Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

At this point you have proven to be a cunning little weasel so I'l just have to fight you when I see you at an event. This will go down sooner or later.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    awww, man...I wuz all ready to officiate..and I would have worn my speedos, just for fun! (no, really, they're really neat. They're blue with a black diagonal...oh nevermind)

Geeze!!!

I would fight Ross if I was out there. I hate when crap like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post

As far as agreeing to fight on Friday I decided that late last night and then I woke up and realized what I had done
    That's pretty much what most people here believe....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

At this point you have proven to be a cunning little weasel so I'l just have to fight you when I see you at an event. This will go down sooner or later.
    Sample event encounter

Gus: Hi Dave, I was gonna jump you today

Dave: But?

Gus: Well, my hip is still hurting, I mean, I'm only 375 months in recovery now

Dave: Yeah, 375 months of recovery and that hip still isn't quite right

Gus: And I'm wearing the wrong pants, I need to wear my purple challenge pants

Dave: I hate when I'm caught in the wrong pants

Gus; but next time I see you I'm really gonna jump you, I promise

Dave: sure Gus, sure
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

He did say he would do it on another saturday... How about next saturday?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

cjurakpt Guest
    And as far as backpedaling is concerned how long do you need to train to fight Negron when will that happen??? And how come your fighting with him with no rules???
    from what I understood, having been invited by Dave to attend the fight, a) it was either that Negron was the one who cancelled or it was a mutual decision (I'm not 100% sure), but it was not unilaterally Dave who bailed and b) the rules were to be Burmese style, officiated by Phil Dunlap, a bando practitioner (www.thaing.net - rules are posted on the site - which is pretty close to no rules, from what i could tell)

so, to summarize:
    1) CHALLENGE: A challenge was made by Gus

2) ACCEPTED: Dave accepted the challenge

3) RULES: Dave offered a rule-set consisting of UFC and PRIDE, Gus rejected those, but then accepted Knife Fighter's suggestion of UFC 1 rules; KF also offered some other suggestions such as use of liability waivers, use of 2 cornermen per fighter, use of a ref in a somewhat limited context to allow free rein to the fighters as much as possible, and rules for determining the winner (fighter taps, corner throws in towel, ref ends fight, or something like that)

4) LOCATION / TIME: Dave offered offered a place (his school) and date / time (Friday, 10/27 @ 5:00 PM): Gus agreed, however, he later recanted on the date and time, citing inability to find coverage for his classes that evening (so, as opposed to following in the footsteps of his sifu and defending his honour at all costs, he reveals himself to be no less of a busnessman than Dave - so much for his critique of Dave being a sell-out: kettle, meet pot...); he in return offered Saturday 10/28, which Dave was not able to accommodate, due to a long standing prior comittment (taking fighters to a pro event - more than reasonable)

so, what is the next thing to do in this case? I think that the onus is on Gus to suggest another SPECIFIC date and time (as opposed to some non-specific Saturday or Sunday, or, even more vaguely, some "event" in the near or distant future); because he issued the challenge and then backed out of the date and time he and Dave had agreed upon, if he doesn't follow through and set up an actual date and time, then, by default, he should be declared the loser

just my opinion...
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 10-24-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Ballerinas have those attributes also.
    Doen't mean that ballet makes them fighters.

Lord almighty, what a load of drivel.

This aint such a good idea if ya dont mind me sayin so.
    I respect the bolth a ya
    First smooth,then fast.
    Smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    He did say he would do it on another saturday... How about next saturday?
    that's just fine by me, I meam honestly I hadn't thought of some of the leagal ramifications that Knife Fighter brought up to make this a legal fight. This could take more than a few days to set up, but if can happen next Saturday that's ok too.

I called dave up personaly to see if we could arange it for next saturday but after the 5th time he hung up on me I guess that was NO!

cjurakpt Guest
    that's just fine by me, I meam honestly I hadn't thought of some of the leagal ramifications that Knife Fighter brought up to make this a legal fight. This could take more than a few days to set up, but if can happen next Saturday that's ok too.

