Thread: Houston Shaolin - Shi Xing Hao: Anyone training under him?

Houston Shaolin - Shi Xing Hao: Anyone training under him?

i just started classes with Shi Xing Hao and was wondering if anyone else here trains with him as well. I'm really enjoying the classes.

Xinghao is an old friend

Here's my cover story on him from our 1999 December issue: More Martial Monks!. It's rather dated now.

Xinghao is mentioned in my book, Shaolin Trips, Matt Polly's book, American Shaolin, and the PBS documentary, Shaolin Ulysses. He has also appeared in a few other feature articles in our magazine over the years.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yep. I Trained under Shi Xing Hao for several years and also enjoyed it very much. There are a handful of us students scattered around here and there who been around the shaolin scene here in Houston since the early days. A few still post here.

I train at Shi Yan Feng's school now in Sugar Land since it is so much closer to home and the class times are just awesome. There are a few monks here in Houston now and I will say they are all good and each have their own style of teaching. I have the utmost respect for all the Shaolin masters here in Houston. Good luck with your training!

I have personally never trained with him, but I know him, he and my Master are brothers, he is a very nice guy. Welcome to the Houston Shaolin scene, or should I say the Texas Shaolin scene.

thanks for the good read, gene

the classes are fun and i wish they were longer than an hour and a half...i find myself wanting to be there longer learning, at least an extra hour...hope to meet a couple of ppl on here who train at the same place, i've got a ton of questions

Just posted a vid

We've been posting some highlights from our 10th Anniversary Gala to inspire our upcoming 20th Anniversary.

We just uploaded Xinghao's demo: Shaolin Warrior Monk Shi Xinghao
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart