Thread: Chi/Empty Force KO's

Chi/Empty Force KO's

National Geographic on Chi and Empty Force KO's:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/chi-toes.html

They are always fun to watch LOL.

I think after years of teaching these guys egos swell to jesus like proportions.

I like at the end of the video. 'I couldnt knock him out because he was non believer' Doesn't that make the technique completely useless on all but your most dedicated students?

These people should be taken outside the dojo and slapped into reality.

I have read and discussed with other martial artists this problem. Apparently it can be similar to too much meditation where you may become a bit delusional. Without proper guidance it can lead you to false paths.

This BS is usually found in tai chi. I practice tai chi so whince when I see it. I believe in chi but I think that is is more like electromagnetic energy. Its very useful for health but lets not get carried away now!

I really dislike this 'im sifu, also call me god' attitude. Beware of false prophets!
    Thanks

Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, Hand Folded Japanese and Chinese Swords including Katana, Jian, Dao, Qiang (spear)
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Education Centre & Forum for Bladed Weaponry.
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk/forums/

Chinese Sword Society UK
    http://www.chineseswordsocietyuk.com

You know, I can feel my Chi, and through the approprate use of Massage, I can even use it to relax a girl into letting me slowly remove her pants, But there is no way you can project Chi without touch, and certianly not knock someone out from a distance.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Gawd, not him again.

I'll be impressed when he can stop a bullet that I shoot out of my choice of firearm.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

I'm a believer, hallelujah and all that sh1t!

Actually I'm more of a semi believer. I've had Rich Mooney knock me back with "empty force". He himself says this isn't useable in a fight and is more just something for fun. Mind you, he doesn't need it. He is quite capable of knocking me about with normal martial arts without getting esoteric on my ass

As long as people know what they are lerning and its actual uses then I say let 'em. For me it only bacome a problem when it leads to the detriment of self. Emotionally, physically or financially.

Royal Dragon you said............... But there is no way you can project Chi without touch,

My qigong teacher does this all the time as well as I.
    I can assure you that qi can absolutly be projected. She is a master of the art of Jin Gon Tzu Li Gong. It is a medical qigong that projects qi into persons body to rebalance thier yin yang imblance to cure ailments and diseases.

I can project qi into 10 people that have no idea what I am doing and everyone will be able to feel it, sublte but non the less it still can be felt without touch.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I would be curious to see that in action. I have to at least have the lightest of touch to do it myself.

Dinner and a Movie helps as well.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

well from a quantum physics perspective ED has a point. but you can do alot of things from a quantum physics perspective. easier said than done...

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Here's one for ya...

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Whoa, I haven't seen that one before. I didn't watch it with sound but it looked like it was all in Chinese so I wouldn't have been able to understand it, anyway.

Who was that guy?

Remember the thread where the qi blasts guy got punched in the nose? Poor old guy...
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

my sifu can do some pretty crazy stuff without touching you. Although he does not claim to be able to use it in combat, its still really cool. However with his knowledge of pressure points and his skill in real combat, Im sure he could use his chi in a fight effectively.

I am not a skeptic, but I am not one of these people that get brainwashed, simply following everything their Sifu says.. I simply let things affect me as they will.

I think Chi KOs are possible but only with very very very high level people (means youll probably never see it for real)

I love qi blasts

I did an article on it back in our 2002 July/August, No Touch Knockouts: Pressure Points and Qi Projection.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart