enemy & Neutral forces, as well as viewing the entire map briefly. "

Well, swearing is pretty cool, but I didn't know it was a special ability......I just thought it was...well, swearing. Little did I know I was a Lvl. 1 Influencer.

"Band Member (Level 2 Musician)

Special Abilities: Swear, Play

Band Members and Recording Artists are always willing to play their latest hit for you, even if you don’t want to hear it. "

I swear to you, I'm not making this **** up.....this is priceless!!!! Man, **** it!!! I'm buying this ****!!!!!!
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-17-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Missed the point, but please reply again.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    I didn't mean, what's your opinion on the rapture....

I meant, what's your opinion of "Left Behind" and this new video game?

As for that quote above: I'm learning a Leopard form on March 9th, and I have pretty good rooting, but more like a tiger. My mouth is always lyin', at least, that's what people tell me. I have a staff form called "Entwine the Dragon".....

I know what I'm up against, come the rapture. My kung fu is greater than the beast's......and I didn't even whip out my kwan dao yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    In my opinion it was the intelligent way out. At what point do you realise that a debate is a waste of time-especially with people you don't know and who aren't exactly authorities on the subject. To me faith, by it's very nature, is not debatable.
    faith is not debatable; religion is.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

religion and its prescribed dogma or set of beliefs is the entire foundation and reason for faiths existence, so by your own logic faith is questionable.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

i gotta add that alot of people, including me dont view faith as having this transcendent, unquestionable, intellectually imcomprehensibly quality to it. i personally see it as irrationality, safeguarded by unprovable ideals. no offense.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Post Christianty & The Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    i gotta add that alot of people, including me dont view faith as having this transcendent, unquestionable, intellectually imcomprehensibly quality to it. i personally see it as irrationality, safeguarded by unprovable ideals. no offense.
    If I may ask FuXnDajenariht, Shaolin Wookie,golden arhat ,
    and Royal Dragon ...what is your opinion on how we as human beings came to be?

I of course dont mean our parents..I am talking about the Creation of Earth, The Universe and human life...with all our uniqueness. How did "nothing" become "something" no matter how long ago it happened.

In short....who is the Creator of all things?

Earth is exactley the right distance from the Sun for our bodies living conditions.

Man is a thinking, rational, emotional, spiritual being,capable of much good &evil

Compared to every other Planet our High Powered Telescopes are able to see and send probes to.....Earth is a Blue, Living Water covered Planet teaming with Life!

Opinions ?

JDK
    Last edited by JDK; 02-18-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [