Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

nah i think Gene believes people should be able to say what they want as long as they keep it civil. or rather not too offensive.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    I can't believe Gene allows these anti-CMA fruitcakes to continue driving away quality discussion and knowledgeable CMA practitioners. This whole forum has turned into a complete joke.
    Gene! Gene! make the mean people go away! Hide! It's the blue meanies
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Don't just take my word for it.
    Even kung fu people support my views.
    Here's a quote from another thread:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    Basicly CMA boils down to one of these two.
    1. Those that don't say much and train and can fight.
    2. Those that talk alot gather forms and can't fight.
    Most CMA (TCMA,TCFA) whatever you want to call it falls into the second choice. I've been around martial arts a long time and have seen both. The first is as rare as an actual Big Foot sighting
    There are so many frauds and phoneys within the CMA relm it makes your head spin. I've seen many skilled martial artist don't get me wrong, but i've met "VERY FEW" that can actually use their chosen art with any regularity. Basicly i've seen many skilled kickboxers, i've met only a few actual CMA fighters.
    Don't get me wrong I have never said or will ever say that ALL kung fu SCHOOLS are great. JMD will tell you I'm one of those very few. Most of the confusion and BS spewed around comes from that bottom of the barrel.

At the very least JMD practices what he is commenting on and has a firm grasp of what the realities in Kung fu are. You, on the other hand, have only a vague knowledge of our subject.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-22-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Actually Gus, you seem to have missed the point entirely, but don't get all ****y.

I know what I teach works because my students fight constantly. We fight San Da, Muay Thai and MMA and we, gasp, win

I train with those guys, I also roll with my BJJ instructor, so I know what works, I also know where my skill level is, that's a lot more than most so called TCMA people can say.

So all that time while under your teacher yu skill was "iffy"? I find it funny how you put down ALL kung fu except yours.

KFM should get rid of the emoticons and instead have style and rank graphics so we can tell who the outsider non-CMA non kungfu people are, and call them trolls. Kinda like e-budo or bullshido, but for Chinese and Kung fu (non-chinese chinese.)

Lets have a poll!
    strike!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Well if we are going to go by what "it looks like should happen" based on your picture, you look like a prime candidate for gastric bypass surgery to get you out of the realms of the obese.
    LOL,
    We can't all suffer from manorexia, twiggy.

You've lost your mind Rather than "talk" about how great CMA was for fighting, I went out and tested the proposition. We continue to test the proposition on a regular basis. ......
    ...I wanted to prove that we could use Lama in teh ring, so, gasp, we got in the ring. We landed side kicks they said we could never land. We use so choih and kahp choih. We don't complain about how we have to wear gloves and sit in the stands while others do the fighting

So you've proven CMA sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    So all that time while under your teacher yu skill was "iffy"? I find it funny how you put down ALL kung fu except yours.
    totally missing the point again Abel

I "put down" those who live in la-la land and yet spout how "deadly" their kung fu is.. though I see it as simply interjecting reality into a faulty world view

The level of skill I had with my sifu isnt' even relevant to what I was talking about

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

So you've proven CMA sucks?
    What I've proven is that while some CMA technique can work, some of the other conventions of CMA are total crap. Rather than curse the darkness, flip on the F in lights

Isn't it? You said you've only seen your skills for what they are when you created this san da group.

What I've proven is that while some CMA technique can work, some of the other conventions of CMA are total crap. Rather than curse the darkness, flip on the F in lights
    So how much of what you know is crap? What part of your kung fu got chucked? You did learn from all these masters. They obviously were sub par by your standards now.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-22-2006 at 07:10 PM.

totally missing the point again Abel

I "put down" those who live in la-la land and yet spout how "deadly" their kung fu is..
    Which to you is ALL of the CMA world entirely. No exceptions? You maybe?

Isn't it? You said you've only seen your skills for what they are when you created this san da group.
    I'm not even sure that is English

The fundamental difference between when I (or Seven or Knife) make comments about a technique's application or effectiveness and quite a lot of others associated with CMA is that (1) we've tested it against resisting opponents in "alive" situations and (2) we test it frequently under a variety of conditions

How often does someone tell you that they used "technique x" once in a fight and it worked? As if that's justification? Once? Against who? It's possible to KO someone with a tornado kick once, it is still a low percentage technique compared to a knee to the head.

Or, what I like to call "idiot testing".... lots of stuff works against someone with no clue, heck, try it on your little sister Is that the standard CMA should strive for?

you're right Abel, everyone doing CMA can fight, they're deadly... in a real fight they'd all take Shogun, Fedor and Hughes out without much trouble

I'm not even sure that is English

How often does someone tell you that they used "technique x" once in a fight and it worked? As if that's justification? Once? Against who? It's possible to KO someone with a tornado kick once, it is still a low percentage technique compared to a knee to the head.
    The analogy is flawed. You wouldn't be in a position to choose between the two. Its totally apples and oranges. try again.

Sorry if you don't have the skill, agility, flexibity or freedom of movement to use one, its unfortunate. Maybe a little stretching will help.