Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    HOLY SH!!TTTTTT!

I didn't even read this thread at all until C. Jurak called me yesterday AND at 8:30 am today!

I will be there, at Dave Ross's school this Friday, 4:30 pm. I will make sure that there is no 'monkey business' (I couldn't resist) going on.

I will supply the video camera and the security (1 police officer and some of my students). No one will enter the school with a weapon.

I read the posts from both D. Ross and Gus Kaparos. Without trying to embarrass anyone, there is a lot of truth to what one of them says, and the other is full of sh1t.

I for one, what to see this fight happen. I think the outcome will serve everyone well.

Best of luck to both fighters. I've known them both for about 20 years. They have never gotten along and never liked each other.

The last time you guys sparred (or really just played around) was about 15 years ago. I would assume that you are both different people right now, different martial artists. 15 years is a lot of time and a lot of room for growth. I hope both of you realize that the past does not equal the future.

I'll keep my personal opinions out of this (for now).

The fight will be at 5:00 PM on this Friday at New York San Da in Manhattan.
    Here is the address;

New York San Da
    313 W 37th Street, 8th Floor (Between 8th and 9th Ave.)
    BUZZER # 806
    New York, NY 10018
    (212) 239-8619

UFC Rules, which are almost no rules, fighters need to bring their gloves and a cup. I'll bring extras just in case. No biting, no gouging, etc.

And to make things simple, let's say 3 five minute rounds - video tape can be the judge of the fight - and it's over after 3, or until someone taps or is unable to continue.

My goal is to make sure their either fighter is not seriously injured and will stop the fight if either fighter is unable to defend themselves.

See you all on FRIDAY, 5:00 PM at the above address. That's this FRIDAY 10/27/06 to avoid any confusion. Fighters, please be punctual as we will start the fight promptly at 5:00.

Good Luck!
    Actualy Mike I never agreed to those terms,,,Also I don't see why Dave would want to fight negron closed door with no rules and with me he's making an exception.

This fight will be on my terms, No rules, No time limit, No reff. and no audience. If you and Chris want to come that's fine you want to tape the fight that's fine.

Once again my point being is that the Challenge I originaly posted was supposed to be like the so called Negron figfht that never happened, why create different rules for me.

this is going to happen China town style and those are my terms. My hole argument on this thread is about not conforming to MMA but sticking to CMA.

And also after thinking about it I can't find coverage on friday so I'm sure Saturday night when I'm off and my school is closed will be better for me and 5:00 will be just fine.d to use UFC rules since my point was, that kung fu is effective when you forgo the rules.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 10-24-2006 at 06:44 AM. Reason: hjgh

Once again I would like to point out that I'm 4 months post op since my hip sergury and that's the only reason Mr. Ross is fighting me.

Can't realy blame him since me having a handy cap gives him an un fair advantage, that's why I need to fight using my rules no rules not barefoot and no speedos.

This saturday night at 5 PM, Ross please confirm.

Gimpy people shouldn't pick fights, imo.

Gus has just called me to inform me that HE is changing the date. He asked if it was okay with me.

His reason was that he could not get coverage for class and that he wouldn't have any students to come with him. I'm a bit confused;

Gus says:
    This fight will be on my terms, No rules, No time limit, No reff. and no audience. If you and Chris want to come that's fine you want to tape the fight that's fine.
    I thought that Gus wanted no audience, and he told me on the phone just now that he wants to bring students. I'm confused.

Let's do this fairly.

Each fighter can bring 2 cornerpeople to the fight. Bring no one if you want, but both of you can only bring 2.

Gus is saying that the fight is by his rules and his rule is; there are no rules. That is not reasonable.

NO eyes, NO Groin, 5-minute rounds. Three 5-minute rounds should be sufficient. If they both want more, than that seems okay as well. If they can both fight for more rounds, well, kudos to them. Time limits and ill-targets are for the safety of the fighters, not to hamper anyone's skill set or thier style of fighting. Unless someone plans on maiming someone maliciously, or trying to end the fight quick with with a knee to the nuts? That wouldn't prove very much now, would it?

Let's see if that day/date/time works for David Ross. Personally, I think it should be Friday. If it was me, I would either get classes covered or just cancel them for the day. Gus has a few days to get coverage, it's only Tuesday. Plus, it's my wife's birthday on Saturday, and I'd prefer not to have my day cut in half with a trip to the city (for a possible no-fight anyway).

I the fight was set for Friday. Gus challenged Dave, Dave accepted and a time was agreed upon. Gus should stick to the date and time. What does everyone else think?

Both guys are talking big talk. I don't think this is the time for anyone to be backpeddling. This is the time to get mentally prepared. I say mentally because; there is not too much that either fighter can really do in three days to improve themselves physically, unless they start sparring and rolling a few hours a day without injury. We'll see what happens.

And the winner will receive the championship title "KING OF THE KUNG FU FORUMS" I might even get the winner an engraved plaque or something...LOL

Let the games begin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Gimpy people shouldn't pick fights, imo.
    Amen to that my brother!

I think Gus has issued at least one other challenge since his surgery. Frankly, I don't know why he is doing this. And now he is briging up his hip. It didn't seem to bother him 6 pages ago.

