Thread: Ni's Eight Precious Gestures

Ni's Eight Precious Gestures

Has anyone here heard about and used Ni's Eight Precious Gestures?

I just want thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Are these the same as The 8 Pieces Of Brocade?

Thanks~

I believe there are some slight differences. But I don't know enough of either one to discuss those differences intelligently.

Can you tell me what you know aobut the 8 brocade? Health benefits?

I know the standing set, from Yang Jwing Ming's lineage, and I have done the sitting set- they are made to be done in the morning, for health. I do know that it's a popular set, and there are quite a few different versions. I also know it's very good for health, and it is very good for regulation, I believe.

I am fairly sure that it was made by a General 1000 years ago for his soldier's health. I'll have to look back in the book - I have Yang Jwing Ming's book, 'The Eight Pieces of Brocade', but I am not sure where it is. I haven't fully read it, yet.

I'll find it, and let you know more.
    I'm sure someone on here can give you much better info - i'm pretty new to the CMA world.

Ah I see...well, I took a Chi Gong class from someone who was versed in Ni Eight Precious Gestures, although we just skimmed over some of the movements...just looking to see if it was worth it before I learned them for myself...

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Treasure.../dp/0937064742

I believe that's just a different version. They are definently worth learning!