Thread: meditating makes me feel a stoned and clumsey

Hybrid View

meditating makes me feel a stoned and clumsey

i've recently started meditating again and i've noticed that i feel very unfocused and out of it for at least an hour afterwards. its not something i really pay attention to, but i've realized that i drop things, i cant form sentences quite the same, my train of thought often stops dead for no apparent reason, and i generally dont function well. i almost feel stoned and i havent smoked pot in months.

it doesnt happen every single time and it's not something i'm looking for either. i dont even tend to get bothered by it at the time .... i just get a lot of exercise picking up my water bottle.
    where's my beer?

off the head or out my azz... maybe you hold your breath too long when you breathe so you get light headed...or maybe you going into the deepest states of your m ind and hit the depression corridor so your subconscious thinks you depressed and then you move all slow and sh*t...or your girl laced your cupcakes with thc....

Well there are a few diferent styles of meditation.

1. The first is the kind where you just sit there and breath and focus on your breath.
    2. The second is where you sit there and sorta chant. Saying something like "Ooom".
    3. The third is a little more active wher you sit there and hit your self in the face with a hammer.
    4. The fourth is more of an assisted meditation where you sit there and a partner hits you with a 2x4.

Your symtoms are very common with the 3rd and 4th styles listed above. Now if you're experiencing the same symtoms with the 1st or 2nd styles of meditation it means that you think about guys when you masturbate.

So either stop doing styles 3 and 4 or maybe try thinking about women when you masturbate.

I hope this helps.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

haha, GDA lost his virginity in San Francisco.......

i dont think about men when masturbating. i think about your mom and my german shepherd.

mmmm ... peanut butter.
    where's my beer?

are you still seeing a doctor? you could be lowering your blood pressure inadvertently. not that im an expert, but you shouldn't be exepriencing ill effects from meditation anymore thanb you would feel ill effects from sleep really.

it is merely quieting yourself.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Have you discussed this with the person who taught the med to you? What did they say about the symptoms?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    are you still seeing a doctor? you could be lowering your blood pressure inadvertently. not that im an expert, but you shouldn't be exepriencing ill effects from meditation anymore thanb you would feel ill effects from sleep really.

it is merely quieting yourself.
    sort of .... i go here and there for checkups but im two years out so im as normal as im gonna get. i wonder if the blood pressure thing could have something to it though. i naturally have very low blood preasure. when i had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks in 2004 my diastolic would dip down into the 40s.

comparing it to sleep actually helps me describe what it a little too. you know how you're more groggy some mornings than others? the toothpaste falls out of the cabinent, you drop your razor, you burn your toast, nothing makes a lot of sense ..... its kinda like that but less intense and it lasts for about an hour. im just generally unfocused and clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq
    Have you discussed this with the person who taught the med to you? What did they say about the symptoms?
    i certainly would, but i learn from books. all im doing right now is just counting my breath though.... zen meditation i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht
    go see one of those buddhist/yoga dudes to make sure your doing it right.
    id love to man, but there simply arent any in my area. the best i could do is go talk to a catholic priest, but then there might be some truth to what chief is saying about me. thus im left to ask for the best advice i can get from the inetweb.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    i dont think about men when masturbating. i think about your mom and my german shepherd.

mmmm ... peanut butter.
    DOH!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

drink a beer...the cause of, and solution to most of life's problems.
    ________
    Jackinize
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    i've recently started meditating again and i've noticed that i feel very unfocused and out of it for at least an hour afterwards. its not something i really pay attention to, but i've realized that i drop things, i cant form sentences quite the same, my train of thought often stops dead for no apparent reason, and i generally dont function well. i almost feel stoned and i havent smoked pot in months.

it doesnt happen every single time and it's not something i'm looking for either. i dont even tend to get bothered by it at the time .... i just get a lot of exercise picking up my water bottle.
    So you meditate before you post here I take it?

I wouldn't worry. I view meditation as an exercise to quiet or turn off my brain when I find it being overly active in my daily life.

Coming out of it my mind is off and almost like stoned but with no anxiety or anxiousness to do something... just kind of empty. Everything takes on a wierd kind of calm, almost so calm that it takes on its reverse and the world, atom by atom, almost seems to vibrate every so slightly... almost.

I've never noticed increased clumsyness or anything like that, but that can just be you. in your stage of your life right now, after meditating. If you feel concerned, definitely go see a doctor. Though I'd say just be mindful of it, drink more water and eat more fruit and see how you feel physically during these times.

meditation often clarifies and intensifies cognitive abilty both intrinsically and extrinsically. It's a side effect. You may have touched upon something and discovered something that you were previously unaware of.

I would suggest that you see a doctor and get a check up. Get your bloods done and check your blood pressure.

Cognitive disruption can be a sign of a lot of things from early onset of huntingtons to alzheimers. Not saying you have these, but definitely worth a check.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Greetings..

From my perspective, meditation is a means of quieting the mind.. so, if i am focusing on something the mind is actively "focusing", contrary to my intended quietness.. the benefit to a quiet mind is it allows whatever experiences are happening to be perceived without much of the prejudice encountered by the busy mind.. a bit like a direct experience. Cultivating a quiet mind is very useful in MA quests, we tend to link directly to the situation rather than contrive reactions.. in the stillness of the meditative state we perceive and sense with heightened awarenesses, allowing our training to manifest appropriately to the situation, not "forcing" it..

Other than that, switch hands.. the imbalance of single-handed wanking can lead to symptoms as described.. oh, and Sativa is much better than Indica for active pursuits..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"