Thread: Scott's Judo log

Threaded View

Thanks, I like the orthodox Osoto better, but its always good to have the options open.

1/25
    Went to South Hills Judo
    Carl Levy taught the first hour
    Warm Ups
    Ukemi
    Standing Randori:
    My first parter (Rick {not sure of last name}) blackbelt and former olympic alternate who actually lived in the olympic training center in Colorado Springs. He said I wasn't committing enough to my throws.

Next partner Mark's brother (bearded guy). He is short and strong, hard to get anything on him. I got a tani otoshi when he went for a throw.

My last parter was a 16 year old kid who was really stiff. I took it easy on him and dropped him a couple times.

Drills. 14 fits and one throw for:
    Ippon SeoiToshi (I couldn't locate a link for it?)

Morote Seoinage

Tai Otoshi

The Second hour Bobby taught BJJ.

Pendulum sweep from guard: Grap uke's right sleeve, angle to right to underhook uke's left leg, use scissor motion of legs while keeping grip on arm to make sure they can't post.

Then failed sweep to armbar. Just swing left leg over opponents head.

Okay, so you have uke in armbar. Uke decides to stack you. Let go of left leg underhook and get the right leg, keep turning and you end up in a face down armbar.

*The sweep to armbar combo can be used back and forth until you get one*

After this we went over Americana from the mount.

Ne Waza Randori
    Rolled with bearded guy (Mark's Brother). He is another whitebelt. Submitted him once by armbar. Controlled him position wise.

Rolled with Carlos. We went back and forth position wise, no submissions.

Rolled with Mark. Traded positions. He turtled up a few times and I proceeded to try to flaten him out.

Rolled with Bobby. Submitted me with ease. Once by triangle.

Rolled with Randy. He choked me with a collar choke from his guard. He told me if he has a deep grip on one side to protect the other side well. I submitted him once by rear naked, but I think he let me get it.

A good practice.

This week the head Judo instructor wasn't here. This may be due to bad weather. He is the one who wants me to test for yellow belt. I'm kind of happpy because I don't feel I'm completely ready.
    Last edited by bodhitree; 01-25-2007 at 08:48 AM.
    Bless you