I hope no one gets hurt, I've known both guys for a long time. This fight started 19 years ago, so I think time limits are in order!

And no one has to wear speedos. Shorts are fine, T-shirt, MMA gear, tank top if you want, or no shirt is good. I wouldn't want to wear sweatpants or Kung-Fu pants as they would be a disadvantage, but I would assume it's okay with both guys. Just gloves, wraps and a cup. Again, this is for SAFETY not to impede on anyone's skills.

"Have at you!"

*voice from nowhere*

If you guys really want to end this, then conciouslly make the decision to do so.

All you're doing is feeding into the goading that's been laid out here.

And so, what will your fight prove? And what do you gain from it?
    Will there really be resolution that comes from it?

If I understand correctly, you guys have had a beef for a long time?
    And fighting will solution that how? What about after the fight? Then what?

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    *voice from nowhere*

If I understand correctly, you guys have had a beef for a long time?
    And fighting will solution that how? What about after the fight? Then what?

DJ, I think that it is illegal for you to use the word "beef" anymore, in regards to a problem between individuals, unless you are still sporting a 'Spuds McKenzie T-shirt and playing with a Hacky-Sack. I think we can effectivly call this a 'grudge-match'.

Just poking fun David

And as far as it solving anything? Maybe not to you, but someone will feel a lot better after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Being a fighter is either in you or not and twenty years of training in "x" will not be the factor in what makes you pull that rabbit out of a hat. Mostly it's about crisis response and if you you are a flighter, you will almost always be a flighter and if you are a fighter, then methods will indeed improve you ability to be that.

But if you do not have the will in you, then Im not sure how sparring and rolling and cardio intensive exercise will put that there.

Men are not born brave, but become so through training and force of discipline.
    ~vegitius~
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Hey don't be dissing spuds now! he wore sunglasses and had a lot of nice looking chicks around him at all times... although "he" was a "she" (i think it's because budweiser didn't want to show dog c0ck on tv.)

am I dating myself with using "beef"

sorry, I'm not down with the zeitgeist lingo these days.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]Once again I would like to point out that I'm 4 months post op since my hip sergury and that's the only reason Mr. Ross is fighting me. Can't realy blame him since me having a handy cap gives him an un fair advantage, that's why I need to fight using my rules no rules not barefoot and no speedos.

And also after thinking about it I can't find coverage on friday so I'm sure Saturday night when I'm off and my school is closed will be better for me and 5:00 will be just fine.d to use UFC rules since my point was, that kung fu is effective when you forgo the rules.
    I guess your backpedaling skills aren't that good afterall. I would have thought you would have come up with some new material by now, instead of the same old stuff.

Lee-

I know your aching for me to speak to that, so I will offer you this.

BRAVE1. possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
    2. making a fine appearance.
    3. Archaic. excellent; fine; admirable.
    –noun 4. a brave person.
    5. a warrior, esp. among North American Indian tribes.
    6. Obsolete. a. a bully.
    b. a boast or challenge.

–verb (used with object) 7. to meet or face courageously: to brave misfortunes.
    8. to defy; challenge; dare.
    9. Obsolete. to make splendid.
    –verb (used without object) 10. Obsolete. to boast; brag.
    and

Fighter1. a boxer; pugilist.
    2. Military. an aircraft designed to seek out and destroy enemy aircraft in the air and to protect bomber aircraft.
    3. a person who fights, struggles, resists, etc.
    4. a person with the will, courage, determination, ability, or disposition to fight, struggle, resist, etc.
    One can be brave without ever raising a hand towards another. One can be brave by facing his fear. Being Brave doesn't translate directly out as being a skilled fighter as you would like to interpret.

Example: Ghandi was Brave

That clear it up for you a little?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Lama Sifu, I'm not postponing the fight by a week or a month just one day, it's more convenient for me not to loose money since I conduct all my privates on that day.

Saturday I close early and I never said I was bringing and audience just 2 people.

If you can't make it because of your wifes B day I understand.

I'l agree to MMA gloves and ofcource, no gouging, but my sneaks will remain on since I need some cushion on my feet to take some shock off my hip.

I realy don't feel that I am being unreasonable, what's the differece Friday or saturday it's only one day and most people usualy close early on saturdays so I think that's fair for all.

No problem DJ. In fact, it was only when I read the post to my wife, (8 years my junior, I'm 39) did she inform me that I was a '****' for thinking that 'beef' was okay to still use! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Gus is saying that the fight is by his rules and his rule is; there are no rules. That is not reasonable.

NO eyes, NO Groin, 5-minute rounds. Three 5-minute rounds should be sufficient. If they both want more, than that seems okay as well. If they can both fight for more rounds, well, kudos to them. Time limits and ill-targets are for the safety of the fighters, not to hamper anyone's skill set or thier style of fighting. Unless someone plans on maiming someone maliciously, or trying to end the fight quick with with a knee to the nuts? That wouldn't prove very much now, would it?
    The "rules" we use are the same as UFC 1:

No eye gouges, no biting, and no time limits.
    Wear a cup and groin strikes are allowed.

This way no one gets blinded and it is a pretty good compromise between sport and street fighting and is a fair assessment of one's abilities.

You guys need to book-it down to the Barnes and Noble and buy a new urban dictionary.