Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Hi all...

When I have the chance... I study Kung Fu under Master Chow Keung, a student of Monkey King Chan Sau Chung... Was recently in Hong Kong for his b-day...

Wanted to share some videos...

Me performing Snake Head Spear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-akwmAV_8

Double Handed Broadsword:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPIDCjh7gwg

Here is Master Chow Keung... 2 of the sets were done slow, I am guessing for one of his students...

Gow jow kwun, 9 continents staff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hf1rqnsi4

Double Handed Broadsword:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdfiZe6xRr0

Lost Monkey Form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7QLd2Qh34

enjoy...

Joe

fascinating

Their Nine Continents is parallel to the BSL version. I worked on Chan Sau Chung's Nine Continents Staff Video and Wing Lam's Nine Province Eyebrow Height Staff (which I used to practice, but I haven't done it in years). It was interesting to break them both down and compare (although the projects were years apart). Dang...where is that old BSL lyric thread for this set?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Lost Monkey

I really liked the videos...I've wanted to see some vids of Monkey King forms for a while...I especially liked the Lost Monkey form...thanks for posting them.....by the way your form is awesome...... great work

I hope Flying Monkey views these...I would like to hear his comments.
    BQ

Thumbs up Great

Good stuff, Joe! You make my want to post some videos.

I met you like six years ago. I had two pulled groin muscle and back and wasn't very happy that trip. However, your sifu and you were very kind.

Smile WoW !!!

excellent!! I really enjoyed these forms as well. Hey baqualin have you seen the stone monkeys crafty hands form?? I do not believe Master Sin has taught it back east ...I believe it is one of the forms that DS & SS obtained from Master Hsiang........

Thanks everyone...

Flying Monkey, thank you for your kind words... Did we meet in HK? Everytime I hang out with the monkey crew I have a great time... These past 2 years have hung out alot with Chan Koon Tai... He is cool, but to me Chow Keung definitely is the coolest... He even has good fashion sense... lol

Take care all...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    excellent!! I really enjoyed these forms as well. Hey baqualin have you seen the stone monkeys crafty hands form?? I do not believe Master Sin has taught it back east ...I believe it is one of the forms that DS & SS obtained from Master Hsiang........
    Are you stating that GM The knows some TSPK form, too?

I have not, GSM is just now starting to teach out Monkey forms here....he did teach some Monkey forms very early on late 60's early 70's right before I started, so it could have been that or from Hiang, who according to his web site is not teaching any Monkey forms. But I would love to see/ learn it

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Thanks everyone...

Flying Monkey, thank you for your kind words... Did we meet in HK? Everytime I hang out with the monkey crew I have a great time... These past 2 years have hung out alot with Chan Koon Tai... He is cool, but to me Chow Keung definitely is the coolest... He even has good fashion sense... lol

Take care all...

Joe
    We meet in San Fran and Florida. Your sifu's and your preformance was great.
    Last edited by Flying-Monkey; 10-10-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Thank you again Flying Monkey...

There is a post I put in the southern forum for some of my friends there, its about the great grandmaster of the monkey/ axe fist style "Tai Shing Pek Kwar"...

Its under double handed broadsword, I think many of you will enjoy the story... I was schooled by the monkey king over a 4 hour dim sum... He is a great guy, full of knowledge and has seen some history as well as being part of history...

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

Didnt wanna repost it here...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Are you stating that GM The knows some TSPK form, too?
    Lets put it this way...we have a complete Monkey system in SD...GMS is starting to teach it out...I have no idea if it's the same as what you study, which from what I've seen so far is pretty awesome ....I only know it as he teaches it out....so far he has taught out Shaolin Monkey Fist and the 1st & 2nd roads of the Ground Monkey....the Stone Monkey's crafty hands form is something taught years ago by him or his brother to some upper level students at that time....is this form familar to you?

We do know real CMA when we see it and these videos are the real deal and I would love to see some of your stuff just because I enjoy seeing people perform with true ability

I hope I can move as well as Master Chow Keung does when I'm 60
    BQ

There is a post I put in the southern forum for some of my friends there, its about the great grandmaster of the monkey/ axe fist style "Tai Shing Pek Kwar"...

Its under double handed broadsword, I think many of you will enjoy the story... I was schooled by the monkey king over a 4 hour dim sum... He is a great guy, full of knowledge and has seen some history as well as being part of history...

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

Thanks for sharing all this with us....it's nice to see threads like this

My bad ....M. Hiang is teaching 2 Monkey forms...White Monkey and Mad Gorilla.BQ

Check it out...

Southern Forum...

That was a great story. You can sit and listen to Sigung's storys all day.

How long did it take to get your Cantonese up to par?

I took a pic with Anthony Wong at tournament 2000, now I can't find it. I'm sure Joe has a ton. He seemed like a really cool guy.