I called dave up personaly to see if we could arange it for next saturday but after the 5th time he hung up on me I guess that was NO!
    so then, I guess it's to Dave - Saturday, November 4th; I assume the proposed time was to be the same (5:00 PM)?

As far as Ross is concerned I just asked if it would be feasable to switch to saturday since I can't find coverage on Friday.
    Anyway I will leave it an open challenge for any Saturday at Rosses earliest convenience..
    Wow! Speed backpedaling... challenge issued; date, place and time accepted; excuses made; backout completed. All in less tha 24 hours.

Looks like I was right... as always.

You can keep the $50.00... it was worth it to see you show your true colors.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    from what I understood, having been invited by Dave to attend the fight, a) it was either that Negron was the one who cancelled or it was a mutual decision (I'm not 100% sure), but it was not unilaterally Dave who bailed and b) the rules were to be Burmese style, officiated by Phil Dunlap, a bando practitioner (www.thaing.net - rules are posted on the site - which is pretty close to no rules, from what i could tell)

so, to summarize:
    1) CHALLENGE: A challenge was made by Gus

2) ACCEPTED: Dave accepted the challenge

3) RULES: Dave offered a rule-set consisting of UFC and PRIDE, Gus rejected those, but then accepted Knife Fighter's suggestion of UFC 1 rules; KF also offered some other suggestions such as use of liability waivers, use of 2 cornermen per fighter, use of a ref in a somewhat limited context to allow free rein to the fighters as much as possible, and rules for determining the winner (fighter taps, corner throws in towel, ref ends fight, or something like that)

4) LOCATION / TIME: Dave offered offered a place (his school) and date / time (Friday, 10/27 @ 5:00 PM): Gus agreed, however, he later recanted on the date and time, citing inability to find coverage for his classes that evening (so, as opposed to following in the footsteps of his sifu and defending his honour at all costs, he reveals himself to be no less of a busnessman than Dave - so much for his critique of Dave being a sell-out: kettle, meet pot...); he in return offered Saturday 10/28, which Dave was not able to accommodate, due to a long standing prior comittment (taking fighters to a pro event - more than reasonable)

so, what is the next thing to do in this case? I think that the onus is on Gus to suggest another SPECIFIC date and time (as opposed to some non-specific Saturday or Sunday, or, even more vaguely, some "event" in the near or distant future); because he issued the challenge and then backed out of the date and time he and Dave had agreed upon, if he doesn't follow through and set up an actual date and time, then, by default, he should be declared the loser

just my opinion...
    Chris, defend my honor what did Dave rape my wife or something??? This is about CMA VRS. MMA that's all and youre right I am a buisinesman and I have other obligations like paying my bills.

You know how hard it is to run a Kung Fu school, and in the Adult world everything is subject to change. I haven't backed out I just wanted to move the date up only one day. I think we can agree that is reasonable request,,, besides your over analtical comments have a little prejudice toward me also since in the early years I wiped the floor clean with you to.

Let me make one thing clear to all of you on the forum, when it comes to me-- Mike, Dave and Chris have always despised me. We just act like we get along to keep up apearences. I can see nothing has changed in 17 years, it's still three against one.

that's just fine by me, I meam honestly I hadn't thought of some of the leagal ramifications that Knife Fighter brought up to make this a legal fight. !
    You own a martial arts studio and you don't understand the legal ramifications of fighting!!!!!?????!!!!

Methinks you just outed yourself as a McDojo owner.

Let me make one thing clear to all of you on the forum, when it comes to me-- Mike, Dave and Chris have always despised me. We just act like we get along to keep up apearences. I can see nothing has changed in 17 years, it's still three against one.
    WOW...With all the past floor wiping perhaps an old school WWF Royal Rumble is in order!!

Are there any training brothers you don't have a problem with?
    "To know you don't know is best.
    Not to know you don't know is a flaw.
    Therefore, the Sage's not being flawed
    Stems from his recognizing a flaw as a flaw.
    Therefore, he is flawless."