Thread: Ken Chung Seminar Cleveland Ohio Dec. 16th and 17th

Ken Chung Seminar Cleveland Ohio Dec. 16th and 17th

Hello Everyone,

I am having a seminar with my teacher Kenneth Chung, from San Francisco.

Ken trained with Leung Sheung, Yip Man's first disciple.

For those of you that might be interested in attending please email me, I still have

a few spaces available.

We will be working on basic and advanced concepts.

The Seminar will be Dec. 16th and 17th in Cleveland Ohio.

My email is cd2@earthlink.net, cell phone is 330-573-7820

Thanks,

Carl
    MARTIAL ARTS: It is not rocket science, if you are smart, seek out a good instructor and work hard for 10 years on basics you might just start to get good.

The best thing you can do for yourself, to get good; is find a good instructor, that had a good instructor and is willing to teach you. Then find a great place to practice, ON YOUR OWN; EVERYDAY!

What good is martial arts, for you; if you do not have loyalty?

WWW.wing-chun.nu , www.immortalpalm.com,

2. I will be there thanks for the heads up Carl

-Joel

Next month...

Hello again,

I just want to say for those of you that have not Ken his skill is very high. He has been doing Wing Chun for over 42 years. It is something he takes very seriously.

I have had a chance to study with over 30 martial art teachers and Ken is one of the best. He does some things better than any of the ones that I have met. In all my years of doing martial arts he is the most precise person I have ever met. When you make a move if it is even off by a 16 th of an inch Ken will be able to take advantage of it.

I usually do not let anyone out side of our lineage come to these seminars. Here is a chance to meet a high level hand. From my perspective if you have a chance to meet some that is very skilled, they may be able to enlighten you with just one thought.

For those of you, Ken studied with Leung Sheung from 63-68 and then came to the US for 5 years, he then returned to Hong Kong for 7 more years, studying with Leiung Sheung during that time.

Leung Shung was Yip Man's first disciple. When Leung Sheung met Yip Man, Leung was 30 years old, weighed about 200# and had been doing martial arts for over 20 years, dragon style and choy lay fote. Yip Man was around 50 and weighed about 130#. It was a very interesting for both, Yip Man needed money and a school and Leung Sheung wanted to learn Wing Chun. There are some early pictures of Leung Sheung and Yip Man on my web site.
    MARTIAL ARTS: It is not rocket science, if you are smart, seek out a good instructor and work hard for 10 years on basics you might just start to get good.

The best thing you can do for yourself, to get good; is find a good instructor, that had a good instructor and is willing to teach you. Then find a great place to practice, ON YOUR OWN; EVERYDAY!

What good is martial arts, for you; if you do not have loyalty?

WWW.wing-chun.nu , www.immortalpalm.com,

For what it's worth...I have had the pleasure to meet Ken twice and all I can tell you is that he is one of the best wing chun teachers in the world and quite a character to boot! There really aren't that many people left with his knowledge and skill so it would definitely be worthwile for anyone to check him out. You can only gain from it. If you want to explore a higher level of wing chun, then this is your chance.

And no...I did not get paid for this.

Ken's Seminar

From my experience I think you can spend most of your life training but never getting beyond what a talented student would achieve in just a few years of training. After that you can get stuck forever at some plateau and never can find a way to jump to the next level of achievement. Eventually this gets very boring and even with very talented students they can suddenly give it all up and say that they are now to busy in their life to do martial arts. Mostly after people reach a plateau they can only think about doing more sparring against MMA tye of opponents as an ultimate path to a higher plateau. Although this way is good for some it is also limiting.

I think it helps if we all know what each other is doing from first hand knowledge. In that way we can have a choice of what path to follow and knowledge of someone else's path can enhance what every path you are on (even the UFC path).

In a nutshell I would say that one seminar from Ken can take your Wing Chun to another level. His seminar is not about learning new tricks but in building a stronger foundation from the ground up and laying out the path right to the top. Ken provides a sound framework that you can use to flesh out your personal Wing Chun.

If all the top Wing Chun teachers had names like Einstein, Newton, Gauss, Mozart, Beethoven and Chopin then Ken would be one of those.

Ray
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun