Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    your a hater.

Not at all. I think MMA is quite cool actually. I don't train it personally, because that's not where my goals and interests lie, but I respect it and can understand why many people train it.

Question

What is all this talk of "Boxer Rebellion"?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    If you read my posts, you will see that I mostly post on threads in which I have years of experience and the kung fu guys are talking out their a$$es about something which they have no clue, such as MMA or groundfighting.

This thread, specifically related to MMA, is a perfect example. Not one kung fu guy who has posted his "knowledge" on this thread has ever competed in a single MMA event.

I rarely post on the subjects specific to kung fu that are not related to the areas of my experience.
    That's just absurd you turd,,, how do you know we don't compete in mixed MMA or at least train to counter MA tech.

I fought a MMA the other day and as he was trying to hump my arm I knocked him out.

You are very presumptious to think that kung fu guys arent practicing MA, any good MArtist evaluates other styles and and fill in what ever gaps their system is weak in.
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 10-22-2006 at 04:40 PM. Reason: gxvg

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    Not at all. I think MMA is quite cool actually. I don't train it personally, because that's not where my goals and interests lie, but I respect it and can understand why many people train it.
    I feel the same way and I respect all other MA systems, too bad that knife has no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    an overwhelming popular (and thus utterly depressing) pereception in TCMA circles is that "sport fighting" is somehow beneath them and that their practice of "deadly" techniques prepares them for a "real fight" like the street....

the reality that every so called "sport person" knows intimately is that executing technique and hurting someone is a lot harder than TMA would lead you to believe.

I've said it before, take all the "sport people" and even with NO RULES against the so called "traditionalists" you'd have an overwhelming victory for the so called "sport people"

If you can't get on a mat, in a ring or in a cage and deal with basic attacks like kicks, punches and wrestling, why do you think you can fight?
    That's an interesting Question dave, why do you think you can fightv I've never see you get into a cage.

before you gett all P!ssy I'l answere that question,,,It's because when we were young MMA venues were not around.

So answere this question if you your self have never competed in such venues what makes you think you could coach MMArtist.

I'l answere that question too, it's because you do research and fill in the gaps that are inherent in your system to coach better fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    I'm not sure what all this fat grabbing stuff is but the ministry of defence teaches a skin grabbing method for body guards called CDC concepts and also tom patire endorses that kind of training.

It's been endoresd by Napma, the leading industry magazine for the MA profesional, and also fetured on many talk shows like Montel.
    Just in case you guys didn't read my earlier post.

oh so very correct, for me "kung fu" meant fighting, but trying to run a school called "kung fu" inevitably brought out weirdos who wanted fancy forms and secret chi strikes... switched "profiles" to San Da and MMA and get what I want, peopel interested in training hard, training with contact and training realistic skills with resistance
    That's why you couldn't make your Kung Fu school a success was because you were too buissy doing what you wanted, not serving the needs of your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    That's an interesting Question dave, why do you think you can fightv I've never see you get into a cage.
    Actually Gus, you seem to have missed the point entirely, but don't get all ****y.

I know what I teach works because my students fight constantly. We fight San Da, Muay Thai and MMA and we, gasp, win

I train with those guys, I also roll with my BJJ instructor, so I know what works, I also know where my skill level is, that's a lot more than most so called TCMA people can say.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Actually Gus, you seem to have missed the point entirely, but don't get all ****y.

I know what I teach works because my students fight constantly. We fight San Da, Muay Thai and MMA and we, gasp, win

I train with those guys, I also roll with my BJJ instructor, so I know what works, I also know where my skill level is, that's a lot more than most so called TCMA people can say.

Is it Dave? Do you know most TCMA people?

You're a casuality of marketing buddy and you've given up a root of nourishment in exchange for a peel of acceptance in the common times.

That's my view anyway. You can call me what you like, but in my view, you sold out on something because you couldn't make it work in context to where you wanted to be accepted.

i'll stick with Kungfu and I'll continue to enjoy it and I'll continue to read about people who bag on one thing while being hypocritical about another.

there's losers in mma and losers in tma, there's losers in your grocery store and there's heros in places you never thought there would be...I mean, inside of you. Sometimes, crisis draws the real us out. Sometimes it pushes us down.

What's more important?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Is it Dave? Do you know most TCMA people?
    I've spent close to 30 years in TCMA circles. Traveled the country with Chan Tai San, also studied with other famous sifu like YC Wong, Tai Yim, Jeng Hsin Ping, Adam Hsu, etc

I went to national level CMA events for YEARS... how many of the schools in attendance put people in to fight with contact? Less than 1%.

I watched Muay Thai schools enter the San Shou divisions and destroy CMA guys. I watched the guys afterwards scratch their heads, try and figure out what happened and inevitably make excuses

Heck, in Florida one year one of my students KO'd a student of one of the Shaolin "monks"... The "monk" told his student afterwards that the win wasn't valid because we hadn't "fought Chinese"... actually, we side kicked and cross his student into la-la land... pretty standard San Da combo

You're a casuality of marketing buddy and you've given up a root of nourishment in exchange for a peel of acceptance in the common times.
    You've lost your mind Rather than "talk" about how great CMA was for fighting, I went out and tested the proposition. We continue to test the proposition on a regular basis.

I started doing BJJ (not consitently) back in '93... rather than try and talk myself into how deadly my claw skills were, I rolled with BJJ black belts and found out really quickly that CMA didn't provide the answer to all problems

I wanted to prove that we could use Lama in teh ring, so, gasp, we got in the ring. We landed side kicks they said we could never land. We use so choih and kahp choih. We don't complain about how we have to wear gloves and sit in the stands while others do the fighting

because you couldn't make it work in context to where you wanted to be accepted.
    Again, missing the point entirely. I want to make it work in a FIGHT, that's the "context"... that's really the only context that matters, or are we running back to granola, tree hugging, happy happy la la land again
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Oh Boy

Dave the fighting we learned from CTS was for the street was it not?? But we could also incorporate certain techniqes in certain venues to create wins rather than adhearing to just Tai Boxing techniques right??

Do you realy feel that your guys would do as well in san da without certain CMA techniques that are very effective???

My point is these guys are dissing CMA instead of embracing certain gabs that are inherent in their prospective styles.

All styles have their down falls icluding stand up styles ( no grappling) Jiu jitsu (no stand up) Hmmm I understand what sifu taught us was a wide variety of techniques, stand up ground fighting, joint locking and open hand techniques, including his unique aproach to boxing.

The point I'm trying to make here is not the methodoligy that is presented by MMA styles but that if the gaps that are inheret in CMA are filled in than you have agood chance of destroying your apponents in the ring.

I can't believe you all filled 28 pages with this sh!t.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I can't believe you all filled 28 pages with this sh!t.
    yea I know it's like ground hog day, everytime I wake up it's the same Bull Sh!t.

I can't believe Gene allows these anti-CMA fruitcakes to continue driving away quality discussion and knowledgeable CMA practitioners. This whole forum has turned into a complete joke.