Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    You're my elder, but act so much younger. grow up. Regardless, you wouldn't say what you said about capoeira if you knew that much about it, unless you making a very bad attempt at being sarcastic.

I'm sorry, but I don't respect elders who act younger than I am, old f@rt. I'm not in a kung fu lineage where I just respect you because you're there...
    With all the garbage that is being spued out on this thread, you expect me to take you seriously.

I posted many responces at the begining of the thread but they were ignored for some reason,,, HMM I wonder why??

Old **** I garantee you I move way better than you sonny boy

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    How exactly are you "killing this thread now," aside from filling it with spelling mistakes?
    See seven star this is a perfect example of why I can't take you guys serious, Pointing out my spelling errors.

You guys are like the three stooges, You have ukokusai with his two word responces, KF with his dislike toward me, and you backing up their crap .

Stuff like this is what made this thread dejenerate to name calling. I can't help it that you guys have an extreme prejudice toward me.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    You sooo don't nknow anything about me, what just because you just recently discovered elbows, knees and head buts you think that I don't use that as part of my arsenal.

That just shows how little you realy know.

Quite frankly, I'm glad I don't know you. I know more about you now, than I want to, actually.

1. you are very biased toward cma.
    2. you are a hypocrite
    3. you love to talk sh!t - we can start a thread about roses and you will end up talking smack to someone.
    4. your reading comprehension SUCKS.

I didn't say you don't use them. I said that you are so caught up swimming in the jizz stream of CMA's nuts that you are blinded by a lot of other things, like your reference to capoeira as breakdancing.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

See seven star this is a perfect example of why I can't take you guys serious, Pointing out my spelling errors.

You guys are like the three stooges, You have ukokusai with his two word responces, KF with his dislike toward me, and you backing up their crap .

Stuff like this is what made this thread dejenerate to name calling. I can't help it that you guys have an extreme prejudice toward me.
    ROFL!! I guess I gotta give you that one, since I pick on spelling mistakes too. Nobody has a prejudice toward you though, just your closed minded views.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

With all the garbage that is being spued out on this thread, you expect me to take you seriously.

I posted many responces at the begining of the thread but they were ignored for some reason,,, HMM I wonder why??

Old **** I garantee you I move way better than you sonny boy
    posted responses to whom? me?

if you're gonna move better than me, you better eat your wheaties and take your geritol complete's first. And those bulky depend diapers will restrict your movement, so just wear boxers...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I don't understand how anyone can claim to have a totally open mind within context of this thread.

mma has it's place, tcma has it's place.

who exactly started trashing cma in this thread and who has a closed mind about cma in this thread?

who has a closed mind about mma in this thread?

who always points at forms as ineffective training methodology and yet doesn't do them or doesn't seem to do them with any idea of what they are realy about?

simple questions.

I don't dis mma. if it floats yer boat fine, it's got good stuff but it is what it is and it's not more than anything else or less than anything else.

just pointing it out. and it is silly to not expect people to get a little emotional about it when you start ridiculing them with no sound reasoning other than "you don't play with us so therefore you suck"

that's just trash talk and frankly it is useless and unproductive.

If you seek to wallow in your favourite thing and your favourite thing is mma, then why are you trying to wallow in it here? The magazine, this forum and the spirit of the people here is about chinese martial arts and if it doesn't fit your world view, then you're most welcome to find someone who will validate your opinions and views and even share in them.

It will be a harder go of it here, especially for those dudes that are coming at it from an angle of only having some depth in one side of the situation.

to every thing there is a season and what the seasoning is here is not mma, the flavour is by definition CMA both traditional and non.

If youdon't get that, then I refer you to the logo at the top left of this page.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

And would it kill you to at least TRY to spell correctly?

I'm sorry, did you expect a deep, thoughtful response to "I'm killing this thread now"?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    who has a closed mind about mma in this thread?
    That would probably be the guy who thinks that the UFC develops rules specifically to exclude the deadly kung fu guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    A lot of people here could use a basic lesson in logic

Now, here's a slightly harder one.... SIfu Abel can fight, he has trained forms, he has done sparring and focus mitts, which of the following must be true?

1. Forms are responsible for his fighting
    2. Sparring and focus mitts are responsible for his fighting, while forms have no relationship to his fighting
    Loaded answers. What about 3. Sparring, focus mitts and forms are responsible for his fighting

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    thats probably not ethical if the agreement is money in exchange for instruction.
    Maybe lkfmdc can speak to that issue since that's what his teacher did.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    That would probably be the guy who thinks that the UFC develops rules specifically to exclude the deadly kung fu guys.
    I don’t think anyone is saying there are rules specifically developed to exclude Kung Fu. However, there are rules in place so that UFC combat isn’t "all out" street fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    A lot of people here could use a basic lesson in logic

Mary is a school teacher, Mary is a woman, Mary is from Michigan, All school teachers must have a degree, which of the following must be true?

1. All school teachers are women
    2. All school teachers are from Michigan
    3. Mary must have a degree

Now, here's a slightly harder one.... SIfu Abel can fight, he has trained forms, he has done sparring and focus mitts, which of the following must be true?

1. Forms are responsible for his fighting
    2. Sparring and focus mitts are responsible for his fighting, while forms have no relationship to his fighting

Discuss
    LOL!!!
    I can just picture the mental giant Green Cloud trying to puzzle this one out.

OOOH BTW Seven* as far as having respect, ask some of the younger posters here how I treat them, the answere is like my equals since they seem to be more mature than you.

When I said I was your elder I meant just in years I've been alive longer than you wich means that I have experienced more than you.

What ever youve experienced in the MA, I've already been their done that.

Sometimes I feel like I'm arguing with one of my teenagers who think they know it all. anyone that has teenagers give me an amen.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 10-23-2006 at 05:33 PM. Reason: zxc

The Xia
    No, Knifefigher is referring to a comment that the Gracies organized it in such as way as to give BJJ an edge. Might have been Green Cloud or David Jameison.

Actually the rules were a bit more relaxed in the early fights I think.

I agree with the opinion that most fighters just weren't prepared for an extensive ground game.

Green Cloud
    My youngest is 30. Now give me that old guy respect. :-)
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 10-23-2006 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    What better ways are there to organize all the techniques of a given style in a coherent manner?
    Um... books, notes, CD's, computers?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    I'm sorry, did you expect a deep, thoughtful response to "I'm killing this thread now"?

I don't have to use a spell check that's what I have you for, and you do it for no compensation either