Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Hi...

Well as some know I studied under Grandmaster Lee Koon Hung until he passed away in 1996, since then with his younger brother Li Siu Hung, neither could speak English quite well...

I worked for GM Lee Koon Hung at the school, he started training me to be an instructor so I needed to learn Cantonese fast... I knew some basics before, but that was the beginning of my change to Cantonese. After Li Siu Hung came, he was even worse, they both taought me more cantonese then they learned English. They felt it was easier that way...

So almost 12 years... There have been times where I didnt speak English for days, like my recent 2 week trip to Hong Kong, I went by myself...

Anothony is a very nice guy, just super busy and super famous now... Hard to walk on the streets... The last 2 times I was there, barely had time to talk with him, but he always would come and talk for a bit... very nice guy...

Joe

for those who dont know me here... here is the link to my school

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

Sow Choi those vids were great outstanding Some of the best stuff I've seen to date on this forum

Liked the sword form.

Also liked the small amount of techniques expressed in the sets. This makes for good ingranation of them.

sidenote: make the clips of yourself bigger. you are effectively a tiny red whirling dude in them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Green Cloud,

Thanks brother...

David...

Used final cut pro, and the clips were from a digital camera... Any idea how to make them bigger? Thanks in advance...

Joe

Speaking of Tai Sheng Pek Kwar, was the story about master Cho Chat Ling having existed and taught people in Cali ever proven or disproven? Was there ever a master Cho Chat Ling?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Faruq,

I have never heard Chan Sau Chung or Chow Keung mention Cho Chat Ling... We speak to Chan Sau Chung once a week about, since he now lives in Vancouver and is bored alot... lol

Is Cho Chat Ling related to the Paulie Zink story?

According to Chan Sau Chung, his teacher Kwan Tak Hoi, who put the monkey officially into the system from Kao Sze, didnt like teaching as he found students to be lazy... Kwan Tak Hoi didnt have anyone learn enough or learn the monley system while in China...

After teaching a little in the north and south parts of China, Kwan Tak Hoi was fed up with it and moved to Hong Kong... He lived with Lam Jo taught him a few sets I believe...

Chan Sau Chung became the 1st real student of Kwan Tak Hoi and then shortly was in charge of teaching... He was like a son to Kwan Tak Hoi and later lived with him. So Chan Sau Chung knows of all the students who ever trained under Kwan Tak Hoi.

I believe what he says, makes sense, especially after seeing all the monkey kung fu out there, to me, Im only impressed with their monkey style...

I'm not a big fan of monkey kung fu or imitation kung fu, too much wushu or weird stuff out there... But with their monkey, I have seen its uses...

Joe

Nice videos, as Gene said there is a big similarity between your 9 Province Pole and the set that we practice in Gu Ruzhang's lineage. Would love to see a version of your Dan Dao (single broadsword) if you have it!

Beiquan...

Will try to get a clip of it...

I have seen the Pek Kwar Dahn Do of Chan Kwok Wai's line and learned one though LKH CLF as well, most likely from Northern Shaolin somewhere...

But none of them are identical to Tai Shing Pek Kwar, you can see its definitely the same form, but many drastic chnages... the one I learned has a jump toe kick and a hurricane kick in it... Tai Shing Pek Kwar has neither... from what I remember... I learned almost half of it, while helping Chow Keung train a non chinese speaking student...

See if u can post a clip too... Love to see the Shaolin stuff...

Joe

Thanks, I don't have any footage of our Dan Dao set but there is some video of the BSL 9 Province floating around... I think it's Wing Lam's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXYyHGoKm4

Website...

Is there an official tspk website anymore? All I get on google is Zink's stuff

Yeah, I was talking about the Paulie Zink story. I saw the fued between them end a few years back, and had wondered if that had been due to the Cho Chat Ling having been verified. I guess not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Faruq,

I have never heard Chan Sau Chung or Chow Keung mention Cho Chat Ling... We speak to Chan Sau Chung once a week about, since he now lives in Vancouver and is bored alot... lol

Is Cho Chat Ling related to the Paulie Zink story?

According to Chan Sau Chung, his teacher Kwan Tak Hoi, who put the monkey officially into the system from Kao Sze, didnt like teaching as he found students to be lazy... Kwan Tak Hoi didnt have anyone learn enough or learn the monley system while in China...

After teaching a little in the north and south parts of China, Kwan Tak Hoi was fed up with it and moved to Hong Kong... He lived with Lam Jo taught him a few sets I believe...

Chan Sau Chung became the 1st real student of Kwan Tak Hoi and then shortly was in charge of teaching... He was like a son to Kwan Tak Hoi and later lived with him. So Chan Sau Chung knows of all the students who ever trained under Kwan Tak Hoi.

I believe what he says, makes sense, especially after seeing all the monkey kung fu out there, to me, Im only impressed with their monkey style...

I'm not a big fan of monkey kung fu or imitation kung fu, too much wushu or weird stuff out there... But with their monkey, I have seen its uses...

Joe
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Faruq,

I know the TSPK people very well... They find it weird that Paulie Zink never contacted them ever, even when they were here in the USA. Also they have tried to contact him, but he never replied.

They are not mad at him, they think he is misrepresenting their style and himself... no offense to Paulie Zink, I never met him... He claims to be TSPK, but there is not one similarity between the 2... They have a few of his videos (Paulie Zink) that were given to them.

As far as they are concerned, there is no such person or anyone unknown who is able to teach the system... So let the people judge themselves I guess...

But the TSPK take extreme care of who is allowed to teach...

BTW...

There is no official TSPK site at this time... you can reach Master Chow Keung at www.ck-kungfu.com

Joe

Omg!

beiquan, that's Jaime Tan, an old classmate of mine from Wing Lam! He was mainly a tai chi guy, but he loved the BSL staff set. Cool to see his vid. I haven't seen Jaime in nearly a decade, maybe more. He moved to OR and that was that the last I'd seen of him.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

As for Zink, I spoke with Sigung a great deal about this. I think Sigung was being too nice. Sigung gave Zink a lot of chances to proof himself, but Zink and Matsuda didn't contact them except for an e-mail stating that because the copyright of Sigung's book expired, they can use the pictures in Sigung's book. Also, they said to call they lawyer.

Now, Zink lives in Montana with his wife teaching yoga.

Wow yoga, well he is flexible